What's new

The Big List of remaining high-profile music releases for 2001 (1 Viewer)

JasonK

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the info on the Fugazi album, Andy. FWIW, I've enjoyed all their albums, and I like Red Medicine quite a bit. My favorite CD is Repeater+3 Songs, though. I have the utmost respect for Fugazi, and look forward to the new album.
On a similar topic, I'd also recommend Fugazi fans try to find the Pailhead CD that Ian did with Al Jourgenson (of Ministry, RevCo, etc.) It's from 1988 (I think) and is worth a listen. I'm just curious as to how well-known that disc is.
And, I'd like to add to the list DJ Swamp - Never is Now. He worked with Beck for 4 years, and this is his solo project. It comes out some time this month, heck it may even be out today.

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
I edited the list with a massive number of additions, corrections and some clarifications. Enjoy.

paul h

Supporting Actor
Hmmm, maybe im the only one waiting for the new Frontline Assembly album!, though Everything Must Perish is the single not the new album. Album is called Epitaph and is due Oct 8th.
By the way the New Order album is superb!

Oct. 23(I think), Incubus - Morning View
I been able nab an advance copy of the album( Don't worry, I'm planning on purchasing the real thing )and I have to say it's very different from anything they've done before. Some might perceive it as "softer", however I think it's much more musically dynamic.
Any other Incubus fans here on the HTF?
WiGgLe
biggrin.gif

------------------
My DVD List

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
You forgot another great band's Greatest Hits collection comes out on November 13, and that is The Cure. Also there is a new VNV Nation album coming out during the fall. kb

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
Greg,
The new Garbage album, "Beautiful Garbage," is being released Oct. 2 in North America (Oct. 1 in the rest of the world).

paul h

Supporting Actor
Incubus are top, last album is superb...
VNV album due November, as regular cd and as a Ltd Edition Box!

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Thanks for mentioning the Orbital release, Greg. You've reminded me how mediocre it is
frown.gif

Unfortunately, I went out and picked it up, and I am less than impressed also. I got the 2 CD set with the remixes and previously unreleased material, and I was fairly disappointed. Though their version of Doctor? track on the album is interesting.
------------------
All progress is based upon a universal, innate desire on the part of every organism,
to live beyond it's income.
ITRCA ** Link Removed (sorry, car guy)

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Not really HIGH PROFILE, but the band that is quite possibly the best rock band in america SHINER will release their album EGG on October 23rd. Availble from Desoto Records.
Mmmmmmmmm, tastes like rock.
Vince
------------------
http://www.musicianassist.com
AIM: VinceMaskeeper
Interested in moving into FRONT PROJECTION with huge 6-10 foot widescreen? Buy my whole HDTV-ready CRT based front projection system delivered, cheap! Click here

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, tomorrow new Tori Amos, Curve, Diana Krall, and Ol' Dirty Bastard!!!!!!!!!! Gonna be expensive.
(ODB is a guilty pleasure of mine :) )

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
Updated again. Added new MJ, McCartney, etc. If I have any down time this week, I'll try to hit some sites to dig up some more release dates. Lately, I've only been hitting Amazon for release dates ... look for more updates later this week.
Also, from RollingStone.com:
New York City buzz band the Strokes' eagerly anticipated debut album, Is This It, has been pushed back from September 25th to October 9th, after the band decided to remove the song "New York City Cops" in the wake of last week's terrorist attacks in New York City.
[Edited last by Greg Yurkovic on September 22, 2001 at 02:38 PM]

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
Updated again. Tried to sort out the rest of the October releases. Some of the 23rd/30th dates are still tentative so for all of you Backstreet Boys fans, you'll just have to wait and see. :)
New Aphex Twin album has a date of 10/23, AFAIK.
Also, Amazon had this to say about the new Deluxe Edition remaster of Bob Marley's Exodus, which streets on 10/16:
In 1999, Exodus was rightfully voted the most important album of the 20th century by Time magazine. This is the visionary Bob Marley masterpiece, a concept album that distills the myriad experiences of both our daily lives and collective unconsciousness into 46 minutes of aural perfection. The deluxe CD reissue of Exodus has been flawlessly remastered from the original recordings and showcases what is probably the Wailers' tightest recorded performance. The initial notes of the album's opening track, "Natural Mystic," fade up from a deep silence, giving the listener the impression that the music generates from within a continuum of past, present, and future. The first half of Exodus bears witness to Marley's shift in focus away from the mundane problems of Babylon existence and toward a greater understanding of vital universal truths. The second half features songs like "Jamming" and "Waiting in Vain," which take a gently wistful look at the more interpersonal aspect of human relations. This deluxe edition offers a remastered and expanded version of the original album.

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
Updated. Notes:
1. I believe the CCR box was delayed to 11/6.
2. I heard the Pink Floyd Greatest Hits (Echoes) is just a simple repackaging and they screwed with the crossfading.
3. I don't know if the new Pearl Jam is a new official release or one of those budget interview discs.
4. I think the new Velvet Underground 3-disc live set is out, but I can't find it in stores.
5. The new Bob Marley -- Exodus Deluxe Edition set is
cool.gif

and finally and most importantly ... it appears that the new Backstreet Boys Greatest Hits has streeted so you can all run out now and get it. :)
[Edited last by Greg Yurkovic on October 31, 2001 at 07:43 PM]

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
Old-School Dropouts from The Connells may finally see the light of day on November 6.
I'm excited, anyway...
------------------
HTFsig.jpg

He obviously misinterpreted what it means to "be bullish."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks