What's new

The Apprentice Season 2 thread (1 Viewer)

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Looks like they will repeat the premiere on Sat. Night this week with extra footage since it's scheduled to air from 8-10PM.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
So far, pretty entertaining, though Bradford is a boob.

I do like Jennifer C from the onset.

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
Raj, the guy who seems to think he's in an F. Scott Fitzgerald novel, should be worth a few laughs. Or maybe he could go on to be Puffy's manservant if that other guy steps down.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I laughed the hardest when Raj was complaining about the name and how it wasn't manly enough. This coming from a guy in flaming red pants and a bowtie. :D

Season looks to be a good one. Can't wait to see that woman (lapsed on her name) that led the guys get those overly played out words.

Guess I have to tivo saturday's showing to get that extra 20 minutes in the boardroom.

And what was the deal with that lady with the magic eightball that started to flipout?

Am I the only one that thinks Trumps apartment is the gaudiest thing out there?

Stephen Heath

Stunt Coordinator
To me, even funnier than his rant about the name (which, IMO, I agree with, what kind of name is mosaic?) was him showing up to work with the cane. Does he want to be an apprentice or a pimp? :)

"Hey Donald, I got just the girl for you" :)

shaniceMW

Stunt Coordinator
she wasnt paranoid. she is just crazy. dang. why do we have to have another crazy b*tch. why cant we have a condi rice... well, not her. dang. you know what i mean. she crazy AND she a b*tch.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
When you think others are out to get you, or to freeze you out of the loop, that's paranoia. But that's not to say you can't be both paranoid AND right.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
Very solid opening. I liked the move to bigger projects working with big name companies rather than selling lemonade. Staci is a basket case.
If I were Trump, the decision would have been easy. I would have asked who came up with that incredibly stupid idea (Crustacean Nation ???), looked at them and said "You're Fired". Neither project was new and innovative, but the CN seemed like a cheap rip-off of other products.

The big mistake Mosaic made was not consulting with Mattel on the idea. Apex did that and changed ideas midstream, and got some good advice from people that know. Which is a good thing since Bradford's idea sucked worse than Crustacean Nation. Like The Donald said, they were too quick to make a decision.

Chris

Mike Slade

Second Unit
Seriously, when that guy said Crustacean Nation and showed his lame drawing, I thought for sure everyone would tell him it was stupid. But they jumped right on board. Worst idea ever.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Raj should be on Last Comic Standing. I loved it when he suggested the British ships as names.

Stacy is crazy.

Maria belongs on Star Trek.

I can't believe how bad the toy ideas were.

Didn't the contestants have introductions last year?

~T

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
What is it about Mark Burnett casting crazy black people to be on his shows? Between Survivor and just 2 seasons of The Apprentice, there's been about a dozen black people (mostly women) who appear to be mentally imbalanced.

I'm not calling Burnett out as a racist, but it really makes me scratch my head.

Jassen M. West

Supporting Actor
For those that think the toy ideas were bad, think of a totally new toy draw up plans, and make a working prototype by tomorrow for a focus group to play with/destroy.

The Crustacean Nation idea was poor though.

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
Finding a successor to Omarosa is a tall order for any casting director. Trump did mention that he had a role in the selection process (though the extent of his involvement wasn't fully disclosed); I don't think it would be fair to completely fault Mark Burnett for the inclusion of Stacie J.

There are times when the 'true' personality of an individual isn't revealed until he/she is in front of a camera, and there are other instances in which one's persona changes for the purpose of catering to the audience. Whatever the reason was for Stacie's dysfunctional behaviour, I found it off-putting (and not in a devious yet compelling manner as Omarosa's shenanigans).

shaniceMW

Stunt Coordinator
hanson, i have a problem as well with black women being used as comic relief. that's about all i will say about that though.

Andrew Pezzo

Second Unit
Even though I agree with who got fired that lady that was leading the mens team should be very worried. How in the hell can you go into to Mattel facing the execs, trying to pitch a product and make fun of the test group kids haircuts. I would have fired her right on the spot. Even the Mattel execs seemed uneasy about this.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
I was cracking up when Trump said to Raj: "what's the cane for??? You're a young guy! You have a good pair of legs!"...and Raj just picked the cane up looking surprised, LOL.

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
hanson, i have a problem as well with black women being used as comic relief. that's about all i will say about that though.

Does one's race, ethnicity or gender matter if one responds in a surprisingly unpredictable manner? Were Stacie and Raj brought into the cast strictly for Donald and the audience's amusement, or did they (Donald and the show's producer) think that each and every individual had a legitimate shot at becoming one of Donald's henchmen? Would Trump and/or Burnett deliberately waste one, perhaps two spots in the lineup for the purpose of prolonging audience interest? It's possible (as important as the prize is, there's still an entertainment criteria that needs to be met). With the possibility of Stacie being ousted as soon as next week's program, I think it would be a poor strategic move to employ someone of Stacie's mindset for a few cheap laughs over the course of a couple of weeks, when the show's expected to run a few months.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks