What's new

The Amazing Race Season 19: Meet The New Cast (1 Viewer)

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Grr! "The video you have requested is not available for your geographic region." Well where would you suggest I watch it, CBS? not like I'm trying to watch an episode and avoiding the Canadian feeds (with the Canadian content and advertising)

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Hey Ronald, you may want to put "Season 19" in the thread title, just to distinguish from the other TAR threads.

After reading some things about this coming season, I'm looking forward to it, as I always enjoy seeing the places featured, usually more than the teams themselves.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Link worked great. Looking forward to this, by far my favorite "reality" show.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Just a reminder, the start of the new season starts tonight! It may start later for some, due to football overruns.

Not surprisingly, the starting line will be in the same place as before. But the bright side, is that few countries and a US city will be visited for the first time as well.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I'm glad to see the show back. Again, not a fan of a task at the starting line, but I guess it is better than just having teams run to the car, and drive to the airport. And at least there was no elimination there (thank God!)

With that being said, a few things annoyed me...

1. Something just didn't seem right, with the way one of the Showgirls got her passport back.

2. Survivor couple in the race. Possible repeat of Rob & Amber!

3. Unless I missed something, a Hazard does not seem any different from a Speed Bump!

4. I don't need to know how much time is left until The Good Wife starts, which was distracting.

Now, I thought it was remarkable that the Showgirls overcame the Hazard, and lost passport, and still not finish last in the leg. Not that it would have mattered, since it ended up being a non-elimination leg.

I forgotten how hot Asian cities can be, as we could see the racers were sweating like crazy!

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Originally Posted by Walter C

With that being said, a few things annoyed me...

1. Something just didn't seem right, with the way one of the Showgirls got her passport back.

3. Unless I missed something, a Hazard does not seem any different from a Speed Bump!

1. It appeared pretty straight-forward. Twitter caught that one of the racers was missing a passport. The two guys from the gas station found a passport and also gave directions to the snow boarders, and ultimately put two and two together. It was certainly nice of them to drive to the airport to drop the passport off.

3. They are similar, except that a hazard is a penalty for finishing last in a challenge, while a speed bump is for finishing last in a leg. Clearly the potential of being awarded a hazard penalty (it's unclear how many challenges will have them) may influence other aspects of the race, like, for example, when to use the express pass, and when to try for the fast forward.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
The showgirls sure were lucky to get that passport back. I was glad to see it was a non-elimination leg, since I think the grandparents redeemed themselves by nailing the memorization challenge on seemingly the first try. Double elimination next week!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Great to be onboard for my second year watching
THE AMAZING RACE.

Doesn't seem to be nearly an interesting cast as

last season -- but then again, this isn't an All-Star show.

At first, was hoping that the older teacher couple would

be eliminated -- but after seeing the way they took the

game in great stride and spirit, I was happy that they
would at least be around for another leg of the race.

Double elimination next week does not sound good.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Josh Dial

1. It appeared pretty straight-forward. Twitter caught that one of the racers was missing a passport. The two guys from the gas station found a passport and also gave directions to the snow boarders, and ultimately put two and two together. It was certainly nice of them to drive to the airport to drop the passport off.

Yeah, but... how? My impression is the teams aren't allowed to use their own tech during the race (ie: no cell phones, etc) so how did it get onto Twitter that they lost their passport? And why did the guys who found it at the gas station automatically assume the passport was a TAR team and decide to head to LAX? The temple to LAX is a 30m drive... by map. The reality is more like an hour at the minimum. Then having to deal with parking at the airport, etc. That's a lot of hassle for a couple of guys to take the time to do. The entire thing smacks of producer manipulation.

I figured they'd get their passport back on time somehow but I didn't like the way it played out. Very unrealistic.

Jenna and Ethan were really downplayed in this ep. I was a little surprised. I prefer they be treated as a normal team, but if it were Rob and Amber it'd be all about them.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Yeah, I will bet there was manipulation from the producers.

Let's face it. There were cameras at that gas station long

after the girls left it. Lot of attention to everything going on

at that location. When the passport was found it wasn't difficult

to figure out it was part of a TV show. I am certain that someone

associated with the show helped expedite its return.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
A New York Times article about the whole passport thing here. This may clear some things up!

Now back to the race...

Maybe next week, I will decide which teams I like or don't like. For now, it's too early to tell. But already, major drama with the 2 siblings teams, which is something that often not seen in this type of team.

That memorization roadblock, in that intense heat, can't be fun. Reminds me too much of the days when I crammed for tests the night before the actual exam.

Also, if I have to hear Peyton Manning's name one more time in this show, I will SCREAM!

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
It’s kind of interesting having a contestant from your home town. (Sandy) Interestingly we both went to the same university also but I went many years before her. I’m not going to cheer for her team just because they are local, I’ll have to see how they come across before I make any decision.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
So, the Peter Marshall look-alikes were eliminated last night.

Pretty good leg of the race. I really loved the fact that
there were specifics to checking into the orphanage that

could be (and were) easily overlooked. That put an interesting

"twist" on the game where even those who checked in first,

had a good chance of coming in last.

First time I had seen something like that and I found it to

be quite entertaining.

Glad Mom and Pop are still in the race. Always love rooting

for the underdogs.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
After seeing the other foreign editions visit Indonesia a few times, it's nice to see the American edition to finally do so, for the first time ever, and not repeat any tasks from the foreign editions. And this leg did not disappoint, as we would see some people riding on top of the train.

Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein

Pretty good leg of the race. I really loved the fact that
there were specifics to checking into the orphanage that

could (and were) easily overlooked. That put an interesting

"twist" on the game where even those who checked in first,

had a good chance of coming in last.

I thought this leg would be anticlimactic, with the teams leaving the Detour would be the order at the Pit Stop. But yeah, it came down to which teams read the sign. And the Showgirls are really the ones who truly benefited from that twist, otherwise they would have been eliminated! And, I did like the mean trick that Phil played on them, telling them that they are the 10th team to arrive at the mat, and they started to tear up.

And oddly enough, it did not turn out so bad for Mom and Pop to depart last at the mat in Taipei, because I know it's a bitch to have to wait at the airport overnight, which is what the rest of the teams had to do. And good for them to survive another leg, even though the Speed Bump did not seem too hard.

Also, it turned out Ethan & Jenna were not Rob & Amber 2.0, although my feelings towards them and the gay couple were neutral.

So far, none of the remaining teams really stand out, except for Justin & Jennifer, and a bit odd that this season's bickering team, would be a siblings team.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
So far nice decent people. Not like several teams in the past that gave a real bad meaning to American, let alone homan . Love the adventures they go on, normally more unique and not so repetitive like with "Survuvor". The entire lost pastport sequence seemed a little bit contrived, but probably did work out with a little tweaking.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Maybe it's just me but the tasks are seeming to get simpler and easier each season.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I don't know about the tasks being easier, as I could not see myself doing the things that they did. In the intense heat, right after a long flight and train ride.

Except for the Speed Bump, another lame-ass one! Almost as bad as just sitting on ice for 15 minutes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks