What's new

The Best Burger Place EVER (1 Viewer)

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Well, their mascots on the website certainly shouldn't lose sales. Were there burgers there somewhere, maybe next to the hot blonde nurse? ;)

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Kind of off topic, but the best burger in the world has got to be in the Waldorf Astoria in Manhattan. Their restaurant called "The Bull and the Bear" has a $18 burger that might be the most delicious thing I have ever eaten, burger or not. Don't get me wrong, I am not just saying that because its expensive because I have had a $22 burger at The Beverly Hills Hotel that sucked big time. This Waldorf burger was just magical. I am a huge burger aficionado (who else would order a burger in fancy steakhouse) and I swear if anyone has the chance to try it, go for it! You won't regret it.
http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/i...ey=DINING#bull

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
About 8 years ago, I had a very good hamburger at a place called "Paul's Palace" on the lower east side of Manhattan. Haven't had a better since.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Anyone ever heard of a place called Back Yard Burgers? One's opening around here soon and I'd like to know what to expect.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
In-N-Out has gotten too "chainy" though. Last time I was in LA I ate at a couple suburban ones that weren't very good. I've never liked their fries either. But I'd still swear by the ones I've eaten at in Hollywood and LA proper.

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
Another vote for 5 Guys. Can't say they are the "best" since I've never eaten at most of the places mentioned above, but if you ever pass a 5 Guys.... Stop in !!!!

STARKILLER1138

Second Unit
Real Name
Lou
Gotta go with What-A-Burger. A double what-a-burger with cheese, toasted buns, and jalepenos. It's the only reason I miss Texas.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Fatburger, Whataburger, In-and-out...they're all about the same. And better than the other fast food alternatives. I don't have In-and-Out near me, but I'm going to hit the one in Las Vegas near the Thomas & Mack Center at UNLV in about 3 weeks.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
As to the ‘Whataburger’ type places, as far as I’m concerned, any place that can’t make a burger medium-rare (and of course it is pretty hard to impossible with a thin patty) is a waste of fat grams.

A great burger should contain a single, thick patty, made from good ground beef (preferable something like chuck). Of course preferences vary, but even those who like their beef medium-well (or shudder even well-done) ought to appreciate that a great burger place could prepare one to your preference.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation199
Recent bookmarks