What's new

The Amazing Race season 14 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

That was me.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

===========

The absolute breakdown over the fear of swimming was uncomfortable to watch. So sad. But look at how "finishing strong" is going to enable Keisha & Jen to, apparently, stay in the race a while longer.

Quite a blow to the psyche for the redheads to not actually get that "first place finish" they had been longing for.

Paul D G

Screenwriter

THAT'S what had me laughing. They were sooo excited to get there first only to have the rug pulled from under them.

We rarely pick a favorite to win, the team we root for usually ends up being who we feel sympathy for. But with these four teams the only team we like is Mom and the deaf kid. Everyone else annoys us to some level.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Luke & his mom started annoying me weeks ago (long before the dustups with Keisha & Jen). I think of everyone who's left, the only one that comes across as potentially likeable is Tammy--and I'm not sure that's only because we haven't heard that much from her. :laugh:

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

This reminded me of the guy from a season or two back-I totally blank on his name-that didn't eat meat yet they chose to do the food roadblock. I mean, seriously...if something is going to offend you THAT much, don't audition for the show.

I don't think it's up to the producers to spill the beans as to what the teams will be doing, especially when the swimming was in a swimming pool which was a heck of a lot shallower than swimming in a natural environment.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

That would be Terrance (of Terrance & Sarah fame).
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

If Keisha and Jen had only stuck with the challenge after their initial lap...they could've come in third in the challenge. I'm just sayin'. The first girl just hung onto the rope and laboriously made her way up and back. It wasn't pretty...but it got the job done...as they both eventually did.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Thanks Mike! I saw his face, knew they annoyed us during the season but couldn't place the name. Now that you said it, we had nicknamed them Terrance and Phillip. :laugh:

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I guess my girlfriend and I are the only ones who like the redheads, I think one(or maybe both) are hillarious, they are bitchy, but the stuff they say is funny.

I like Tammie and Victory also, but I like Asians, my girlfriend hates Tammie, not really sure why.;)

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I like the cheerleaders too--Cara seems nice enough but Jaime is hysterical (and the hottest racer ever). They and Tammy/Victor are the only two teams I really like at this point. Kisha/Jen I can tolerate, and Margie/Luke are one of my least favorite teams ever by far.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Because she had to pee..oh my freakin' god!

Now i'm going to have to contend with Miss Winning personality 2009 and her friend in the race to the finish. :rolleyes

Because she had to freakin' pee!

Unreal, just...wow.

In the race for a million, you know what you do when you have to pee? You pee yourself, that's what you do.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I cheered (get it?) when Jaime and Cara finished ahead of the sisters. I'd been running and peeing on myself to get to that finish line.

Looking forward to the bikini pork run
next week.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
The only way that elimination could have been more embarrassing would be if Phil came over to the port-a-potty to eliminate them with Jen still inside. :laugh:

So glad Jaime/Cara got it--would've really loved to see Kisha/Jen over Margie/Luke (mainly Luke) but once M/L checked in second, at least now I have a 2/3 chance of liking the winner (in 13 seasons, I've only truly liked three winning teams, and was meh on three others...the other seven suck).

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Deaf kid and mom are quickly becoming my most hated team in race history, next to those obnoxious twins myra and schmyra.... and that guy who constantly yelled at his wife.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
So glad the sisters went home, especially under the humiliating "pee" circumstances. At this point, I'm rooting for Tammy and Victor, but Jaime and Cara would be alright with me too. Never thought I'd be rooting against a deaf kid and his mom, but they've really gotten to be annoying over the last few weeks.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I'm amazed that people could prefer Jaime, a woman with the personality of battery acid who shows nothing but contempt for other countries, ethnicities, cultures and languages, over a man who can't hear and can barely speak and his loving mother. :confused:

This TV season is heading towards certain doom for me, first that a-hole Coach might win Survivor and now Kara and Jaime might win The Amazing Race. :rolleyes

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

I'm with ya on that. I know Luke can be a bit "mom, mom, mom, mom, mom" which is annoying, but it simply can't be easy being on the race not being able to hear. Margie is a true champ to really never lose her cool while actually racing and defending Luke at every turn.

Every third word out of Jamie's mouth is derogatory in some way, shape or form and THAT is truly disgusting. If she's not whining about the language barrier, then everyone is ignoring her or they're stupid or...whatever.

mike caronia

Second Unit
I thought the cheerleaders were screwed out of their only first place finish last week, would have been unfair if they were eliminated last night. But the way in which the sisters were eliminated was classic. Me, I woulda went in the cab!

Luke and his mom have only bothered me AFTER they had the run in with Keesha and Jen. They seemed to become bitchy after that. It was petty on both sides, get over it and move on.

Anyone else think it was unfair the last 3 weeks Tammy and Victor had a HUGE advantage being the only team that spoke the native language? They seem like the eventual winners here, unless they have a meltdown next week..

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Not particularly. Any team can learn any language prior to going on the race. Or, at the very least, get a crash course on how to speak it. You're almost certain to go to China in every season, just as you're likely to go to a Spanish-speaking country. If you don't learn how to drive stick or go to the gym when you audition to work on running and such, it's your fault, no one else's.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I find that editing takes center stage in projecting the image that the producers/directors want to come across - especially in a show like The Amazing Race. Therefore I'm not quite as harsh on any of the contestants as some others have been here (which, of course, is their right) because what we see is not always what we get. That said (and with the team I was rooting for - Mike and his Dad- gone) it would not surprise me if any of the final three teams won. The Cheerleaders are eye candy so I'm glad they made it to the final leg - although they also seem to personify all that is ugly about Americans abroad. Luke and his mom are the human interest couple this year for all the obvious reasons and the ugly side that they are showing is probably the result of creative editing to highlight some of mom's frustration. And Tammy and Victor seem to be the couple that the producers are trying to get to the finish line first. Young, energetic, resourceful, etc. I completely agree that being able to speak the language in China the past three weeks is one HUGE advantage - especially since one of the challenges seems to have involved being able to communicate in Mandarin during the restaurant scene. In fact, I'm surprised that such a blatant advantage was allowed since on the surface it appears to be very unfair. Of course maybe we are being played once more by the producers because it sure looks like they want us to believe that Team China is a lock.

If I were handicapping the finals I would think that Luke and Mom will emerge victorious, edging out Tammy and Victor while the Dallas Cheerleaders bounce their way in their bikinis to the finish in Hawaii. That way the underdog wins, the favorite surprisingly does not, and the villains get their comeuppance. At least that's the way I see it from a ratings point of view.

;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks