What's new

The Brady Bunch: Flubs (1 Viewer)

Dave*

Auditioning
Perhaps those BB fans outthere may want to participate in this thread.

I recently noticed a "flub" in the episode entitled "The Personality Kid".

During one part Peter gets a phone call asking him to attend a birthday party and he politley declines.In the scene we see him and he is wearing a blue shirt.But when it cuts to Mike and Carol(who are seated on the couch)Peter hangs-up the phone(or whomever perhaps is standing in for him)and you can clearly see that it is infact a pnik/redish type of short-sleeved shirt.

I know there are a few others.There is an episode where Mike leaves in either the brown car and arrives in the blue car(or vice-versa).

So,BB fans,what other "flubs","continuity problems" have you come across?

I mean,there are lots of little inconsistencies,from shot to shot.Where someone may be holding a glass and then in the wide shot they are not or whatever.

I am refering more to the ones that a clearly "flubbed".

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
In The Tattletale Cindy comes downstairs wearing pajamas but when she returns upstairs she is wearing different clothes!

JasonPW

Stunt Coordinator
Wish I had more specific info...but in Barry Williams' "Growing Up Brady" they reference an episode where the Bradys leave the house in a car and return in a station wagon (or vice-versa). Lloyd Schwartz takes the blame--apparently he called up the wrong piece of file footage in the editing process.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
In the episode where Bobby is afraid of heights, they buy a trampoline....each of the kids give it a try. When Peter is jumping on it, Florence Henderson says "Go Get Em', Chris!" Plus, I think Barry Williams calls Jan, Eve, in the same scene.

Dave*

Auditioning
Yeah,it's surprising how stuff like calling the actor by his or her real name gets by.

Tony S

Stunt Coordinator
There was one episode where they were going to make tacos or something. They write their shopping list on the chalkboard in the kitchen. A scene or two later, someone passes by the kitchen, and the chalkboard is clean. Then in the scene where they return from the grocery store the chalkboard has the list again.

Jack Platt

Stunt Coordinator
A FLUB in "Juliet is the Sun!"

Interesting tidbit!! Listen closely when Marcia is looking in the mirror and her "conscience" is reflecting on all of the things that were said to her, Jan says, "You're a terrific actress!" Mike says, "You look beautiful and nobel to me!" Carol says, "Your a beautiful girl!" and Greg says, "Don't play it so cool, you know you're something else." What is interesting is that Greg's line was NEVER said previously to allow Marica to reflect on it! Greg tells Marcia that a guy he knows thinks she is groovey and Greg does try to encourage her. But he never says that specific quote. I had always thought that Greg's line was cut by TV Land or syndication prints. But with the uncut DVD it is not included! This scene could have been cut at the time of filming or else it qualifies as a "Brady Blooper!"

Jack

Claude North

Second Unit
In "Cindy Brady, Lady" Susan Olsen can be seen sticking out her tongue as she exits a scene. According to Susan, she was having trouble remembering her lines that day and she thought they were doing a run-through and not actually filming the scene. No one noticed, and the tongue stayed in.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Hey Abbott, wait a minute! You said Cindy could be seen Ok buddy, which was it? Was the tongue out, or was it in?!!

Lou Costello

;)

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
When Peter is eavesdropping with the tape recorder and Greg and Marcia are recording phony dialogue for him to listen to, the lines are altered when he actually listens to it.

Jack Platt

Stunt Coordinator
Guys,

Check out "Sergent Emma" for me please cuz I haven't gotten that far on the Season 3 DVD. Some have said that when the Brady's are outside doing their excersizes that they used what they claim to be an obvious double for Greg! Do you think this is true? They claim that the double doesn't look like Greg and was a stand-in for him. What do you think about this?

Jack

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
In the one with Jan's glasses she tells everyone to meet her at the photographer's the next day, but the girls are all seen sneaking out together.

Sloppy writing: when Bobby is upset about being short Alice sends him to the butcher shop for sausage so she can cook dinner. Yet when he escapes from the meat locker he has to call Sam, who is over at the house picking up Alice for their date, even though she hasn't even cooked dinner yet (unless she just gave up and served leftovers).

Jack Platt

Stunt Coordinator
In "My Fair Opponent" when Marcia tries to help shy Molly Webber by working with her to change her looks and personality for Senier Banquet Night, it is established that the most poular girl in the class is "Patty Hobert" (who is initially competing against Molly) Molly once refers to her as "Sally Hobert!"

Jack

Claude North

Second Unit
Here's another oddity to watch for:

On the opening credits of the third season episodes, hit pause before any of the boxes with the daughters appear. Use the frame advance while watching the corner of the screen where the box with Cindy in it appears. You'll notice on the fade in that Susan Olsen is touching her neck and then quickly pulls her hand out of the shot.

As for the "Sergeant Emma" episode, it's definitely Barry Williams in those exterior shots when the family is out running.

Jack Platt

Stunt Coordinator
With regard to "Cindy Brady, Lady" and the above pic. Growing Up Brady has another error. Susan said that Alice was the one who stuck out her tounge when Cindy gives her the flowers. But as you can see in the picture, it was Cindy.

Jack

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks