What's new

THE BILL COSBY SHOW: Season Two direct from Shout Factory! (1 Viewer)

Mister Q

Grip
Real Name
Don
According to TVShowsOnDVD.com this will be available in "early 2010" as another 'direct to consumer' release, available exclusively from the Shout Factory on-line store.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Bill-Cosby-Season-2/13094

I remember this show vividly from when I was growing up; brings back a ton of memories!
I'm really happy that this very cool series is FINALLY seeing it's second (and final) season released. If this set is anything like the first season, it should look and sound pretty great; good quality, uncut prints with original music.

I find it rather curious that CBS Home Entertainment continues to justify it's music replacements, claiming they're being held hostage by legal issues and allegedly prohibitive licensing costs yet these small companies (Shout Factory, Image Entertainment, Anchor Bay, Arts Alliance...) with their comparatively limited resources continue to release their sets virtually unaltered; popular songs and underscores intact.

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
Originally Posted by Mister Q

According to TVShowsOnDVD.com this will be available in "early 2010" as another 'direct to consumer' release, available exclusively from the Shout Factory on-line store.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Bill-Cosby-Season-2/13094

I remember this show vividly from when I was growing up; brings back a ton of memories!
I'm really happy that this very cool series is FINALLY seeing it's second (and final) season released. If this set is anything like the first season, it should look and sound pretty great; good quality, uncut prints with original music.

I find it rather curious that CBS Home Entertainment continues to justify it's music replacements, claiming they're being held hostage by legal issues and allegedly prohibitive licensing costs yet these small companies (Shout Factory, Image Entertainment, Anchor Bay, Arts Alliance...) with their comparatively limited resources continue to release their sets virtually unaltered; popular songs and underscores intact.

I am also looking forward to season 2 of The Bill Cosby Show, it's been a long wait for it that's for sure. When this comes out, check out The Barber Shop episode. It's the funniest episode of the series.

"Don't get me mad, Cartons! Don't get me mad, now!"

"You jive turkey!!"

"What's happening here?? What's goin on??!!"
"J.J. wanted a warm up, Cartons said no."
"A warm up???!!!"

"You broke my windshield!!"
"Now let's get something straight, that throw didn't count."
"What do you mean it didn't count, you broke my windshield!!"
"It was an illegal throw and he'll have to throw it again!"
"Never mind that, who's gonna pay for my windshield??!!"
"Look, you're insured, right?"
"No I'm not insured for a ball thrown from the Ames Hotel!!"
"Well, Cartons should pay for your windshield because he threw it."
"Cartons!!"

"Cartons, you broke my windshield!!"
"OK, J.J., pay off, you lose!!"
"I lose??!! Ask Chet, it was a bad throw!"
"Yes it was a bad throw, you broke my windshield!!"
"OK, we'll do it again!!"
"And this time Chet will throw the ball!"
"WHO'S GONNA PAY FOR MY WINDSHIELD???!!!"
"The loser pays for Chet's windshield!"
"Alright!"

LOL I can watch this episode 1000 times and not get tired of it. The genious of it is not just in the comedy, but also in the way the actors react to each other and the events that occur during the episode. I don't really like the way the episode gets resolved, but otherwise it's one of the funniest half hour sitcom episodes of all time.

And I agree about CBS DVD. They have butchered many shows, My Three Sons, Gomer Pyle, Fugitive, etc. It's a travesty and a bunch of legal nonsense, and as a result the consumers are the ones who end up getting screwed.

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Bill-Cosby-Season-2/13418

Tvshowsondvd indicates a possible April 20th release date as the day it's scheduled to be released. It's not official, though, and it could be subject to change.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
It's now up for pre-order on Shout's site!

And at long last another show enters the ranks of the completed.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Finally. It only took how many years to finish? I guess the show isn't vapid enough to be in much demand by the majority of the DVD buying public.

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
I don't think vapidity was the problem; I think invisibility was the problem. I barely remember the show in its network run, and I never saw it in syndication afterwards. For the majority of the DVD buying public, it was an unknown quantity.

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
Originally Posted by Tim Tucker /forum/thread/295923/the-bill-cosby-show-season-two-direct-from-shout-factory#post_3673574

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks