What's new

The Beatles on DVD-A (1 Viewer)

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I love LOVE but...
I can't seem to get my mac to read it so I can rip it into Itunes.
I bought the double disc CD/DVD-A edition, so it's not like I've not paid for the music already. I hope it's not copy protected so I can't put it on my ipod.

Does anyone know?

Brian L

Senior HTF Member

No problems here. I had previously ripped it on a PC, and just having gotten a new Mac, I popped it in there, and it is importing as I type.

Brian

H

highexplosive906

HELP! I NEED SOMEBODY! HELP!

I bought the LOVE DVD-A, but my DVD player only plays it in PPCM 3/2.1

DVD Player is a LG LDA-731 (DVD-A compatible)
I am connected to my TV with HDMI and my Kenwood Amp with Optical.

I am given no menu choices when I insert the disc.
Normally my receiver auto detects the format being sent. In this case I just get digital sound through my 2 front speakers.

Ideas?

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
With most DVD-A capable players you must use the "multi-channel out" connection between your dvd player and receiver. DVD-A (and SACD) is not passed thru the digital connection like DD and DTS are. Also, some DVD-A players (namely a couple of Panasonics) are stereo only and not 5.1. Not sure about yours though since I couldn't find any info on it on the web.

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
If your player is like an LG I saw at Best Buy last year and which I also emailed LG about, that player has no multichannel analog outputs and only outputs dvd-audio via HDMI. But, the response I received wasn't very clear though and didn't say whether *multichannel* audio was also included.

The thing is, even if it did transmit 5.1 signals your Kenwood would have to include the decoder chip to handle audio (i.e. decode and amplify for the speakers) from the HDMI input and even now the majority of new receivers still don't do this - they only act as HDMI *source switches*.

btw: another LG player I messed with at BB (I think it was a diferent model, can't remember now) didn't have the option in its set up menu to play dvd-audio discs as dvd-video discs like every other dvd-a player I have dealt with. Having that useful option would allow you to access the 5.1 Dolby/DTS tracks and any other features on the dvd-v layer.

H

highexplosive906

Thanks. My amp is connected to the DVD player with Optical not HDMI. My amp does have the proper decoder chip.

Matt Fisher

Second Unit
Just got back from spending a few days in Vegas and got to see Love, absolutely loved the show and very highly recommend it to anyone, regardless of how big of a Beatles fan you are. The sound system is amazing, great video displays, and just an overall really fun experience, check it-

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks