What's new

The Amazing Race Season 19: Meet The New Cast (1 Viewer)

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Amani & Marcus might as well be called the team that comes from behind (I know, sounding like Marcus), even though they keep shooting themselves in the foot. At this point, in season 19, I would think, trying to find the earliest flight to your next destination, is Amazing Race 101. Adding to the fact that they drove in the wrong direction, and pretty risky trying to flag down a vehicle in the middle of the road.

Also, Jeremy & Sandy should be called the "barely getting by" team, as this has to be the 3rd (?) time that they finished second from last in a leg. They always look like the next team to be eliminated, but somehow, they manage to stay in. Still, I would be surprised that if they made it to the Final 3.

Just loved the Double U-Turn being used. Some may consider it dirty (which is naturally the reaction of the team being U-Turned). Instead of survival, it was about winning that prize. And this, after Cindy and Bill were friendly to each other before that, telling each other stories at the Roadblock of how they met their significant other. A reminder that it's a race first. Being friends can happen after the race.

Bill & Cathi barely finishing second in the leg, and that's thanks to Speckles, but no thanks to Hopper. [/url]

We really had no problem seeing Laurence get Philiminated this week. He just never seemed to like it when Zac did a challenge and more often than not his comments just made him look like a dick.

[/quote]
Yeah, I'm not sad to see him go either, as I got tired of his comments. Like he would do any better, and probably be making more sexist comments if he did do it. I have to say, I was actually fooled by the editing, as I just thought it was just another lame attempt to trick the viewers, with the whole going the wrong way thing, but in this case, it actually worked.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
You know, I am really proud of Amani and Marcus. They were behind,

but kept their attitude positive and managed to (I believe) come in third.

...of course, the Double U-Turns kind of helped that situation somewhat.

But that is what makes this race so interesting. There are so many
variables that come into play that even if you are the most "able" team

in the play, you can easily fall behind the pack.

Glad to see Laurence and Zac eliminated. The degrading comments
made by the Father towards his son were not commendable.

Still hoping Bill & Cathi win it all.

I say this so often, but allow me to keep gushing....this is a great show

and I really owe it to Robert Fowkes for talking me into catching this a

year ago. It remains one of my favorite weekly watches.

Always good talking about the show each week with all of you.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Uhm....okay....I'll be the first...

This was another very exciting (but awfully strange) leg of

the race.

First head-scratcher was Tommy giving his non-dramatic

performance of the Hans Christian Anderson poem. Why

he went all the way back to the statue is beyond me. He

had the poem down pat.....all the drama critic was asking

of him that he be more dramatic.

For a while I though Bill and Cathi would be out of the race

as they fell behind trying to find Legoland. Fortunately it

seems everyone kind of caught up with each other at the

train station.

The weight lifter posing event was perhaps the oddest
event I have seen to date. That was absolutely embarrassing

for everyone involved (what happened to Cindy's legs?).

This is the first TO BE CONTINUED.... that I have encountered

where there was no elimination. Looking forward to seeing

what happens next week.

JeffO

Stunt Coordinator
I hated the bodybuilding, just hated it. Why embarass people like that? No need for it. Enjoyed the rest of the show though. The Legoland part was everything the Amazing Race should be...unique, true to the country you're in, moderately challenging, fun. I like this season, as all my annoying competitors are gone. Although I haven't heard this many football stories since watching Al Bundy.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Ron, every time you screw up with the poem, for whatever reason, you have to bike all the way back. It's a way of imposing a time penalty to shuffle the order. Otherwise, you'd just stand there and do it over and over. Sandy also biked back, but didn't stop and looped back. Might have been bruises on Cindy's legs, like from that time she was caught under the bed.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Ron, every time you screw up with the poem, for whatever reason, you have to bike all the way back. It's a way of imposing a time penalty to shuffle the order.

Ken, thank you for that clarification. Did not realize that.

DaveHof

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Hofstede
How upset were the producers that the two showgirls were voted off long before the bodybuilding challenge? I'm just glad Lawrence and Zac were gone too!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Bummer about Bill and Cathi. They were my picks to win this and

they just couldn't come from behind these two weeks.

Don't really know who to root for. Definitely don't like the snowboard

guys, though you must admit, they have aced this game better than

anyone else thus far. I am not fans of Ernie and Cindy, primarily for

the fact I don't care for Cindy. Jeremy and Sandy have never really

swayed me either way. I suppose that leaves me rooting for Amani

and Marcus, who really have remained the most spirited team thus far.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
I found it interesting that Earnie's Mustang driver was very stoic, whereas Jeremy's was animated and supportive. They both passed but I think Jeremy enjoyed the challenge more.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Been away on vacation, and just caught up on the last 2 episodes. Have to say, I can feel the teams' frustrations when it comes to getting directions from locals, with all the hand pointing one way, then another way, and so on, without a map. And sometimes, a map may not help much, as the smaller streets may not be in it, when trying to find something.

Ernie & Cindy did catch a huge break when they did not have their tickets inspected, which is something I just can't believe. In all my times riding the trains in Europe, I've been asked to show my ticket, sometimes twice, and a few times, I've shown it 3 times.

Originally Posted by DaveHof /t/314354/the-amazing-race-season-19-meet-the-new-cast/60#post_3873977

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Walter,

Welcome back!

Enjoyed reading your comments, and afterwards,

I started looking at possibly buying a belgian waffle
maker for myself this Christmas.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Thanks Ronald! That really means a lot!

I remember trying to make the Belgian waffles one time, and like the racers, it was very messy all around. But it came out okay. I always loved them with chocolate syrup!

Mark_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
Originally Posted by Walter C

Ernie & Cindy did catch a huge break when they did not have their tickets inspected, which is something I just can't believe. In all my times riding the trains in Europe, I've been asked to show my ticket, sometimes twice, and a few times, I've shown it 3 times.

I was wondering the same. Do you think the fact there was a camera and sound crew filming had anything to do with it?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Mike,

If I may interject an opinion....

I think the fact that there is a camera and sound crew

filming has resulted in a lot of free perks including the

train ride and drivers agreeing to provide a cab ride to

the girls that ran out of money. I also think the return

of the passport to one of the showgirls at the airport was

due to the fact that there was a lot of filming "buzz"
happening at the local gas station.

I do think people having cameras turned upon them

lends to making them a bit nicer than what they usually

would be without them.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Also, one thing people often forget (or don't know) is that the film crew has tickets, too. In fact, when you see the racers "buy" two tickets, that's actually a re-shoot of the scene or additional dialogue recorded and played over the action (you often don't see their lips at this point). The racers buy 4 tickets (2 for them, 2 for the sound/camera guys), and then pretend to buy 2 more, or shoot extra dialogue to that effect.

Basically, what I'm saying is it's possible that tickets were checked, but they were spot-checked (I've seen this happen frequently), and since they crew had their tickets, the inspector just walked past Ernie and Cindy.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I'm rooting for Ernie and Cindy. I think they're genuinely nice, have helped the other teams and just played well. I didn't save the recording so can't verify but I'd swear Amani and Marcus cut a team off a few episodes ago. Think it was Bill and Cathi. Marcus/Amani took a cab, a bus or something and took advantage of the other couple just before the pit stop, ending up beating them to the end. Just didn't feel right to me. Not like U-turning an opponent which is expected and part of the game, but just flat out rude. I hope they slip up and karma bites them in the next leg or two.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Wow!...Wow!...and in case you didn't hear me...WOW!

Tonight was monumental. My heart was literally racing

watching these teams race to the finish.

By reading the feedback in this area, I am sure most
everyone will agree it's a great thing that Tommy and

Andy are out of the race. I mean....who would have
known that would happen given their 20-minute lead?

Listen, both these guys raced hard and probably are

the most deserving of the million-dollar prize....at least

I think so. However, most people root for the underdog

and my bet right now is still on Amani and Marcus.

Now my big gripe for the evening...

What the hell was up with the cab drivers calling each

other to give away the pit stop location? Clearly, Jeremy

and Sandy took the risk on a correct clue they were
unsure of. The others were just given the information
via the cab drivers.

Does it matter in the end? No. Jeremy and Sandy

came in first and the other teams most of us wanted

to remain, followed. However, if not for the cab drivers

alerting each other I think perhaps Tommy and Andy

may have had a chance.

DaveHof

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Hofstede
Such are the quirks of The Amazing Race - I don't think I've watched a season yet where a cab driver hasn't played a significant role in one team winning - and another team losing - one million dollars.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Nice to see Panama visited for the first time in the regular format (other time was in Family Edition). Although I'm sure it was scary for the crew to carry all that equipment in the canoe in the dark, where one can barely see a thing.

Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein

Ernie & Cindy - and they continue the trend of the team winning the Express Pass, makes it to the final 3. But still, none of them have gone one to win the million dollars. Will they be the first? Of the 3 teams, I can see this one winning it all, as they seem to be the best of the 3.

Or maybe these teams race like a typical team, and Andy & Tommy was one of those unusual teams that seem to cruise through the race.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks