What's new

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Scheduled for May 2, 2014! (1 Viewer)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Bryan^H said:
3 Villains makes me uncomfortable. If for any other reason than Spiderman 3 had that # and I hated that movie with a passion. Of course Superman 2 had three baddies, and that is one of my favorite comic book movies ever, so I guess it all depends on the story.
Yep. It all does depend on the story and execution, not an arbitrary number of a certain character type. The Dark Knight had Joker, Two Face, Scarecrow, and Maroni. The number of villains is irrelevant. The quality of the story and story telling is everything. Spider-Man 3 sucked because it sucked. Dancing Emo Peter.... Shudder.

swoosherst

Auditioning
Real Name
Jess
Spiderman is always a fun movie to watch.. either way there's no way out of it since my nephew is already begging to go see it when it comes out.
Got my spidey tshirt from here and ready to rock it at the theaters on May 2nd :3dglasses:

Freddie Z

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Freddie Zaragoza
With a million clips and trailers of this movie out on the internet, why bother seeing this at all in the theater? Proof this is going to suck? Just watch this clip:

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
You know the deal, haters gonna hate. But I think this looks great (and I can't wait). Final trailer

Freddie Z

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Freddie Zaragoza
Some quotes from early reviews:
"The swiftly delivered “The Amazing Spider-Man 2” finds no solution to that redundancy, but it acrobatically spins enough sound and fury to distract from the issue” - Variety
"his gangly diffidence has been replaced by slick, in-action patter, and even his trendily quiffed hair stands a little taller — with little development in between.” - Variety
"The plot gets itself tangled up in multiple villain strands” - The Hollywood Reporter
"Marc Webb, returning after the last instalment, again shows a better feel for the relationships than he does for juggling all the overlapping story elements.” - The Telegraph
"The film, like the original, feels very haphazardly structured, a hotchpotch collection of scenes rather than a unified whole.” - The Playlist
"The result is a film that kicks off the summer blockbuster season with a resounding thud.” - The Playlist
"there’s also an obvious pressure to rapidly expand the Spider-Man universe that threatens to derail the entire film.” IGN
"There’s a lot going on in Amazing Spider-Man 2, and sadly it doesn’t always come together. “ - IGN
"The villains of Amazing Spider-Man 2 disappoint in this overcrowded superhero sequel” - IGN
"Amazing Spider-Man 2 seems more like an exercise in calculated franchise architecture than its does a cohesive stand-alone blockbuster.” - Digital Spy

RT currently at 88% but will go down quick. Metacritic at 58%. Yup, as I predicted, this film sucks.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
FoxyMulder said:
Looks like a big improvement on the first one.
That was my thought seeing the final trailer, but after hearing the initial reviews, I'm skeptical again. 'Hotchpotch' ?!!

I think it's sad as a Spider-Man fan that I'm more excited about getting to see Winter Soldier than I am for this one...... I don't even bother to watch the first one when I notice it's on cable.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
There are plenty of positive reviews on Twitter and Facebook from folks who have seen the movie. I think a wait-and-see attitude is in order.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
KevinGress said:
That was my thought seeing the final trailer, but after hearing the initial reviews, I'm skeptical again. 'Hotchpotch' ?!!
I'm guessing that's the adjective form of "Hodgepodge".
Like when Spidey3 was basically three films from three arguing authorities: Raimi wanted to work his way chronologically up the villains to Sandman (and now bring in a "contemporary" PC backstory to justify plain ol' 60's Silver-age bank robbers), the Studio wanted to keep the darn Osborne & Son saga going so that we'd know it was a franchise sequel, and the fans just kept hounding about when Venom would show up.

Here, it's like they tried to jam three villains in all by themselves, and good luck to 'em. Still conjuring up bad Joel Schumacher flashbacks on how they're handling Electro's origin, though.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Well, if you actually read The Hollywood Reporter review it is actually pretty positive. You'd never know it from that quote. I was surprised to see the quotes with such a negative slant since I read the review very early this morning and it sounded like it was good. That said, I am nervous that they are filling it with too many villains or references to villains. By the way, don't read the THR review, if you want to avoid spoilers.

Freddie Z

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Freddie Zaragoza
And another reason not to see this crap? Sony and Fox have made an agreement to insert an X-Men trailer (Advertisement) during the mid-credits of TASM2!!!! Yup, due to Marc Webb's contractual obligations, Fox allowed Webb to work for Sony if they allowed the ad to be inserted. So the uninformed will think Spidey is gonna be part of some sort of team up!So I really liked Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2. It felt like Raimi cared about comics. Spider-Man 3, TASM and now TASM2,3,4 and Sinister Six all feel like studio controlled crap. This move by Sony and Fox just confirms it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks