What's new

The Apprentice Ongoing Thread (1 Viewer)

Jack Fanning

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack Fanning

Yep, and if that's true, then you can add rudeness to Simmons' list. Is Troy's accent so out there that people are visibly shocked like that? I think not, most people have heard different accents and can digest 'em without being so rude.

I got a kick out of one of the castmates who commented on Troy's "southern" accent...as he's fond of saying, "I'm from Idaho, originally Montana" not exactly southern...hehehe.

Kachi Khatri

Second Unit
Real Name
Jay
Troy seems to be the only person in the new "Protege" team that may advance. Apart from his business skills, his personality may pull him through.

I hope next week we're in for another corporate shuffle. The headcount imbalance does affect in some ways.

"Versacorp" seems to have the edge but some re-tuning would be welcome.

Jacinto

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacinto
It was the Russell Simmons negotiation that had me wondering why everyone felt Jessie was by far the worst negotiator. In that first negotiation, Kwame and Omarosa were completely unable to negotiate anything, and as usual, it was Troy who stepped in to save their asses. Because of that negotiation, I was fully expecting the final three in the boardroom to be Jessie, Omarosa, and Kwame, not Heidi -- she seemed to do a very good job on this challenge.

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
I think Heidi is an obvious target most of the time so most people pull her into the Boardroom because of personal and not professional reasons. Omorosa may have been using the Survivor strategy of taking someone along that would not get fired in order to focus the decision on the person that she wanted to get fired. It would have been ballsy but she's been to the Boardroom enough to know how Trump works.

JamieD

Supporting Actor
Probably because Jessie talked to Isaac Mizrahi as though he were five, and after he called her on it, she kept doing it. It was brutal.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
I missed most of the episode, I just tuned in when the auction was ending.

I kind of gathered that the contestants met with celebrities before the auction and made suggestions? Can someone elaborate on this "mission"?

Tom Meyer

Second Unit
First, I was hoping Versacorp would lose so Tammie could be called out on all her incredibly stupid, unrealistic suggestions. Charter a plane and rent a chateau in France ? Go on an exotic vacation w/ Regis Philbin ? Good God. She's on crack and all her teammates realize it.

After last week, I had thought Jessie was an evil genius by setting up Kristi but it's now clear that she was just as stupid as Kristi was.

Unfortunately, I think Omarosa is going to hang around for a while, even with the ominous previews. Burnett's team usually doesn't foreshadow things that clearly.

BrianAe

Second Unit
I think this test actually did test the negotiation skills some, not that either team displayed much. Charity auctions are all about getting the celebs and getting them to pony up a good package. My friend was involved in a Celeb Chef auction in Chicago and it was all about getting them to donate special dinners for as many people as possible. The two examples from the show were the package was especially good was the Chef who donated a damn big dinner and the designer who included 8 pieces. I guarantee that he would have gone for less than half that if it was just a preview of his line. I also think that they could have squezzed more out of Carson Daley if they could have gotten him to do Dinner as part of the evening.

Anyway, I enjoyed the episode but feel it was definitly a blatent case of NBC pulling Trumps strings. I mean, the whole team thought Omarosa should go, his assistance thought she should go, and he just chewed her out.

Mitcheizik

Agent
I didn't understand why Jessie was fired because she did't stand up to Omarosa? Since Omarosa was the project manager I feel that the project manager is the so called boss. In the real world if your Boss says something that is not all that flareting and you tell your boss that you don't like his/her attidue toward you most people would then be fired by that boss. So I think Jessie was just trying to be diplomatic which alot of us have to be with our bosses. Omarosa will never win this contest anyway. Remember how Trump said how mean she has been to her fellow team members and she denied it and he told her no I know how you are. Do you think he would want someone that cannot work with others without an attitude. I don't think so.

Brian-W

Screenwriter

Too obvious, and having Omarosa around creates friction which = entertainment. There wasn't enough friction surrounding Jessie which means she's boring for the show.

Everyone loves to watch a trainwreck.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I have to disagree. I don't paticularly care for Omarosa, but as I said before, she does seem to be playing things correctly. She certainly has no dearth of confidence which we know that Trump likes. She doesn't make any apologies for whatever may happen out of her favor, which is also good. She is definately an alpha. It was cringe inducing to me seeing Jessie plead for herself before Trump annouced his decision, I just was praying for her to shut up. Wouldn't have changed her being fired, but it would have let her save a bit of face. Anyone catch in her final comments how she called Elizabeth Glazier "Elizabeth Glacier"

The whole thing with Trump keeping on Heidi to admit she didn't like Omarosa was kind of weird. It reminded me of the episode of Seinfeld where Jerry's mother kept saying "How could anyone not like him?" but in bizzaro world.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, Omarosa couldn't pronounce Mizrahi's name either. she kept on pronouncing it "mizerahi".

Can't wait for Tammy to get the boot, she's totally delusional with no firm footing in the real world.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Pretty good episode again.

I really didn't see why Katrina flipped out at Troy. Maybe I missed something but I thought his note for her was pretty tongue-in-cheak. "I want what you want."

Omarosa needs a reality check. I wish someone would have caught her outside playing basketball after she said she was too hurt to work. :rolleyes:

Katrina sure turned on the bitch in the boardroom. But since Amy switched teams, she is now the only person that has yet to be on a losing team and be in the boardroom. I wish that her team did end up losing just so Omarosa would get fired, which she most likely would have this time.

Dillusional Tammy was fired instead because she told the truth. But she really wasn't much help anyway for the team and was bringing them all down.

Next week looks interesting. Selling Trump water. :D

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter

It was more than just the note. Troy had no clue, and instead decided to eavesdrop on Katrina's conversation to find out what she wanted. Then instead of negotiating, he tried to "tongue-in-cheek" his why around it, with the attitude of "oh you're just a silly little girl". His comment about her acting like a 3rd grader were pretty funny considering he was acting worse than a kindergartener. The only thing that could have made him look worse would have been to insist on rock-paper-scissors instead of flipping a coin :rolleyes

And Tammy did not tell the truth. Katrina was never duped, she was just up against a little child who instead of negotiating, insisted on giggling and smiling as if he was going to charm the "little lady".

And for the record, I think that women that rented Protege's apartment was a plant. It was just too convienient that she waltzed in there with 15 min. to go saying she had looked around alot and was ready to rent anything, for (seemingly) any price.

EDIT: And the picking someone from the other team just plain out sucked and was stupid.

Chris

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Tammy was on another planet for most of this show.

I like Amy the most, hope she goes far. Too bad her team will have to lose for Omarosa to get the boot, can't stand Omarosa.

Troy's got too much shyster in him for the Donald to trust him to run a company. They should have just flipped the coin at the start and be done with the whole "negotiating" aspect of the selection of the 2 places. Katrina was just mad because she didn't think of what Troy wrote on his piece of paper.

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
Where was the whole hand point?

Elaboration: Trump's trademark firing by pointing his whole hand at you and saying,"Your Fired"

Jacinto

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacinto
Okay, so last week, Jessie got the axe for being loyal to the team leader (Omarosa) and not saying anything bad about her. This week, Tammy gets the axe for being disloyal to the team leader and saying bad things about her her. :confused: I honestly think the right choice was made both times, but Trump's rationale behind these last two firings has me a bit confused.

Jack Fanning

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack Fanning
I must really be slow, because I fail to understand what was so despicable, dishonest and unethical about Troy's behavior? I just don't get it...

I agree with this...soon as it happened I thought, "well the producers sent this one in there"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks