What's new

The Amazon Gold Box (1 Viewer)

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Hmm. Instead of the usual 5, I only got 2 offers in the box today, and my wife only 1. Looks like they are cutting back?

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
The gold box has really really sucked lately. Nothing but silverware, pots & pans, plates, and a metal detector. I don't need any kitchen junk!

John*Jones

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I had problems getting it, but I must say I am impressed. I haven't bought much from Amazon, but my gold box is full of either electronic equipment or dvds. Thank God I haven't had some of the lame boxes people have posted. At first I didn't see the box, but after deleting my amazon cookies and setting my browser to not accept cookies, it shows up. Anyway, I love this option and I hope it stays.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Daily-Gold-Box-O-Goodies:
  • Garmin GPS V $312.35
  • Motorola External Cable Modem (SB4200) $89.99
  • Koss SportaPro Collapsible Stereophone with Carry Case $26.99
  • Olympus B-50SU 4 AA Ni-MH Batteries and Charger $35.99
  • Archos Jukebox Studio 10 GB MP3 Player/Hard Drive 500294 $195.46
Electronic stuff this time. Next time, patio furniture.
What?

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
I'm finally getting my Gold Box again. I've seen it twice in the last two days. The only DVD I was offerred was The Matrix for 14.99. Everything else has been electronics, with nothing under $100. I wouldn't mind getting something I'd actually like to purchase eventually.

Scott Dautel

Second Unit
Damn John ... you're killin' me! I have been shopping my brains out for a good deal on the Garmin GPS V for weeks. The best I've found is $370 delivered (gpscity.com and tvnav.com). I'm headed for my gold box today to check ... please, oh please, oh please.
Edit (2 min later): F*%#! You get the Garmin GPS V ... I get a cheese grater. :angry:
Hmmm ... sale price today at Amazon is $355.00 (free shipping)

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
My Gold Box blows! I've purchased numerous DVDs and some electronics from Amazon and I have yet to have anything similiar offered. Kitchen crap over and over and over:angry:
AMAZON... my nose hairs are waiting ;)

JamieD

Supporting Actor
I was just offered the GPS as well, for what torture it may be, Scott.. meanwhile, I'd love to be offered the Memento SE. Dang it.
:frowning:

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Sorry Scott, had I known I would've bought it for you right then & there. Now watch and you'll end up getting the DVD specials that I've been searching for everytime I go to "El Box de Gold".
Speaking of, here's today's specials, hot off the grill:
  • Olympus 128MB SmartMedia Card $62.99
  • SONICblue Rio 600 32 MB Digital Audio Player (MP3/WMA) [MP3 AUDIO] $89.95
  • Handspring Visor Prism $255.46
  • Linksys WAP11 Instant Wireless Network Access Point $106.56
  • Viking CF256M 256 MB Compact Flash Card $64.27

Scott Dautel

Second Unit
Thanks for thinking of me John. Next DVD special I get in el Boxo d'oro, I'll e-mail you right away. Already snagged Memento LE for $6.30 (at the start of this thread).

Scott

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Well, for the first time since they started it, the Gold Box disappeared today on both my account and my wife's. I deleted cookies (something that's very easy to do since we're using the Guard-IE pop-up window killer, which also gives you easy control over cookies). That did the trick - the Box reappeared.

I must say that I agonized before passing on the additional 40-cent discount on a Stainless Steel Egg Wedger - what a deal! And the Panasonic Nose & Hair Groomer is always inticing. That's the kind of stuff I almost always get in my Gold Box. My wife's account often gets computer hardware, MP3 players, cameras, etc.

In fairness, we have gotten a couple of the good DVD offers: Chocolat for $4.50, Memento:LE for $6.29. But they are certainly few and far between.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Once more, into the breach!
  • Canon EOS Rebel 2000 35mm SLR Camera Kit w/ 28-80mm Lens $279.99
  • Black Hawk Down $14.54
  • Jensen JF25 Stereo Headphones $17.99
  • Archos Jukebox 10 GB MP3 Player/Recorder/Hard Drive 500297 $224.95*
  • Microsoft B75-00057 Intellimouse Explorer $39.55
Ooh ooh! A DVD! Wait - there's a SE coming out of this one, right? That's what made me skip it, anyhow. So, I'm a little picky. What I -really- want is that deal on the Memento LE. As far as the *: I think I've already been offered this one. Hmph.

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
I just got offered Black Hawk Down for $14.54. I was holding out for the SE later this year, but now it's postponed until 2003. Should I go ahead and get this version?

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
Todays "Gold Box Goodness" brought forth:

1. Apple kitchen timer (not from the computer company, it looks like an red apple)
2. Cheese grater (reg. $12.99, now 10% off!)
3. A Dirt Devil hand vac (my best gold box item to date)
4. A collection of six, yes six charms that hang off wine glasses
5. A kitchen knife of some sort

One of my co-workers GB:

1. Linksys Wireless Network Access Point
2. 10GB MP3 Jukebox (sold out)
3. Blackhawk Down DVD for $14
4. Viking 256MB Compact Flash Card for $58.75

I had him purchase the Compact Flash card for my digital camera. Very nice price. Now if only Amazon would stop offering me all the "Martha Stewart" CRAP!!!

It has become a morning tradition for a few of my coworkers to check our boxes together. Pool your resources!

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
I have never, never been given the Gold Box, and I surf Amazon almost daily. What do you have to do to get this thing to show!?! :confused:
-Lyle J.P.

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
Lyle,

You have to purchase at least one thing from them to get the gold box offers. But you should still at least see the gold box in your upper right corner on amazon's site. If you don't, it might be your browser. For a while, I could see it on my mac (IE 5) but not my PC (IE 6). Now, I see it on my PC and not my mac...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks