What's new

The Apprentice 6: Los Angeles (1 Viewer)

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Didn't see a thread on this so let's get one going.

Starts this Sunday, Jan 7 @ 9:30PM EST I believe.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
So far it is about average with the old seasons. Nice change of beauty shots though. Only so many ways to show the Statue of Liberty and some sky scrapers.

They really put the hurt on them with the tents. It wouldn't be so bad if they at least put up some lights or lanterns but it didn't look like they even got that.

I liked that the winning project manager gets to remain project manager. That could end up with some interesting results later on.

I didn't like that the winning PM got to go into the boardroom and basically act like they've already been chosen as the apprentice. It makes no sense since she didn't get to see what the other team did and have no insight except to say 'this is how we did it.' To make it even worse, she got to do the final 'you had no choice, Trump, but it was a good one' quip after the firing.

No one is sticking out yet as a favorite yet.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I liked it. Somewhat of a refreshing change from the same old NY theme. I thought the last couple seasons kinda sucked so I'm hoping this one is a little more entertaining.

NolanJ

Second Unit
I'm glad Martin left... he tried manipulating his team into keeping a weaker player instead of working hard and having a little bit of integrity.

Don't let the door hit ya on your way out!

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
I liked the changes to the show, except for the tent. A bit too gimmicky. And Trump's overdubbing wasn't as bad as in previous seasons (although that opening with his wife and baby was horrifying. Melania is an even worse actress than Trump).

But with the show coming in third in the timeslot, will this be another show that gets cancelled quick?

todd s

Senior HTF Member
For such smart people...They are very dumb. Rule #1 of the boardroom. If Trump is ripping into the other person.....SHUT THE HELL UP! Don't say anything unless he asks and then be short and specific. I can't tell you how many contestants got booted because they opened their mouths and said something stupid..thus taking the heat of the other person and having him focus on them. :rolleyes

Although, my wife liked Ivanka. I would love someone who gets fired to rip her and say bust her about how she got her job. :)

Finally, I would love for them to have some regular people on the show. Someone who did not start an internet company or graduate from a ivy league school. Just a regular hard working stiff. And see how they do when given an opportunity.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Welcome to The Apprentice, The Survivor Edition.

I was on the floor laughing when she came out.

My wife was asking "why would you be on a show like this when you have the credentials they were listing"

This season looks to be entertaining.

Bob Turnbull

Supporting Actor
Exactly the strategy the other guy who was pulled into the final boardroom used (Frank?). After not saying a single word (that we saw), he was rewarded by being sent out - because it was obviously going to be one of the other two.

The comparison to Survivor is now apt...I'm not keen on the addtions as they suddenly create "strategies" that each "player" is going to use. That's fine on Survivor, but this show's strength (if I can say that about a Trump show) has always been seeing how people get creative or miss opportunities in the challenges. That and casting loonies like Martin...:)

My willingness to stay with the show depends on Trump. If he ramps up the self-aggrandizing any more, keeps spouting black and white statements and has anymore "Hi Honey I'm home!" moments, I'm gone...

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
It was ok. I agree that the tent thing is too much of a gimmick. But I was glad to see a non-product placement task for once.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

I too was on the floor during that whole opening. First when he was talking to her in the limo and then when she came out to greet him. It was so damn awkward and ridiculous that you couln't help but laugh. :D

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

And did you notice that phony baby audio they used? When he is on the phone? Was it meant to be so campy?

Tarkin The Ewok

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brandon
I enjoyed the premiere, but I'm looking forward to the regular hour-length shows. 90 minutes just felt a little bloated.

One part of the show that I consistently enjoy is seeing the interview clips of the contestants and trying to figure out how far removed from reality their views are. In Martin's case, that disconnect is quite large. :)

One of the contestants is from my area this season, so the show has an added element of interest.

Obviously, the show will ramp up the scope of the tasks throughout the season. Trump couldn't even use the word "billion" in his description of the car wash industry.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
At first I thought Trump was speaking to his assistant or something and then I heard the baby audio. I thought I was hearing things and then the dreaded: "Honey, I'm home".
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
How bad was that? Or Melania walking alongside Trump, with the baby in her arms and staring straight into the camera, looking all tough? LOL. Can't believe Burnette would aprove such corny shots.

Anyway, I was sad to see Martin go, not because he was competent but because he could've been one of those entertaining characters you'd love to hate.

Frank looses his cool way to easily and I don't see him going too far.

Ivanka has a nice rack! :D

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
I was just laughing at the winning team that got the house - how they were all laughing at the losers in the tents. Haven't they seen this game before? - no team wins all of the challenges... - So live it up now, for tomorrow that will be you in the tents...

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I thought Trump wanted to and was going to fire Frank, but got talked out of it by Ivanka. I thought Frank deserved to go. His leadership is what cost his team, not Martin's poor salesmanship. They had almost no cars there to wash and most of the team was being unused at times. They had no good signs and when they came back from the printer with flyers they were lame. All bad managment decisions.

As for the tents I thought that was a bad idea. Servants quarters or something else spartan would have been better. I also don't like the winning PM in the BR.

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
I loved the shit eating grin on Frank's face when Martin was fired and he even said "He said you're fired." LOL

Did anyone else laugh out loud when Heidi said they were in a "Homosexual Area"?

Bob Turnbull

Supporting Actor
That's the best reaction I've seen yet from someone who escaped the Boardroom.

Then there was the one woman on the losing team who equated their tents and facilities to the third world...:eek: Please, a little perspective here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks