What's new

The best subwoofer (1 Viewer)

SCcobra4me

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ryan
Which SVS subs are those in the picture above? I'm looking to get an SVS soon but which one is recommended for the 12", the box or the cylindrical sub? I will be aiming at the $600 one which is all I can afford.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
There is very little difference in performance when comparing the box subs to the cylinder subs. The cylinder subs are lighter and less expensive to ship, have a cloth covering and take up less floor space. The box subs are heavier and more expensive to ship, are available in different finishes, take up more space and cost more.

Looking at Douglas' profile, those are the 20-39 subs. He doesn't mention if they are the PC (standard driver) orthe PC+ (plus driver).

I'm currently building my 2nd and 3rd sonosub that will be using older SVS plus drivers. A sonosub is extremely easy to build even with a minimum of woodworking skill and tools. Plus you get to make them a little larger than an SVS. No, these aren't mine but they are 'famous' in the DIY sub world.

slinger12

Auditioning
Real Name
Andrew
SVS subs are great. I have had one for a while great sound zero problems. It's for sale too!

Drew

SCcobra4me

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ryan
So how would I acquire more info on your sub Drew without crossing boundaries of forum rules?

slinger12

Auditioning
Real Name
Andrew
It's a 2039 CS with Samson 700W (350W x 2) amp. If you found that you needed more bass you could pick up a second one and use the other channel in the amp. It's in great condition and sounds great. If you are interested I will take a pic for you. I need to get $400 for it. It cost me $1600 when I got it.

Drew

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks