What's new

The Amazing Race Season 19: Meet The New Cast (1 Viewer)

JeffO

Stunt Coordinator
I'm disappointed that Tommy and Andy were eliminated. I didn't start the season liking them, as I thought they'd be too stereotypical, but in the end they were strong, likeable, and religious without looking down on others. The enjoyed doing the race together, appreciated the countries they visited, and didn't bicker. They were the most deserving team, and it is too bad they didn't win. I'll be the first to admit they had an advantage in being two professional athletes, but that isn't everything. I'm rooting against Amani and Marcus. I always root against anyone who came in last in non-elimination legs. Is it fair they are still there while Tommy/Andy or Bill/Cathy are gone? No, so I definitely want them to lose. Plus I'm sick of the pro football stories/comparisons. Cindy would annoy me in real life, so I'm not rooting for them. I'm rooting for Jeremy/Sandy, even though I think they aren't the strongest team this season, probably fourth or fifth. I hated the cabbies talking with each other; imagine if one of the teams lost due to that. Heck, Andy/Tommy might have. Cabbies are the part of the Race I like least. So many times, it has come down to bad cabbies. Not reflecting on the teams themselves.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
JeffO said:
I I hated the cabbies talking with each other; imagine if one of the teams lost due to that. Heck, Andy/Tommy might have.
I think Ernie/Cindy were in the same boat after the Puerto Vaerto thing, they didn't notice the right marker like Jeremy/Sandy and I think they were headed towards the same fate as the snowboarders... So without the cabbie talk, they might of been just as screwed as the snowboarders... It might of had a pretty major affect on the outcome although now we'll never know. Could just be a bunch of fancy TV editing too, we all know it happens.. Jay

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I remember reading that this season would end in Atlanta, as the race visited a few weeks after I was there during the summer. Can't be fun running around at that time of the year, in the city that has already lost 2 hockey teams.

I was surprised to see that couple teams did not seem to have too much trouble finding the Swan House, and they must have entered in a different way, which was not through the Atlanta History Center. When I tried to find it this past summer, I had a hard time finding it, as the signs are not easy to find, which tend to be small and sometimes hidden. And hearing that "recalculating" on the GPS would drive me nuts, which is why I don't like using it.

This final leg was more in the racers' hands than in the cab drivers, as teams did not seem to have too much trouble with cab drivers and their sense of directions.

No more comebacks for the Comeback Team, as it was more like the home field disadvantage once again. And the barely-getting-by team wasn't going to get by the setback of going to the wrong "Dump". Going to the right "Dump" was the difference, and safe to assume who would win the race.

And hot dog, I did like the baseball-related task with Turner Field, and while the memorization part did not seem as challenging as past seasons, it was definitely more physically demanding, and I liked the fact that they were not allowed to use notes. But at that point, the suspense was completely gone for the viewers.

Congrats to Ernie & Cindy for winning this race! They have clearly done their homework on the race, and it has paid off big-time for them. And they did it without the aid of a non-elimination leg. Although my feelings toward them tend to lean towards neutral, but I can understand where Cindy is coming from, having grown up in an Asian household.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Living in Atlanta, this last leg at least had me interested in seeing where they'd set up the tasks. I'd gone straight to the Dump that was formerly Home Depot as well, but at least the clue stated "the residence formerly known as the dump", so it was a fair clue. I bet that guy who directed the 2nd place couple to the Dump store has to feel horrible about his impact in their finish in TAR this season. I was screaming at the TV: use the "l" when they couldn't find the "1" key. I have no idea where the Swan House is either, might have heard about it in passing, but nothing that would have ever made me want to go visit it. Was hoping they were going to do a task at the GA. Aquarium.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
If you are not a football fan like I am, you can
relate to the anger week after week of having
your favorite shows delayed by an hour because

of a game that just doesn't want to end.

Such was the case this week, causing me to
have to watch a taped delay of The Amazing Race.

I got up this morning, avoiding all my subscription

emails to this thread in hopes of watching this week's

finale and being surprised by the winner.

Leave it to me to turn on Live with Kelly this morning

to hear them announce the winners at the opening of

the show.

Aaaaargh!

Now I have to sit and watch last night's finale
knowing exactly who won.

...and I am not particularly happy who the winners were.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Originally Posted by Patrick Sun

Was hoping they were going to do a task at the GA. Aquarium.

I was kind of hoping they would somehow, have some kind of memorization challenge in the nearby World of Coca-Cola, since they do have the taste testing of sodas from various countries.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein

Leave it to me to turn on Live with Kelly this morning

to hear them announce the winners at the opening of

the show.

Aaaaargh!

Now I have to sit and watch last night's finale
knowing exactly who won.

...and I am not particularly happy who the winners were.

Sorry to hear that. That just really sucks big-time!

It has happened to me a few times before, when I find out who the winner was or who got eliminated, either on the radio (as I was driving to work) or when going on the TV Guide web site.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein

I am a real latecomer to this thread...but I was rooting for Jeremy and Sandy after the elimination of Andy & Tommy. I really liked the way Andy & Tommy approached the race: working hard, appreciating the experience and not casting blame when things didn't go their way. Jeremy and Sandy, I thought, did a pretty good job for a "dating couple" keeping things pretty calm and collected as they went about their business, too.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Don't make the same mistake if you're planning on timeshifting the 3-hour finale/wrap-up of Survivor next Sunday night (and possible football delays, unless CBS is smart enough to not schedule a 4 p.m. game for the east coast).

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD - SKIP IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN FINALE

Patrick, thank you for the warning. There has not been a single year

thus far that I have not screwed up recording the finale of Survivor.

I am now setting my Tivo to record 5 hours of programming that night.

Mike, I didn't care for the football references either. Just not a
fan of the sport.

I will say this now that I have completed watching the finale....

I have some new found respect for Ernie and Cindy -- particularly

Cindy who really gave this final leg a huge amount of effort. I do

admire her determination to be the best that she can be.

I also really liked the things Ernie said about Cindy being the
perfect life partner. That's the kind of thing all of us hope to find

in our lives and it is my hope that many of you who are reading

this have found that already.

I'm happy with the outcome.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon

I think Amani is used to it for the most part, although it does seem at times, she has that look on her face that says "there he goes with the football references". Too bad we don't get to see them try to figure out the baseball clue.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Reading the interviews, Amani saying that it was editing that made it appear that Marcus constantly makes football references. Have to admit, I did like the reference they made to Cindy's comments of losing to C students. It's here, in case anyone's interested!

Needless to say, not close at all between teams at the finish line.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks