1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Big Bang Theory - season 4 thread

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Patrick Sun, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

The Big Bang Theory moves to Thursday night's 8 p.m. EDT timeslot on CBS to go head-to-head with Community, My Generation, Vampire Diaries, and Bones. It might flourish against such competition.

2. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Well-Known Member

Malcolm
    I hope I remember to watch, I'm so used to the 9:30 timeslot (though I think it's a Season Pass on my Tivo). Can't believe CBS didn't switch this over the summer to "train" the audience to find the new timeslot.

3. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Well-Known Member

Good Start to the Season too bad its paired with a Pretty lame Shatner Sitcom. I Like Shat he could do better.

Wolowicz and the Robot Arm, (where's the Rest of it) lol...

4. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Well-Known Member

Malcolm
    Yep, pretty funny. Penny insisted on forcing Sheldon & Amy into conversation and she paid the price.

The bit with Howard was kind of predictable. What else could have happened with Howard and a robotic hand?

"What do you mean, it happened again?!?"

5. AlexF

AlexF Well-Known Member

Alex
    I'm just hoping that (looking well forward here) that the transporter gag ad is put onto the inevitable DVD series release.

6. mattCR

mattCR Well-Known Member
    HW Reviewer

Matt
    I thought the robot arm bit was kind of blah, but the Penny on a date with Sheldon and Amy... classic. It's good they finally went to what my wife and I were thinking w/r/t how Penny can break them up. That was great stuff.

Thoroughly enjoyed it.

7. Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel Well-Known Member

My reaction was very similar to Matt's - Howard's segment was predictable but still amusing. Penny, Sheldon, and Amy was the kind of humor I expect from the show and was the best part of the episode.

- Walter.

8. Peter McM

Peter McM Well-Known Member

Amy: "Cultural perceptions are subjective. Penny, to your mind, are you a slut?" [/url]

I'm just hoping that (looking well forward here) that the transporter gag ad is put onto the inevitable DVD series release.

[/quote]
    Someone should've told CBS ad execs that the transporter only sends objects through space--not time.

9. Scott-S

Scott-S Test Subject
    Supporter

Scott Sturdevant
    Did anyone else think the Picture Quality was terrible last night? The comercials looked fine, but the BBT looked really blurry and had a lot of compression.

10. Shane D

Shane D Well-Known Member

nope. i actually thougt it looked great cause last year i watched over the air, and the spinning titles and scene change bumpers always pixelated but this year im on digital cable and not a single pixelation and the rest of thes show looked fine. i did have a audio drop out once though.

11. mattCR

mattCR Well-Known Member
    HW Reviewer

Matt
    Our local CBS here in KC broadcast the 4:3 on HD And it did not look good. Annoying.

12. Nelson Au

Nelson Au Well-Known Member

I'm surprised they went down the road of the robot arm with Wolowicz. It was predictable, but surprising they went there. When they show the scene of him suddenly getting the idea, I was expecting the next scene would have shown something you didn't expect. But what they showed was what you expected.

Agreed the date was much better.

13. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Well-Known Member

John Williamson
    I of course loved the season opener, I say of course because I'm a sucker for this show and have a hard time be subjective about it lol.

Yeah, I saw the thing with Howard coming from a mile away but the outcome still made me laugh, especially the receptionist in the ER...

"Where's the rest of the robot?"

Howard:

"I only built the arm."

"Cuz that's all you needed, huh?"

Just FYI but are you guys aware that Kaley Cuoco broke her leg in a horse riding accident and will be out for some episodes? That really sucks.

14. Nelson Au

I did see the cast on Craig Ferguson the other night and they said Kaley wasn't there because of a broken leg. I looked up her story about the broken leg and one reports that they shut down production for a week. So we might see some repeats?

15. Inspector Hammer!

John Williamson
    Once the pain has abated and she can get around on crutches I don't see why they can't just write her injury into the show, like her and Leonard went skiing and she took a tumble or something.

16. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Well-Known Member

Joseph DeMartino
    Loved the opener. Of course you knew where they were going with the robotic hand the second you saw it, but I still liked the way it played out. (Especially with the ER nurse being the only one with the good sense to just turn off the computer.)

The best part about that bit of casting is that she is the only one on the show who is an actual scientist. Mayim went to collegel after Blossom and earned a Ph.D. in neuroscience from UCLA (although she has decided against pursuing an academic career at this point.)

Regards,

Joe

17. Lucia Duran

Lucia Duran Well-Known Member

Definitely enjoyed the craziness between Sheldon, Penny and Blossom (sorry couldn't remember character name). Hated the whole robot walowitz story. Just stupid. I hope BBT can get back on track with the boys and pull out some more good episodes.

18. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Just read that Katee Sackhoff will return to TBBT this season.

Here's info if you dare to learn why...

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/popwrap/exclusive_first_look_katee_sackhoff_KM27XtuCdnZNb8ZapaGPxO

19. Inspector Hammer!

John Williamson
    While I really enjoyed this episode I'm beginning to see that the show is starting to focus too much on Sheldon, I realize he won an Emmy and all that and I do love Sheldon but let's try to get a mix-up going and have some juicy air time for everyone else as well.

That said it was a great episode, I was waiting for Penny to push 'virtual Sheldon' down the stairs at the end.

20. Nelson Au

I thought that they may have focused on Sheldon a bit much last year! But they did do a whole arc with Penny and Leonard. And I'm disappointed they ended it.

I did like Penny's barb back at Rajesh.