What's new

The Bourne Identity - Explosive Extended Edition: (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'd gladly buy it if there were actually anything new on the disc. But wasn't the alt ending and opening already included on the first release in the deleted scenes? If all they've done is chop the original film and added these alts back on, I see no point in a repurchase.

Saw the trailer for "The Bourne Supremacy" this last weekend. Just can't wait for this film! :emoji_thumbsup:

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I could give a crap about alternate opening and endings, what I want to nkow is which is the DIRECTORS prefered version?

I like the movie but have yet to pick it up. If this Explosive edition is the directors prefered version, than I well probably pick it up. Otherwise, I can get the original at a pretty cheap price.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
Maybe this extended version will include the never-before-seen barge fight scene that was originally filmed for the climax of the movie (the barge fight scene was mentioned in an issue of premiere or Movieline in an article about the Borune Identity before the movie came out)and as far as I know it was never included as a deleted scene for the first DVD release.

Be Seeing You,
David Blackwell

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
That's because it isn't from Universal. It is one of Warner's highly coveted 2-Disc Special Edition DVDs. Warner owns the rights to Deer Hunter for region 2 while Universal owns the rights to the film for region 1. This is also why Warner is not able to release this wonderful 2-Discer in the states.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Did Warner acquire EMI's film division then, because I thought that EMI was connected with The Deer Hunter.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

I keep forgetting about the different studio rights in different regions. So annoying.

Daniel Windsor

Stunt Coordinator
Warner owns the rights to Deer Hunter for region 2.

No they don't. That's part of the Canal+ catalogue (formerly owned by Vivendi-Universal).

Warner distribute the video only in the UK (and have done so since the EMI VHS)

Universal still own the USA home video rights AFAIK.

The Deer Hunter SE review

Link Removed or www.happyhunter.com for the best price.

Jim Dalton

Stunt Coordinator
God I'm so sick of Hollywood pulling this crap on people! I bought this once and enjoy it, but I sure as hell am not going to buy it again! :angry:

I just wish these people would do something novel like say, oh I don't know, release the best version they possibly can the first time around and not release a DVD and then a year or so later, release a *NEW & IMPROVED* extended super-sized version!

Besides, it doesn't look like much is added to this version anyway that I would want to double-dip for.

The whole thing just smells of a marketing ploy for "The Bourne Supremecy" - which I am looking forward to.

Okay. I'm done ranting. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks