What's new

"The Black Donnellys" NBC - Monday Night (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Rating last night was a 4.4, or less than half of the 9.4 pulled by a CSI rerun on CBS.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I'm giving up on this show, it bores me. I tried to give it a few weeks, but it didn't get much better for me.

Don S

Stunt Coordinator
I like the show a lot. I'm sure that's the kiss of death, and it will be off the air in 2 weeks :)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale

I'm also....gone.

As somone who never lived anywhere over 3 or 4 years the first 30 years of my life, the concept of "we're from here" is lost on me. There was no one on the show I could root for.
As the late comedian said, "Get out of the #*+@^in' desert!"

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I really wished I cared about Huey, I really do...

Someone please run over Jimmy's good leg.

Tommy does look like he just drank prune juice in most of his close-ups.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
I like the feel of this show a lot. I am a sucker for organized crime stories and this one grabs me. Some of the actions of the characters seemed more than a bit unbelievable, but we don't know a whole lot about the characters yet. I like the way they are forcing Tommy into the life of crime it looks like he takes. I'll continue to watch it if it makes it.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I finally got around to watching last week's episode, and it did get a little better. Finally getting through all that Huey funeral business has given the show some room to breathe.

LCD22

Screenwriter
I really enjoyed last night's episode, but I noticed they didn't show any previews for next week's episode. I'm surprised it has taken NBC this long to bump this series off of their schedule. NBC is pulling "The Black Donnellys" in three weeks for, and get this, a new reality series called "The Real Wedding Crashers" from the producers of MTV's "Punk'd".

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.a...=20070402nbc02

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
Chris,

When I watched the show last night they did show previews for next weeks episode. In fact they showed how Tommy and some of the boys defend the neighborhood from some guys and how they are starting to become the go to guys for the neighborhood residents.

LCD22

Screenwriter
It must have been my NBC affiliate then. I thought it was odd that they didn't show one.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
CNN and others are reporting that this series has been CANCELLED. (Will show eps until 4/16 supposedly.)

I'm behind a couple of episodes, and just couldn't like it. I HATE Jonathan Tucker and don't think he has the "weight" to headline a show like this. I wanted to like this so much because of Paul Haggis, but it's just as well now. . .

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I just read this on the TV Guide website. I guess it's back to square one for NBC for this time-slot. As much as I like Studio 60, I don't think it will be renewed.

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
yeah, i liked it too. When will they learn that some things you have to greenlight for at least a season and a half for it to have a chance. Did anyone learn from Seinfeld?

Don S

Stunt Coordinator

Amen. And Cheers also. I know it's a different time now, but still. They give absolutely no chance for any show that isn't an immediate success. It's really really hard to invest my time in any new shows ..

LCD22

Screenwriter
FYI, NBC.com will be streaming the remaining unaired episodes every Monday starting tonight at 9pm ET.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I finally watched all the episodes, even the one that wasn't aired(due to the violence, I guess) but fits in between episode 2 and 3 continuity-wise. I could use one more episode to tie up things because the last episode ends with a helluva cliffhanger. The show got better after the first 4 episodes.

TV555

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom Veryal
It was ok. What bugged me was that I figured the Narrator was Tommy (kysersose) type thing in the first episode. The narrator just never belnded in and was randomly stuck in whenever the narrator felt liek mentioning himself. Plus Tommy being the smart, sympathetic, buff etc guy... BS. This theory became concrete in one of the internet episodes where he kept talking about how pissed he was about Jenny or something.
The episodes were written poorly. They had a real formulaic made for TV feel.

I wanted to like it, but it never happened. I was actually kind of happy Deep Space Nine Mom got hit in the end.

Seriously, who watched this show and did not feel a littel dumber afterwards, b/c it was at least 45 minutes even w/ a DVR.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.