What's new

The Apprentice Ongoing Thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The women offered some percentage over cost on the Big Bertha, stressing that the vendor was making money, while cutting them a deal. That was better than the men going the route of "If we bought a lot of stuff in the past, we'd get a break on the price, thus, there is a little room to move on the asking price." which smacked of entitlement by the men.

PeteyG

Stunt Coordinator

There was a shot of one of the girls asking the guy at the store - "how about cost + 10%", and then he agreed and said "OK, $300" (something to that affect).

Obviously these shows are ridiculously edited both for time but more importantly entertainment factor. My point was on the places the guys went to. Even if they were the best negotiators in the world, they wouldn't have gotten any big discounts at the spa and golf store. Some places just don't negotiate.

Pete

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Ok, I guess I did not catch that, thanks!
Still, I find it hard to believe that even if the men went to that same store with that same proposal they would have gotten the same result.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I couldn't believe the guys went to a Spa in the building! Their must be 100's of small stores like the one the girls went to. And yes, I was waiting for Sam to jump across the table and attack Trump and co.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Well i just watched it after missing it last night (thought it was going to be on at 9:00)...

Not much to say other than what you guys said... I had high hopes for sam grabbing the reins, but he just couldn't do it.

The gold, that was a mistake tryin to get a low price on that. Kwame, Nick and Bowie was on the right track gettin the stuff in China town before Sam made the critical error of getting them to get the gold.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Just saw a promo moving the show to Thurs at 8 (central) after Friends and Will and Grace.

No word on Scrubs yet.....:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: towards you NBC

What happens to the Wed slot? Reruns?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Gah, the Donald didn't want to go up against American Idol results show on Wednesdays, so this is probably why The Apprentice is moving to Thursday at 9 p.m. EST (and would seem to be going up against CSI, and not Survivor on CBS).

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
ARgh... I guess I'll have to record the show when it reairs on CNBC, since I don't have TIVO, and I like to watch CSI.

Brian

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
They really have to stop moving the frigging show around! :angry:

Anyway, back to the show...boy, was Sam creepy when he got fired or what? :laugh:
He did look like the guy from Full Metal Jacket, lol.

Looks like I'm gonna be a happy guy next week. Someone is finally going to tell the women to STOP using their sex appeal to win challenges! Very professional girls...just keep behaving like whores and you'll get far in the business world.

PS: Someone please kick Omarosa in the head.

Brian-W

Screenwriter
What I didn't understand about the rules for the last episode was:

1) Did they have to merely negotiate a dealer down and save money?

-or-

2) Was it merely finding the cheapest price?

I would assume it was #1, because the whole point was negotiation, not bargain hunting. But the show wasn't clear with the rules.

Sam's an f'ing idiot. A great team leader listens to his team members. Instead he was little Napoleon, dictating all the instructions. If I was Trump, I'd have fired him two more times for fun.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I was happy to see Sam go. Every time he kept talking on and on with his pointless directions and lame football references (did he ever play football anyway? he looks like he's 5 feet tall) I thought of when Kramer in "Seinfeld" had his office job, and was told "It's almost as if you have no formal business training at all." :)

And what was that thing in the beginning of the episode, where he sat by the front door waiting to be greeted? He said something about that he was always greeted when he went to see his parents. Uh, yeah, OK. What does that have to do with this?

Someone in the boardroom summed up what we've been shown pretty well: Sam is not a good follower, and he's a terrible leader. How about that totally unnecessary and lengthy conversation about why he refused to give the road crew the phone number to the store? I'm sure he thought he was being very clever and leader-like...

And yes, the look when he got fired was creepy... I actually thought they had frozen the picture or something, the way he was staring.

Sam's post-firing comments were just hilarious... he said that maybe in retrospect, Trump's shaking his hand and talking to him during the challenge was a signal that he wanted Sam to take charge and win this thing, otherwise he'd be out. Well, DUH, that's pretty much what Trump TOLD him during the meeting. :D Very perceptive, that Sam...

The negotiations they showed us by both teams weren't impressive. The only one that seemed like an actually negotiation was the women's golf club purchase.

The fight between Katrina (?) and Omarosa was interesting. Yes, Omarosa is annoying, but in that argument, she wasn't even really arguing. Katrina did most of that herself. When she said "I'll be a great business woman" and Omarosa said "You ARE a great business woman", that seemed to almost make her more angry. I didn't really understand why she kept going on and on.

I hope they'll keep it at Thursdays at 9/8, that's a perfect time for me. :)

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
MickeS, I love EVERYTHING about your post, echoes my ideas perfectly!!

Actually I missed the show last week, but caught the last 45mins of the rerun Wednesday night. absolutely hilarious!! Can't wait for the new one tonight!

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Radio around me keeps laughing about how all the women are 6 feet tall and look like models.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Another week, Another embarrassment for the men. The two teams are given an assignment to run Planet Hollywood for a day. The women immediately invoke Hooters as their Business model. They push shooters and do some good business. The men struggle and come up with an idea to have "Kwame Jackson" autograph balls with the idea that people would think he was a famous athlete, although all they said was "He was a New Yorker who works on Wall Street. The red head guy, played up disgust with this idea after talking about how he was pissed that Sam was fired. In the end the women won, as usual, but got a mild warning about using sexuality to win. In the end, Bowie was fired.

Preview Spoiler

Looks like next week, Trump will mix up the two team with men and women. There is something to suggest that there will be turn of events that significantly surprises Trump

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Interesting Will, where did you hear that spoiler?

I've always thought the drawing of the men-women teams was unfair.

James Gumbart

Stunt Coordinator

It was in the preview.

And the teams were always unfair; the women don't have talent as much as they have breasts.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Interesting episode. I'm glad the women got 'called' out on their use of sex to sell everything. I loved the look that Trumps right hand woman (I can never remember her name) gave when Troy slipped in "how the women use sex to sell." She knew that they would run and tell the guys that they were 'talked to' about that.

Can't wait for next week when they mix it up. This is how it should have been from the beginning IMO, but now the women outnumber the men 2:1.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The other thing about the show that bothers me is the manipulativeness that happens because the final decision rest with the Donald, so he can string along the more "TV-genic" meltdowns like he did with Sam.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Definately the biggest mistake as far as I'm concerned. We all know Trump likes the ladies, but the teams should have been mixed up. Hopefully next season they will do it differently. I was a bit dissapointed that the warnings that were given to the women were so mild. I was hoping it would be more intense. The were definately pushing things with the shooters and were even warned of that by the restaurant manager. That turned out to be more interesting.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
At least on Survivor, when there was a disparity in team members, they'd even the disparity by sitting out some of the members on the team with more members.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks