What's new

The Blues Brothers Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Kevin EK

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
My favorite of the sales stories came a year or two ago on Black Friday. Friend of mine went to Fry's for the 29.99 sale on the Spiderman 3-movie Blu-ray set. Got there before 9am and there were none left, since only one or two had been put on the floor and of course had been scarfed up as soon as the store opened by the first stampede. So he went to Best Buy figuring he could get the same great price. Got told "you want that price, go back to Fry's". Of course, he could get that price today, but that would have meant waiting a little longer...

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein

Someone please report back about the use of the coupon.

I'm getting ready to go to Best Buy in the next two hours but

I may wait until I hear some success stories.

I'm stopping on my way in to work this morning Ron and I'll let you know. In the past however I've never had a problem with BB coupons on "sale" DVDs/Blu-rays.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Originally Posted by Scott Merryfield /forum/thread/313325/the-blues-brothers-blu-ray#post_3835795

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Cool. We may be at different stores at the same time as I plan to be

there within the hour myself.

One last question. Can the coupon be printed and used more than once

or is the barcode somehow tied to a computerized account?

I'd like to go back to the store later this week and perhaps buy ANIMAL HOUSE.

Visit our
imgrepo
DVD,
imgrepo
BLU-RAY and
imgrepo
3D REVIEW ARCHIVES

robbbb1138

Second Unit
Real Name
Robb
dpippel said:
I'm stopping on my way in to work this morning Ron and I'll let you know. In the past however I've never had a problem with BB coupons on "sale" DVDs/Blu-rays.

It must vary by store. I'm sure there's some override that they could do, but the store by me always reads the fine print on every coupon you hand them. It makes those 10% coupons that you get every few weekends a couple waste.

gomezfan69

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
jason stocker
If you print out two coupons you can use both of them on separate items. I'm planning on getting SOURCE CODE and THE BLUES BROTHERS today. I'll just hand the cashier two coupons and voila! I just saved $10. Like I said earlier I've used this coupon many times.

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
"Markdowns taken from regular prices. Not valid with any other coupons or offers." Is The Blues Brothers considered to be at the "regular price". Before I waste a 30 mile round trip, I'd really like to know if they accepted the coupon and the final price was only $10 plus tax. I'd be using the Orange, CT store btw.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Okay...

Just got back from the store.

They did take the coupon...however....

When the cashier scanned the coupon an error message

came up on her screen. Without blinking, she just overrode

the message to apply the coupon.

Got The Blues Brothers for $10.69 (with NJ 7% Tax)

gomezfan69

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
jason stocker
Every time you use the coupon a message comes up on the register to confirm the coupon. It basically just asks if the $5 off any $14.99 or up coupon is the correct one.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Exactly Jason. Most BB coupons require cashier "approval" before they're applied. I used this one today for the Blues Brothers with zero issues. $10.68 out the door.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I have used the BB coupon many times this month almost always with sale items. Only once did a cashier refuse to take it. I said thank you and went to a different cashier. Will be sorry after July 31 when the coupon expires. Coupon says not good on sale items but it really hasn't been a problem.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Amazon has a $10 off promotion if you purchase 2 Universal comedies, including Animal House and The Blues Brothers. That currently makes them $15 each.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Steve Tannehill said:
Amazon has a $10 off promotion if you purchase 2 Universal comedies, including Animal House and The Blues Brothers. That currently makes them $15 each.
Thanks, Steve. That was the price point I was waiting for.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Not sure how, but I got this for $8.00 at Best Buy with a Reward's Zone coupon...which was two dollars more off the price than I expect. Nice little surprise. On any rate, I thought the transfer seemed fairly natural except for some edge enhancement. It wasn't severe, but completely unnecessary. However, as I mentioned in another thread, I have yet to see a Universal catalog title that lacks noticeable edge enhancement.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks