What's new

The Amazing Race - season 15 (1 Viewer)

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
Now that the meathead is gone, I really don't have a problem with any of the other contestants right now. The Poker players I hated(just Tiffany) but now I don't mind them, I am sure I will start to dislike someone though.

Was Ron and Marcey the on again off again couple?

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I liked Lance and Keri...he reminded me of Coach in his constant state of oddness but he was ultimately harmless. Of course, the line "he reminded me of Coach" has a completely different impact on most people since I was about the only Coach fan at HTF. And by HTF, I mean on the planet.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Blah blah blah

blah blah blah spoiler protection

Well, at least we got to see Mika in a swimsuit before her exit lol.

Some screen grabs would be sweet.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Based on the amount of time we've spent with Miss America makes me wonder how her husband can stand spending the rest of his life with her.

I'm just kidding here, people!

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
If the price really is changing every 60 seconds, it would be tough to do five-by-five-digit long division in that time. (Depending on how much the price fluctuates, you might be able to shortcut it after several tries.) Two minutes is much more doable.

What they need is a something that requires trigonometry, to debunk that old "I'll never use it in real life" saying. Of course, on a HTF board -- "will this 60-inch diagonal 16:9 screen fit here" -- that's not true either

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I was wondering that last night while watching the show. Even if the price of the gold was changing a couple dollars, that meant that the number of ounces was going up/down by, at most, 2-3. So basically to get it exact you could put say 530 ounces on the table, the second the price changed quickly do the math and then add or remove 1-2 ounces. However, I tried to do the math, even doing a shortcut method it still takes about a minute on paper.

I can understand being scared of bungey jumping, sky diving, if you are afraid of hieghts. There is an inherent risk there. But going down a slide? Give me a break. He was right, he should of pushed her down it, I would never of done it but i was cheering for him to do it.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Steve_Tk

I can understand being scared of bungey jumping, sky diving, if you are afraid of hieghts. There is an inherent risk there. But going down a slide? Give me a break. He was right, he should of pushed her down it, I would never of done it but i was cheering for him to do it.
Take it from someone who has a lot of experience in dealing with someone with anxiety issues...THAT was an extremely tough situation for BOTH of them to be in.

You could just see his frustration and her fear spiral out-of-control while feeding off each other. No excuses for his name-calling "moron, etc"...but until you've walked in someone's shoes...

My takeaway is simply that people with such severe limitations should not become contestants on such programs. Simple as that.

And I will tell you that my familiarity with the issue really has now turned me against the Glove Trotter team. Their baiting of Mika trying to convince her not to do it and to walk down with them--playing against Canaan's imploring--was incredibly bad form and really transcended game-playing to a level of potential psychological damage. Which all goes back to my major takeaway: that someone with those issues shouldn't be playing such a game.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Like I said, easy for me to say push her when i'm not in that situation. If it was my significant other I would of never tried to physically force her down it, however i would of been very frustrated.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
That's why I was really feeling for the guy (and the gal). It goes so much deeper than "frustration."

There's nothing she would have loved to do more than go down the slide. And there's nothing more he would have loved than for her to go down that slide. But, when an uncontrollable force prevents someone you care about from being able to accomplish that goal (or just makes it very difficult to do) it's beyond frustrating.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon

And I will tell you that my familiarity with the issue really has now turned me against the Glove Trotter team. Their baiting of Mika trying to convince her not to do it and to walk down with them--playing against Canaan's imploring--was incredibly bad form and really transcended game-playing to a level of potential psychological damage. Which all goes back to my major takeaway: that someone with those issues shouldn't be playing such a game.
In the GT's defense, this race is like a game to them. It is a game. What do professional athletes do? They talk trash. Plus, they didn't see everything that went on. They didn't see Canaan try to force Mika down. They were only there for 2 minutes before they were allowed to go down the slide.

You're afraid of heights? You're afraid of water? You can't run very well?

Have you watched the Amazing Race AT ALL?!?!?!?!

C'mon, Mika.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon

And I will tell you that my familiarity with the issue really has now turned me against the Glove Trotter team. Their baiting of Mika trying to convince her not to do it and to walk down with them--playing against Canaan's imploring--was incredibly bad form
One difference is that the Globetrotters had no idea how long she had been there -- in post-race interviews, it is said to be 45 minutes -- and what Canaan had said or done up to that point. (To be accurate, that's probably the case, since we didn't see the whole thing either.) As far as they are concerned, they figure they're in last place, she's just sitting there, so a little "psych-out" during a RACE -- I can give them a pass.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I kind of took it the same way. I had no problems with them talking trash. But I guess that's me. It's a race/game. More then that, she wasn't moving or budging, and they saw 2 minutes. All they knew was that she didn't like it. That's it. They weren't there for the meltdown. That having been said, I think even if they had said nothing there was no way she was going down the slide.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Have there been any other couples where one of them refused to do the task which resulted in their elimination from TAR?

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Marshall/Lance in TAR5 were the first (and so far only) team to quit the race because one of them was the last one remaining at the Roadblock and after a while they decided not to even bother with it--but it was a mutual decision on their part.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks