What's new

The Apprentice season 4 (1 Viewer)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
While I do not really disagree with Randall's decision in the end I disagree with the way that he handled it. He really came off looking like a jerk and it taints everything he did before as being a big put on.

I also agree that Trump should have never put him in that position. He could have very easily have pulled Rebecca off to the side after the show and said he would like to go ahead and hire her.

Yahoo came off looking some some really big jerks too. They could have stood up and said something like "We understand that we asked Rebecca not to directly ask our clients for money and that was our fault." That major screw up on their part is really going leave a lot people with a bad taste in their months about Yahoo in general. If they are that shallow when it comes to making sure that their image (instead of the charity) is the most important thing then they could easily end up being the ones asking for donations to keep themselves out of bankruptcy.

All in all up until the final 2 minutes of this season of The Apprentice I enjoyed it and then it just went down in flames.

Parker

Matt Stieg

Stunt Coordinator

Let's be fair. We have the benefit of hindsight. The question took Randal (and us) by surprise and he simply didn't have time to think out a well-thought answer.

Trump tells you you've just won, you're excited, you're hugging all your friends, jumping up and down. Then, LIVE, in front of MILLIONS of viewers, Trump says "do you think I should hire the other person too." Randal probably just blurted out the first things that came into his mind without having a chance to sort the situation out.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Chuck, My wife also thinks Piscopo pulling out was done on purpose to see how she would handle adversity.

I have to disagree. My wife and I and a few people here were predicting that Trump would offer them both jobs. Trump even alluded to it earlier in the show when he asked them which job they would want...He said "That makes thing easier". Randal is a smart guy...He should have known something might be up.

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
From a financial view:

Trump Stumped

By Tim Beyers (TMF Mile High)
December 16, 2005

Billionaire businessman and publicity hound Donald Trump blew it last night. In the finale of season four of The Apprentice, his choice came down to two highly capable and motivated candidates: Chicago-based writer Rebecca Jarvis, and New Jersey native and management consultant Randal Pinkett. In the end, Trump chose Randal. And it was a huge mistake.

http://www.fool.com/News/mft/2005/mft05121621.htm

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
That article was pretty funny!

Good will is part of business too. Randal made himself look like a jerk on national TV -- he had the chance to do right by somebody at absolutely no cost to himself (and don't even TRY to convince me that magnanimously sharing the spotlight would have watered down his victory more than his ridiculous "apprentii" reasoning did), and blew it. If he had said that he didn't think she was ready, or something like that, I could have bought it, but his comments just sounded like runaway ego. I hope for his sake that it was just a matter of being caught off-guard and not a reflection of his true character.

On the other hand, I was glad to see that somebody finally taught Rebecca how to wear makeup. :) (BTW, 13 weeks on crutches for a broken ankle is NOT out of the ordinary -- my neighbor used them for 16 weeks when he broke his ankle, and I was once on crutches for 6 weeks just from a broken pinky toe!)

GordonL

Supporting Actor
Randal was on Regis this morning and said that he felt that the title of "The Apprentice" should go to only one person. Afterall, you don't see two finalists in sporting competitions sharing the title - there's only one winner. He also was not opposed to Trump hiring Rebecca and that he and Trump are discussing how they could make it happen. Regis did give him a hard time about "Apprentii". :)

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
But was it really 13 weeks? Most tasks only cover up to 3 days at the most, and I doubt they are just sitting around the other 4. Just wondering if anyone knows how much time they actually stayed there.

You do in those ABC family movies. :D

Trump is probably happy, this is the most anyone has talked about the Apprentice since season 1.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
I always assumed that the "13 weeks" referred to the 13 episodes aired, not the filming time. It seems like the time frames are very survivor like and the whole show could be filmed in 39-45 days.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
On Extra they said that Rebecca was offered a job at Yahoo, as well as Trump mentioning that he will probably still hire her. So she'll end up taken care of.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
The 13 weeks was a quote from several people in the show, including Trump.

Because of the way it went down, I think this issue is way overblown. It's not like Randal is denying Rebecca's ability to put food on the table. He just did not want to share a title. Rebecca will just fine financially.

I restate that I totally understand Randal's thinking. If I had his pedigree then I also would not want to be equated to some young punk journalist. I am glad that he still is sticking to his guns on Regis and Kelly days after he had time to reflect.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member

Yes as that is how it gets aired and the contestants can easily be told to say 13 weeks. I have a hard time believing that they were actually there that long. Anyway this is all just concerning the length of time it took Rebecca's ankle to heal. Slow work day. :D

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
I meant to ask about this earlier but it slipped my mind...when Rebecca came out to the final "board room" in front of everyone, I could've sworn I saw her move with a real bad limp. Did anyone else catch that or was I imagining it?

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I'm with Hunter.

1. Trump should not have put him in the position. He could have said "You are both hired"! But he didn't.

2. Randall was fine in how he responded. I do not think he came across as a jerk. That's just me.

I think Trump knew what the final answer was going to be from either candidate and decided to do it anyway knowing he'll get the ratings and gossip to go along with it. His show needed it.

Regarding the money issue, I do agree that the whole Yahoo thing came across as a big "Cheers to Yahoo" party and that Rebecca should have found creative ways to get money out of those people. Ultimately I think her lack of experience hurt her moreso than the event which was fairly well done.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks