What's new

The Biggest Loser - Season 9 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Wow. We are already several weeks in and no one has started a thread yet for this very popular weekly program. The contestants keep getting bigger and so do the ratings (at least whenever I see them posted).

Our household still finds this to be a very inspiring and motivating program...but I don't think there has ever been such an unlikeable grouping of contestants. It's very hard to pick a favorite--someone to root for...and it's not like it's the first week and we still don't know anyone. That's too bad because it takes a lot of the enjoyment out of the program. At least there's lots of people to root against.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
I have not found one team to root for this season. Maybe the Black team..... And is it just me or does Allison (the host) get more and more orange each season. Her hair is horrible this season as well.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I think they need to work on some casting issues. They may be getting bigger physically, but they seem, this season, to be sacrificing personality for weight.

The only thing I'm looking forward to this season is the point where Bob & Jillian will become vindicated that they were right about the woman on the red team lying about her game play. But, at the same time, I don't know why the two trainers seem to be obsessing about it so much.

It was easy to see that the stress of that two-pound disadvantage weighed enough on the green team to get in their heads and screw up their results for the week.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
So far it's been OK. I'm not too fond of red Michelle, either. But she's not as bad as some of the other ones we loved to hate, like Vicky and Heba and Tracey.

It was kinda weird how they were all getting on Mike's case, because %-wise, he's been right in with the rest of the group. Prior to last night's weigh-in, he'd lost 10.45% near the upper end of everyone, just a few had lost more. I guess he just conveyed a lackadaisical attitude at the wrong time.

Now here's the weird thing about Michelle. I really think the week she gained one pound, that was probably game-play. I'm not so sure about the next week, when she lost just one pound. She had to realize that the person whose weight was going to count, could have been switched at the weigh-in. Maybe when she did game-play the prior week, whatever she did may have come back to bite her with a low number the next week. But you're right, Bob & Jillian should have gotten over it easier than they did. Isn't it amazing how the players who it seems most will dislike, get immunity and control, like with the 3 envelopes?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Qui-Gon John

And the same way with those others you mentioned. Tracy almost always seemed to win "control" over certain aspects of last season's contest...as did Vicky (if memory serves correctly) a couple of seasons ago.

Michelle's smug looks after her confrontation with the green team at the vote were enough to turn off most people, I would think.

Robbie R

Stunt Coordinator
I am having a hard time picking a team to root for this season too. So far there are only teams that I don't like, Red Team and Green Team.

Is it just me or does the Pink team look like they ate the "Olsen Twins" ??
SAB Perhaps?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
"She says we got to lose 65 pounds?

That's like standing at the bottom of Mount Everest and looking up and it got 65 pounds on it."

Oh, man. The yellow team has GOT to make it back onto campus if they're going to give us deep thoughts like that! [/url]

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
At O'Neal's first workout...

"What the hell. You gotta be kidding me. There's got to be a competitive bone in each and every person in this house. And mine's just gonna have to be bigger and stronger."

This season just got tons better!

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
So, is the next new episode Feb 23rd? All they said was Tuesday night, after the Olympics.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I dunno, John. I missed that.

But..."ding dong, the witch is dead..."

Personally, I like the red line/instant elimination rather than the two below the yellow line...although I am intrigued by the contest for yellow line elimination rather than the vote. Interesting switch.

Matt_Vaudrin

Stunt Coordinator
Pretty sure there's no episodes until after the olympics end. They said "Tuesdays after the olympics", so I take to mean after they wrap up in late feb.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I'm wondering if Jillian misses any time with her trial going on in LA

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5juX5BP9Tmbt9byFi6BoBsFmNOBZw

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/entertainment/post/2010/02/biggest-loser-trainer-jillian-michaels-sued-for-diet-product-claims/1

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Well, everything we are seeing now, actually happened months ago. Also, in a case like that, she'd probably just have a short meeting or two with her attorneys, then they'd handle the rest. In my opinion, a suit like that is pretty baseless. Too many people are dumb enough to think such a thing will work, all by itself, and not put anything else into their weight loss. Weight loss is something everyone can achieve, but you have to really want it, not just be giving lip service, or what I call, "hoping to lose weight". And you have to make it your number one goal. This is from someone who lost 82 lbs. and never thought I could get my weight as low as I did, (until I took it seriously and made the tough changes).

I too was glad to see Melissa go. Of course, while I disliked her the most out of this group so far this season, she wasn't as bad as some of the other ones we already mentioned, Tracey, Vicky & Heba, especially. I was noticing Jillian's facial expressions after Melissa weighed-in and it seemed like puzzlement and perhaps trepidation. I'm wondering if she may be thinking that somehow, maybe Melissa did not do any game play, especially the second week where she only lost 1 lb, and did not have immunity, (only that Lance's weight was to count, but also, they knew one team could have the person whose weight counted, switched on them). This was the week Jill & Bob called Melissa out on this issue.

I just looked this up and it seems the Olympics goes until Feb. 28. Holy cow, that's a long frickin' time. So I guess that would mean Biggest Loser is skipping 2 weeks and returning on Tue. March 2nd. I had originally thought the Olympics was only like 10 days. Also, I always thought the Olympics was every 4 years, but I know Olympics was on in the summer of 2008.

I don't mind them using a challenge to determine who, below the yellow line, goes. But it does piss me off that we didn't see the result of that challenge. I prefer it when everything to do with one week is concluded, before another week begins.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Qui-Gon John

I don't mind them using a challenge to determine who, below the yellow line, goes. But it does piss me off that we didn't see the result of that challenge. I prefer it when everything to do with one week is concluded, before another week begins.
The "to be continued..." was odd. I figured they would just use the outcome at the beginning of the next episode and we'd see the "home progress" of the loser at the beginning of the show along with another one at the end of the episode. That's the sort of situation they create for themselves when they decide to lose more than one at a time.

I'm still unsure of the yellow line competition...but am excited to see how it works out. I'm more interested int he weight-loss aspect of the show than the "game play" elements that get worked in by the social aspect. But it might make the show really boring for much of the audience if they eliminated that aspect altogether.

Congratulations on your own weight-loss success John. I've dropped about 45 pounds myself over the past year. My wife and I have made wholesale changes to our lifestyles--eating habits, gym workouts, etc. While there are moments of frustration--it really hasn't been as hard a change as most fear. Education and practical results are the key.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Oh. And the whole "training with the olympians" thing couldn't have been more lame. I have never been more disinterested in an episode. Oooooh. We lit a torch. Who cares? Didn't mean anything to anybody--no matter how loudly you chant U-S-A.

Nothing more than a lame attempt of crossover promotion by NBC to promote the upcoming olympics coverage. And I don't think it helped the slightest bit.

If they had cut back on the olympic stuff (I was really curious if they used Zip-loc bags in the kitchens at the Olympic training center. I guess I'll never know. How could they leave me hanging like that?!?), we could have seen the outcome of the final contest with time to spare.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
And now the witch is back. Oh well.

It strikes me as funny how there haven't been very many comments at all on this show here this season.

I'd say that's because of the lack of drama. It seems like the producers tried to stir things up this week with Stephanie.

Personally, I'm thrilled by the lack of drama. It's nice that the young member of the blue team is getting her shot at life on the ranch. I doubt Melissa will be back for too much longer and then we can resume our silence...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks