1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Blacklist Season 1

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by mattCR, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Well-Known Member
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    I didn't enjoy this week's episode as much. Red didn't have much to do except be enigmatic, and that "I'm done!" exclamation is used on every series known to man, and the audience knows it means nothing in the long run.

2. Hanson

Hanson Well-Known Member

Hanson
    The moment where the girl (holy shit, I have no idea what her name is) turns in her husband on the phone and describes him as as "incoming client", then pauses for a long time, turns her head towards him and says, "...my husband", was perhaps the cheesiest moment in the entire season.

I never noticed how much Parminder Nagra looks like Snooki.

3. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    Well, they're starting to peal the onion just a bit about Reddington and probably Keen.

4. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Thank goodness! I can't stand the suspense!!! :D

5. Matt Hough

Reviewer

Matt Hough
    The show is ALWAYS more fun with Reddington playing a major role in the investigation. Thank goodness that moment of pique has passed and we're ready to move forward.

6. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Well-Known Member

I was starting to drift away from the show a bit, but the subplot in Monday's episode with Reddington and the house sucked me back in. Between the flashback to the three-year-old girl playing in the backyard and the thematic linkage of the A-plot with a secret father obsessed with protecting his child, it certainly seems like the show wants you to believe Reddington is Keen's father.

7. todd s

todd s Well-Known Member

Just read Alan Alda will be appearing on the show as a nemesis or associate of Reddingtons.

8. ScottH

ScottH Well-Known Member

Scott
    The best word I can think of to describe this latest episode is, well...stupid. The stuff with Reddington and the husband's background is mildly interesting, but not enough to make me want to sit through the laughable "villain of the week" that seems to be some story concocted by a bunch of grade schoolers.

9. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    I still don't think Reddington is the father.Maybe Reddington works for somebody "bigger"...

10. Robert Crawford

Robert
    If he is then the FBI is more inept than I thought of them. That other woman he looked up could possibly be his daughter too.

11. Matt Hough

Reviewer

Matt Hough
    I get a little provoked when Reddington just shows up at the airport where the perp is. I know he knows all and everything, but aren't there several private airports around New York where he might have taken off? Mightn't the one nearest Wall Street be the too obvious one to go to? (Of course, we don't know that he went to that one, but I just find our having to take for granted that Reddington is all-knowing just a bit too convenient in every episode.)

12. Robert Crawford

Robert
    If that bothers you, how can you reconcile the federal government and agencies allowing a criminal and traitor to operate freely with their cooperation in which he continues to commit felony crimes?

13. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    I liken Reddington to being a "dictator without a country".

Coca Cola probably allows more crime in any one day than Reddington.

14. Adam Lenhardt

Me either, if only because the show's being so forcefully about foreshadowing him to be. We know his daughter was three and a half the last time she was measured at the house he blew up, and we know Keen's father adopted her when she was four. Everything's so neat and tidy with Keen being Reddington's daughter that I have to believe it's a red herring.

I thought that too. I do think there has to be a personal connection of some sort between Reddington and Keen, since he obviously knew Keen's adoptive father quite well and probably got him to adopt her.
    I took it more as him knowing where he'd take off from in the greater New York metropolitan area if all planes were grounded, and made a logical leap from there. Presumably when it comes to private airports, all aren't created equal when it comes to unlogged flights.

15. Robert Crawford

Robert
    One thing to remember is that Reddington might have more than just one daughter. Last week, he reference "raised my family" in the house he eventually blew up. Somewhat awkward terminology for just one child. I would've used the term "raised my daughter" if I only had one child.

16. Matthew Belson_295371

Matt Belson
    If the FBI shut down commercial air travel, how did Liz's hubby travel to Nebraska to try to see her father? They explained away Reddington's traveling via private jet, but what about Tom?

17. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    Already in the air.I assumed they meant BWI etc only.Shutting down the entire US would have been a bit much.

18. Adam Lenhardt

TVLine: NBC preempting The Blacklist on Monday, Airing more VoiceHonestly, the only logical conclusion at this point is that the NBC executives are actively trying to finish the network off once and for all. The most over-exposed show on television becomes more over-exposed, and NBC disrupts the flow of its biggest new hit to make room for a reality TV clipshow.Between this and benching "Parks & Recreation", I'm convinced that NBC is moving toward being a network that airs nothing but The Voice 24/7/365.

19. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

But, but, the NBC promos have been telling me this show is the break-out show of the new fall season? Wut?