What's new

The Blacklist: Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Very strong conclusion to the arc that began with Liz's assassination of Tom Connolly. I particularly liked that she had to plead guilty to that one -- since she was guilty of that one -- but the charges were appropriately mitigated by the circumstances.

Laurel Hitchin's cool, calculating pragmatism makes her a more formidable adversary than the Director, who was a little too confident in his own omnipotence.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
The evil Director got the death that he deserved (and I enjoyed watching his gradual loss of smugness and surety as his assassination plans began to unravel), but we can't be done with the two-faced Laurel Hitchins. Something bad needs to come her way, too.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Matt Hough said:
The evil Director got the death that he deserved (and I enjoyed watching his gradual loss of smugness and surety as his assassination plans began to unravel), but we can't be done with the two-faced Laurel Hitchins. Something bad needs to come her way, too.
Well, she has to be the face of evil for the Cabal.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Last night's episode was terrific.

Two nuggets:
Aran explaining to not-Agent Keen what they do when left in the office. "I downloaded the fourth series of ‘Doctor Who’ on the mainframe, Tom Baker is awesome "

And Red talking about being impersonated
"Short of George Sanders, I can think of no one I'd rather have pretend to be me."

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
David Weicker said:
Last night's episode was terrific.

Two nuggets:
Aran explaining to not-Agent Keen what they do when left in the office. "I downloaded the fourth series of ‘Doctor Who’ on the mainframe, Tom Baker is awesome "

And Red talking about being impersonated
"Short of George Sanders, I can think of no one I'd rather have pretend to be me."
I completely agree. Excellent episode with some nice twists.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Part of me wonders if the real point of this episode was to plant the seed that the man played by James Spader is not actually Raymond Reddington. Whether he is or not is more or less irrelevant, though; this man is the man who has the relationship with Liz, and this man is the man who has outmaneuvered everybody. Whether his name ultimately turns out to be Raymond Reddington or not, he's still at the center of this entire thing.

I guess now we know how they're going to handle Megan Boone's pregnancy.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Adam Lenhardt said:
Part of me wonders if the real point of this episode was to plant the seed that the man played by James Spader is not actually Raymond Reddington. Whether he is or not is more or less irrelevant, though; this man is the man who has the relationship with Liz, and this man is the man who has outmaneuvered everybody. Whether his name ultimately turns out to be Raymond Reddington or not, he's still at the center of this entire thing.

I guess now we know how they're going to handle Megan Boone's pregnancy.
I didn't know she was pregnant. As to the her pregnancy on the show, that happened kind of quick didn't it?;) Also, Tom's reference to Red about asking for Daddy's permission, is that an admission that he is indeed her father or just a throw away line?

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Robert Crawford said:
I didn't know she was pregnant. As to the her pregnancy on the show, that happened kind of quick didn't it? ;) Also, Tom's reference to Red about asking for Daddy's permission, is that an admission that he is indeed her father or just a throw away line?
Maybe he's Tom's father. That's the first thing that came to my mind when he said that.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Matt Hough said:
Maybe he's Tom's father. That's the first thing that came to my mind when he said that.
Interesting, but he was ready to kill his own son at the end of the first year.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I

Robert Crawford said:
I didn't know she was pregnant. As to the her pregnancy on the show, that happened kind of quick didn't it? ;) Also, Tom's reference to Red about asking for Daddy's permission, is that an admission that he is indeed her father or just a throw away line?

I took this as to him finally admitting he was indeed Elizabeth's father. I did enjoy the episode. Had me wondering who this guy was and how it was going to be resolved. Although, got a little nervous when I thought the cleaning lady for Red was going to die. I like her.

Ashly Yeo

Stunt Coordinator
Just caught this week's episode and enjoyed it very much. I am very glad it i renewed for another season as the major storyline needs to be flushed out especially the actual state of Lizzie's mom and Reddington's real reason why he turned informant. This week's episode seems to lay the framework for what RR is capable of.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I believe Keen's mom is alive. Since the one pic of her is blurred. This way they can hire any actress they want for the role.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Robert Crawford said:
I believe the actual conception is most likely supposed to be when she was on the boat with Tom at the end of the previous season.

I believe Tom's Daddy line is just a throw away, but to keep it still in mind as possibility.

I think it likely we will meet Lizzie's mom before the end of the season.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
NeilO said:
I believe the actual conception is most likely supposed to be when she was on the boat with Tom at the end of the previous season.

I believe Tom's Daddy line is just a throw away, but to keep it still in mind as possibility.

I think it likely we will meet Lizzie's mom before the end of the season.

Yes, I those points much the same way too as it's really not hard to follow. Liz had been intimate with Tom since his major return last season and on the boat when they were going to both run away together. So that's rather easy to write in the show and explain.

The line with Tom is just a statement someone would make to anyone acting like a Father figure to another person regardless of it being biological parenthood or not. He was just saying he doesn't need "Daddy's" permission, letting him know that he is going to do this regardless but wanted to make it easy on Liz if they could get along.

In regards to Liz's real Mother, I have always suspected she was truly a traitor and sleeper spy that Red found out about the night of the fire. Whatever happened then, all hell broke loose and their family was torn apart. I am thinking that Liz's "Father" died that night because of what Red knew he had to do or become and it's a figure of speech. He had to change into someone that couldn't be a real Father to Liz and do things that no one could be forgiven for to protect the only thing he truly cares about in this world and has left.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Creepy predators in this week's show. Not as exciting or as breathless as some recent episodes, but it certainly did hold my attention (as the show almost always does).

Nice to see Lizzie back to brunette.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Matt Hough said:
Creepy predators in this week's show. Not as exciting or as breathless as some recent episodes, but it certainly did hold my attention (as the show almost always does).

Nice to see Lizzie back to brunette.
I've been waiting for the hair change for ages. I can't believe we hadn't been seeing the black roots appearing slowly all season.

The opening scene was quite horrifying.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Not as edge of your seat exciting as some other of this season's episodes, but it was entertaining nevertheless. Great change of pace role for Tony Shalhoub.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
How many times has Red done something that Lizzie "can't forgive", now. I count at least 3.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
This show has sometimes reminded me a bit of Alias, and as the seasons went on with that series there were similar issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks