1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Scheduled for May 2, 2014!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by oscar_merkx, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan

Sean
    I thought this makes a twistedly funny picture. image.jpg

Stephen Brooks likes this.
  2. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan

Sean
    Some interesting news on the Spidey front:Sony has announced release dates for The Amazing Spider-Man 3 AND 4!The third installment will hit theaters June 10, 2016The fourth episode will hit theaters May 4, 2018http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/177547-sony-sets-release-dates-for-3rd-and-4th-spider-man-filmsSony must be feeling pretty confident with what Webb is crafting with Part 2 to already be planing for Part 4Also, Mary Jane Watson will not be appearing in TASM 2. Webb has stated that a decision was made to move the first appearance of the character to TASM3. The role in TASM2 was very small, as Shailene Woodley had only filmed for a few days for just a few scenes. But this certainly raises the possibility of a recast if she won't be available when the are shooting 3. http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/177605-mary-jane-wont-appear-in-the-amazing-spider-man-2-role-pushed-to-third-film image.jpg

3. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Producer

Sam Favate
    The plot thickens! Rumor is she has been recast:
    http://www.blastr.com/2013-6-21/rumor-day-mary-jane-replacement-already-cast-amazing-spidey-2

4. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan

Sean
    Nah, I'm taking what Webb has said at face value. He decided to streamline things and save MJ for part 3. And he'd still hope to use Woodley if she's available. Then there's this:
    And this from Sarah Gadon directly:

5. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan

Sean
    I love that they are doing so much practical stunt work for Spidey! image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Thought these were nice too image.jpg image.jpg

6. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder 映画ファン

Malcolm
    Do you think he can keep his identity a secret this time around and stop revealing himself to everyone he tries to save!

7. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan

Sean
    Some new official pictures from Entertainment Weekly, including the first look at Electro with post production effects applied to the makeup. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg The new Spidey suit looks really fantastic. I don't think there's ever been better incarnation. Electro looks pretty cool. I've never been a fan of the yellow and green tights with the ridiculous "star" lightening bolt mask. But no doubt some comic fans will be upset that he doesn't have a starfish on his face. But they're pulling pretty clearly from the look in the Ultimate comics.

8. Robert Smith1

Robert Smith
    In "The Amazing Spider-Man 2," for Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield), life is busy – between taking out the bad guys as Spider-Man and spending time with the person he loves, Gwen (Emma Stone), high school graduation can't come quickly enough. Peter hasn't forgotten about the promise he made to Gwen's father to protect her by staying away – but that's a promise he just can't keep. Things will change for Peter when a new villain, Electro (Jamie Foxx), emerges, an old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), returns, and Peter uncovers new clues about his past. an very much interesting story i am eagerly waiting for release.

9. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan

Sean
  10. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan

Sean
    Hans Zimmer will be scoring
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=83727I loved James Horner's score. At least I thought the main theme and the quieter/romantic themes were fantastic. The score in some of the other scenes was fine for me, but I can see how some may not have liked a few of those cues (like when he dunked the basketball and when he was chased by the thugs through the alley). But overall, I think it was one of my favorite superhero scores along with Thor. But I really liked Hans Zimmer's Batman Begins and Dark Knight scores. I loved his Inception score. I also really liked his new Superman theme, though the overall soundtrack wasn't as memorable as the main theme was.I'm hoping that he'll at least keep Horner's two main themes from The Amazing Spider-Man. image.jpg image.jpg

11. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan

Sean
  12. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

13. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

14. mattCR

mattCR Executive Producer
    HW Reviewer

Matt
    Fist official trailer

15. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan

Sean
    Looks cool. They're definitely drawing heavily from the Ultimates, especially with the Rhino mech suit and the "goblin"

16. Freddie Z

Freddie Z Stunt Coordinator

Freddie Zaragoza
    Hmmmm. Lots of villains. Is Spidey actually in this movie? Seems like another Spider-Man 3 studio controlled movie to me. Hated the first so will pass.

FoxyMulder likes this.
  17. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan

Sean
    image.jpg

18. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan

Sean
  19. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan

Sean
    http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movies/spider-man-spinoffs-venom-sinister-six-to-get-movie-treatment/#/0

20. Bryan^H

Bryan^H Producer

3 Villains makes me uncomfortable. If for any other reason than Spiderman 3 had that # and I hated that movie with a passion.
    Of course Superman 2 had three baddies, and that is one of my favorite comic book movies ever, so I guess it all depends on the story.