What's new

The Amazing Race Season 24 (2/23): Returning All-Stars (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I'm going for the Afghanimals. They were nice, fun decent people. They deserve a win, although the two cowboy brothers are going to be major competitors.

Can't believe they brought "Rachel" back again, apparently somebody extending her 15 minutes of fame.

And those annoying Anderson twins? Ugh....

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
I haven't watched it in a few seasons now, but I'll tune in to this season. I like the cowboy brothers and Flight Time & Big Easy. I really can't stand Luke and his mom though.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Not really a fan of these All-Stars type seasons, and don't like the fact that there are a few teams that are given a 3rd chance. As for the rest of the returning teams, it is a mixed bag!

DaveHof2

Second Unit
Real Name
David Hofstede
Perfect first episode for me. The team I like the most won and got the Express Pass, the team I couldn't stand the most got eliminated, and the surprise new racer is one of my favorites of all time. This could be a great season!

Mark_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
I also agree. Hopefully the next to go are Luke and his mom. Then I think l'll really enjoy it. I can't believe they gave that big baby a third chance.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Mark_B said:
I also agree. Hopefully the next to go are Luke and his mom. Then I think l'll really enjoy it. I can't believe they gave that big baby a third chance.
LOL. I so agree, but they were okay so far. I found the Youtubers more annoying last night. They're my choice for the next to go. That may change; we'll see.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Very satisfied with the ending of the opening leg. There were two rounds of cheers in our house....

DaveHof2

Second Unit
Real Name
David Hofstede
I will be rooting for the cowboys, the Globetrotters and the father-son who had to leave last time due to the father's injury. I will echo other posts hoping for Luke and his mom to be gone next - either them of the Afghanimals. I hope Mallory sticks around for awhile because I think she's absolutely adorable.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Wow. How could you not have a better opening leg.

There couldn't be a dissatisfied viewer to be found anywhere
nationwide over the elimination.

Very sorry about Bopper being out of the race. He was my favorite.

However, I am not at all disappointed by having Mallory take his place. I really
liked her when she raced with her Dad.

A lot of great returnees, sans the YouTube team.

Looking forward to this season. Looks fantastic in Hi-Def.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
I have to wonder about the time frame of the opening. IIRC they said and implied that Bopper's hospital visit was the night before. So how did they get a hold of Mallory so quickly? Red Eye flight in? Who can put their life on hold for a month at the drop of a hat?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Paul,

I thought the same thing.

There is no way they did that overnight. Not even with all the legal documents that had to be signed.

My guess is that they put the race on "hold" and built this fake rushed drama around a real situation.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
I'm pretty sure they have alternates ready to go just in case. Seems odd that they'd create this new team rather than just have Mallory race with her dad, though.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Well, I finally got around to watching the premiere, and thought it was better than I would have expected. It is still too soon for this type of season, but I will give it a chance. With it underway, I will try not to cry about which teams came back and which ones did not.
Greg Kettell said:
Seems odd that they'd create this new team rather than just have Mallory race with her dad, though.
I was thinking the same thing, as I am never a fan of these hybrid teams, as I always believe that if a past racer wants to come back, they should be racing with their original teammate. Even more strange, is that they are not even from the same season. As much as I like Bopper & Mark, I was thinking, tough luck if Mark can't race because Bopper's health. After watching the episode, this "new" team of Mark & Mallory is looking like a train wreck, which is too bad, because I did like them the first time around, and second in Mallory's case.

It should be interesting with the cowboys winning the 2 Express Passes, as they have never been chummy with any of the other teams before, as they like to run their own race. I did like them the first time, but not so much the second time.

I will give the other teams another chance before I judge them this time around, as I like to believe that they have changed for the better. But all that would have went out the window with Twinnies, so we are spared with their constant shouting for the rest of the race.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Oh thank God the Twinnies are gone. Probably the most annoying people ever to have been on "reality TV".

I'm curious as to how the Mark/Mallory team works out. If they were to win, would it be a two way split between Mark & Mallory, or a three way split to include Bopper?

NolanJ

Second Unit
Stan said:
Oh thank God the Twinnies are gone. Probably the most annoying people ever to have been on "reality TV".

I'm curious as to how the Mark/Mallory team works out. If they were to win, would it be a two way split between Mark & Mallory, or a three way split to include Bopper?
I was thinking the same thing. Initially I said to myself "She has her own family to take care of. Mark can give part of his share to Bopper." But then I started to think "Mallory is only racing because of Bopper's injury. She should donate some of her winnings to Bopper if she wins."

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Well, I can't say I'm thrilled with all the teams they brought back this cycle. The last few groups of racers have largely been "blah" for me with no one I actually want to see again (and again and again, as the case may be). And this whole "all star" thing is a marketing gimmick. Instead of having to find 22 new compelling people, they just recycle ones that were around in the last few years. If you're going to do that, go back to the very beginning and find the teams that really are all stars.

(Yes, I know some teams who have won in the past will never come back, but you can potentially do a cycle of "TAR Winners" with 11 teams. Or two cycles in a playoff format where the winners are split into two cycles and then the third is the "winner take all." No guarantee you get the most compelling and least annoying people, though. I'd love to see Sam and Dan back on the show.)

That goes double for the Twinnies, perhaps the most annoying two-some we've had. I'm so very happy they were shown the door quickly. I don't know if I could stand another dozen episodes with them yelling at each other and using the word "twinnie."

I know this has all been negative so far and I am going to continue watching like I always have. The show itself was fine with teams making the same mistakes over and over...goes to show people don't always learn...

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Some of my favorite episodes are when the teams don't read their clues properly. They get eliminated because they took a taxi rather than walking or some other silly error. Sometimes just a time-out, but other times they lose.

My hope is that cry-baby Rachel and Brandon get eliminated tonight. Or should I say six months ago when this was probably filmed. Must be some very strict confidentiality clauses in the contracts the contestants sign so nobody reveals the results.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks