What's new

The Bits: Paramount to release Honeymooners episodes in October (1 Viewer)

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
David youre welcome, hopefully itll come october 21 and not the 4th like empire is reporting. Hopefully paramount will do a press release soon .:)

Kajs

Second Unit
Real Name
Kurt
Just what I needed on Oct 21st! More DVDs to buy!....Lets see, Dick Van Dyke Show Seasons 1 and 2, Indiana Jones Trilogy, Insomniac With Dave Attell, and now the Honeymooners...thats 21 discs to you and me!

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
It also mentions that there will be a choice between the original 1.0 mono sound or a new 2.0 stereo remix !! Plus extras tba !!!:D

Paul Drake

Stunt Coordinator
Dvd planet is also saying an 11/4 release date, and as 1 of the extras on the set, interviews with the stars !!
These interviews will undoubtedly be recycled since two of the stars have passed and a third is in poor health in a nursing home.

I would however like to see a new interview with Joyce Randolph who is still with us. Unfortunately, Gleason chose not to use her for the Honeymooners Anniversary special in the late 70's (Jane Kean from the 60s version was used).

Regarding the color episodes, they are fun to watch. I used to watch them in the early 80's in late night syndication. I've only caught glimpses of the Goodlife showings.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Back on the date front...DVDEmpire has changed to say 11/4, instead of 10/21. DVDPlanet says 11/4. Amazon says 11/4.

But Amazon.CA says 10/21! :eek:

I can't wait for official info from Paramount to arrive...

Kajs

Second Unit
Real Name
Kurt
Paramount sure likes to confuse people about those two dates...

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
I can't confirm a date, but I can confirm it has been bumped from the October schedule, and it is officially listed as coming in November.

-Scott

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I had forgotten how awesome this show was , so just to remind me how great a tv show it was, i watched 1 episode on my beat up old vhs tape .I was suprised at how much i still enjoy it. The episode i watched was tv or not tv. Just for old times sake heres a quote from that episode ! Alright you space cadett, for 3 days we had this set, and for 3 days , we watched nothing but space shows, cartoon frolics, and puppet shows !Tonight i am watching a movie, and if you dare to make a sound during the movie , ill cut off your air supply ! :D I already got my copy of the dvd boxed set preordered , cant wait for november 4 ! Thanks Paramount !:emoji_thumbsup:

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Davis dvd.com has just posted the back cover for the set and its just to damn good ! Now im more pumped for this release than ever.:emoji_thumbsup: To see it , once you get to the site click on back covers, then jot down to november 4 releases. My mouth is watering after looking at that back cover.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks