What's new

The Amazing Race season 18 - Unfinished Business (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
And Vxysin has got to be the most attractive racer ever!

I like Mallory. She's cute...hyper as hell...but very cute.

I would say she's my eye candy in this show, though there's

far better candy on Survivor -- especially when the women are

wearing next to nothing.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Another one glad to see Luke gone. Nice, normal guy when things were going his way, but once something went slightly wrong, rather than try and work out the problem, we got instant frustration and tantrum.

Amazing how calm his mother stayed throughout all his outbursts.

Like the cowboys but they're just to "aw shucks, all-American good guys"

It would be fun to watch Kent and Vyxsin win. Definitely made some bad moves, but have recovered nicely.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
You know, not unhappy with the eliminations.

I have not been happy with the Ron and Christina.

In fact, miraculously, all the teams that were getting

on my nerves have been eliminated thus far.

Who next?

I disliked The Goths from the beginning, but they

are growing on me. Like The Globetrotters as well

as LaKisha and Jennifer. I suppose we could lose

Jet & Cord next.

I can tell you that my two favorites are Zev & Justin

and Gary and Mallory.

What a dirty country India is. Would not be my

choice to visit if world traveling.

Continuing to love this show to death!

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Ron clearly overthought the roadblock, which allowed the cowboys to catch up. And I thought the cowboys should have been gone for not looking further for earlier flights to Vansani (sp?). Can't say I was sad to see them gone. But funny how they go to a restaurant to eat while waiting for their flight.

I didn't mind the Goths too much, until Kent kicked that guy out of the cab, which was just uncalled for. And him being wimpy, having Vyxsin carrying both of their backpacks? And funny to see her jump in that dirty river,

Nice of Mallory to give Zev some earplugs.

So far...

Like - Gary & Mallory, Zev & Justin, Jet & Cord

Neutral - Kisha & Jen, Flight Time & Big Easy

Don't like - Kent & Vyxsin

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Also some interesting info about the Ganges River (from Wikipedia):

Along the 4 miles (6.4 kilometres) stretch of terraced bathing ghats in the holy city of Varanasi, the water of the Ganges is a "brown soup of excrement and industrial effluents."[10] The water there contains 60,000 faecal coliform bacteria per 100 ml, 120 times the official limit of 500 faecal coliforms/100ml that is not considered safe for bathing.

In other words... very gross!

Paul D G

Screenwriter
^^ Yeah, the Ganges is disgusting but it's considered some holy thing and people bathe and wash their clothes in it, etc. When she jumped in I had two immediate thoughts - she didn't realize it wasn't waist deep, and I hope she doesn't find out how filthy that water is.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Paul D G

And that snippet of how they deal with the dead bodies at that part of the Genges River is amazing. I saw an entire piece on that at one time. I think it was included in Renoir's film The River...but I cannot remember exactly. I watched it many years ago. Mesmerizing.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon /forum/thread/308824/the-amazing-race-season-18-unfinished-business/60#post_3800204

although give the girl something to calm her down!
She did seem calm when she saw a body about to be cremated, and just observing how different it was, compared to other places she has been to. Her hyperness hasn't been too much for Gary, who doesn't seem bothered at all by it.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Wow, what a suspenseful pitstop.

When Gary and Mallory checked in last, I thought

it was "game over" for them both. I was so relieved

to hear they had another opportunity to stay in the
game. They are probably my favorite pair.

Still kicking myself for not discovering this show

earlier. Week after week I find myself highly

entertained by the events that take place.

Visit our
imgrepo
DVD,
imgrepo
BLU-RAY and
imgrepo
3D REVIEW ARCHIVES

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Do you get the sense that Big Easy set back the stereotype of the boorish American tourist even further when he took a leak on one of Austria's most historic national buildings?

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Interesting that this leg took place in Austria, where I got to visit recently. And oddly enough, it was the two cities shown, as I thought Salzburg was more interesting than Vienna. Plus that teams went from very hot to very cold, just like that!

Boy, that food looked good, but no way in hell, I could eat it all in 12 minutes. And the detour name "Quick & Easy Meal" has to be one of the biggest misnomers ever. No team had a chance to finish all that, with the exception of Ron. Too bad he was already gone!

And it looks like those Ford Focus has replaced the Travelocity knomes for product placement in the show.

Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein

Yeah, I could not believe it myself. And then, they are not happy that they did not finish first in the leg.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Frezon

It's actually pretty normal in Europe - peeing in public.

A quick google of 'public urinating' gives us this: http://eurokulture.missouri.edu/?p=3272

It was pretty funny seeing him say he needed to take a leak, then as another team runs by you see him in the background facing the building.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
It was Flight Time that peed. And I didn't know either until someone corrected me on another forum.

With the remaining teams left...

Jet & Cord - repeating the same mistake is just annoying. Even if they took that flight with the 2 connections that may be delayed, don't they know that the other teams would be still with them? They would have been team #1 if not for that. Another mistake like that, and they will go from Like to Neutral.

Flight Time & Big Easy - the peeing thing, notwithstanding... they are entertaining, but I still can't get myself to like them.

Zev & Justin - still like them, and remarkable they finished first, even though they chose the Quick & Easy Meal detour.

Kisha & Jen - flying under the radar. Don't really like or hate them.

Kent & Vyxsin - as Vyxsin would say... Kent needs to stop acting like a chick. It's just pathetic!

Gary & Mallory - glad they are still in. I know some people are disappointed that there will be another leg of hyper Mallory.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Kent is the most whiney man bitch I've ever seen! I'm surprised she just doesn't beat the hell out of him.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
It's actually pretty normal in Europe - peeing in public.

Yup. I saw a frenchman peeing into bushes several yards away from

the Eiffel Tower last time I was there.

Visit our
imgrepo
DVD,
imgrepo
BLU-RAY and
imgrepo
3D REVIEW ARCHIVES

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Another week and another opportunity for me

to express just how much I friggin' love this show.

No sorrows over the Cowboys leaving. They
were my next choice to go.

You can see how this week's show had to

do some crafty editing to get all the events

in. We only got seconds of the Cowboys

attempting to finish all the fondu, but apparently,

they did.

If it were me, I still would have rather done

the fondu than delivering all that luggage.

Looking forward to next week's show,
though I'll be away on vacation (but the
Tivo will still be running). See you folks
in a little over two weeks.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The cowboys were our favorite team. We are extremely bummed at the outcome of tonight's episode.

However, this episode showed there really is a social aspect to TAR. Even though the Cowboys really did nothing to piss off the other teams (that we saw), it was clear that they kept to themselves and that seemed to put an easy target on their backs as far as the other teams were concerned. It was too bad, as far as I was concerned, that the other teams shared the correct answer to the Lichtenstein task--leaving the Cowboys to figure it out for themselves.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
To be fair, Vyxsin and Justin also figured out the answer themselves as well. It's just Justin that had to end up sharing it with others. But my first "what you were thinking" was when he says the answer out loud rather than point at it, with Jen standing right behind him.

I don't blame the Globetrotters for U-Turning the cowboys. After all, it is a race and if you don't finish first, it's survival to not be last. Although it sucks to have that happen, but I did think all the good luck the cowboys had, would eventually run out.

Vyxsin has definitely grown on me, and has shown to be quite the trooper, with I think of the opposite of Kent. Case in point - Vyxsin having dragged Kent in a cart.

So at this point:

Like - Zev & Justin, Gary & Mallory, Vyxsin

Neutral - Kisha & Jen, Globetrotters

Don't Like - Kent

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks