What's new

The Amazing Race Thread (1 Viewer)

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I've been enjoying these reruns quite a bit. I missed the first few seasons. I was very glad that the two buddies pulled out a win, even though they were on the other folk's home turf.

I wonder if they made those guys in Alaska finish?

Ric

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
The first season was all one-hour chunks, but my TiVo has some two-hour episodes scheduled for the second season that apparently aren't going to be split across separate nights. Those are scheduled on Sunday the 31st and Wednesday the 3rd.

Brad

Jeff*S*C*

Second Unit
Now, I missed the first 3 episodes and maybe I forgot something but when did Rob and Brennan ever play "dirty"? Were Frank and Margarita just scared or what.

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
Those are scheduled on Sunday the 31st and Wednesday the 3rd.
Thanks for the heads up, Brad. The only season of "TAR" that I watched was last season with Rob & Amber. All the seasons before that will be completely new to me and I would hate to miss anything.

Do you think you could do me a favor, let me know when other 2 hr episodes are coming up? I would totally appreciate it.

Ric - how you doin' cuz? Tell my Dad I say "Hello". I still need to send that letter out to him. I think I will do that today.

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
I didn't see the first three seasons, so these reruns have been a lot of fun to see. The first episode of season one felt kind of sluggish, but the editors found their way as the season progressed. I know people complain about the bunch-ups, but the producers have definitely made changes for the better so as not to run into what happened at the end of season one. (For those who missed out, the first season is scheduled to come out on DVD--September, I think.)

I never thought Rob and Brennan played dirty. Frank liked to run his mouth a lot about teams following them, but if you're in the front, isn't that going to be the case?

What I found interesting was how there weren't a bunch of model/aspriring actor teams (none, really) that have become more prevalent in recent seasons.

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
What I found interesting was how there weren't a bunch of model/aspriring actor teams (none, really) that have become more prevalent in recent seasons.
That's become true on almost all the competitive reality shows. I know it has for "Big Brother".

I can't wait to find some time to sit down and have some marathon watching sessions of TAR. I have 6 seasons to watch that I never watched before.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
The first episode of season one felt kind of sluggish, but the editors found their way as the season progressed.
I watched that first episode, because I heard good things about the show, but it didn't capture my interest. I didn't watch again until the fourth season, and I've been watching ever since. I'm glad it wasn't just me :) I don't get GSN though, so I guess I'll have to wait for DVD.
And the top half of this thread is really old....

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
Do you think you could do me a favor, let me know when other 2 hr episodes are coming up? I would totally appreciate it.
If I happen to notice it I'll repost here, but the beauty of TiVo is that I don't have to notice it to get it recorded. I only looked forward into the recordings last week because I wanted to see if there was an indication in the guide data about which season they were airing. So far GSN has only been providing the generic description and the listed original air date for every single episode has been 9/5/2001.
Might I suggest that you invest in TiVo as well? One of us! One of us! :D
Brad

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
I watched that first episode, because I heard good things about the show, but it didn't capture my interest.
When TAR Season 1 originally aired I watched about 1/2 of it but then lost interest. I only watched last season because of Rob & Amber and ended up totally enjoying it. I'm hoping my renewed interest will give me a different perspective on Season 1 when I go to watch it. Which has happened with other shows.

Todd Henry

Second Unit
We've watched the last couple of seasons and tried to watch season 1. However, we dropped it after 2 episodes as it ws much more difficult to follow the teams. We felt as though we had no idea where each team stood after a specific task as the just seem to appear further along in the race without seeing them complete a task.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
I agree that it can be a little difficult to follow at the very beginning. But they do show everyone's position at each task, with enough detail to do this -- at least for the past few seasons.
Unless you have an interest in a particular team, you could skip the first few episodes to wait for the field to thin a little. It's really more a series of legs than one continuous race. But you might miss some drama, like the MeatBlock (in leg 3) from last season.

Todd Henry

Second Unit
Ken - I agree the last few seasons it was very easy to follow all the teams. In Season 1, it was much more difficult and confusing especially after how much it has improved in later seasons.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Here's one I didn't expect. Flipped by HBO and just saw Charla, yeah that one, on the Lisa Kudrow show.

Jeff*S*C*

Second Unit
That's so funny because my girlfriend just told me a minute ago she was just on "The Comeback" after we saw her on a commerical for "Battle of the Network Reality Stars".

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
So, um... Does anyone find Blake and Paige's relationship in TAR:2 (they are brother and sister) to be um... a little too close? I get a bit of a queasy feeling watching those two.

Ric

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
So, um... Does anyone find Blake and Paige's relationship in TAR:2 (they are brother and sister) to be um... a little too close?
Ha. I haven't been watching again and didn't remember the names, but that brought back memories and faces. WAY TOO CLOSE.

Jeff*S*C*

Second Unit
Especially that one time at the Pit Stop where he said his sister is amazing and wants to marry a girl like her and it ended with them gazing at each other. I was like "Woah".:laugh:

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Two things about season 2...

1-I had to laugh when I read the comments about Blake & Paige. I said the same thing to my wife last night.

2-I also thought that Chris or Alex (Can't remeber which one) looks just like Scott Peterson.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks