What's new

The Amazing Race season 14 (1 Viewer)

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I don't believe it's in HD, but they have supposedly 'refreshed' it with new music and some other upgrades, notably 24-style split screens to show where teams are in relation with one another, which sounds cool.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
The entire cheese challenge was hilarious, though not so much as last season's "marching"
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Best non-All-Stars premiere since TAR6. I love that they refreshed it; the editing style and casting had gotten really stale and predictable as of late. Plus we had a rare legitimately unpredictable ending, not one that was forced by the editing. I loved the cheese task.

Greg Krewet

Premium
Supporter
Yes the cheese run was brutal but hilarious. It seems that this year, that there are more likeable teams then usual.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
The younger kid in the "Mel & Mike" group looks like an actor I've seen somewhere, I'd almost swear by it.. am I alone in that?

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Hilarious start! :laugh:

Too bad the bickering couple failed to cut the cheese, fighting couples are usually really entertaining to watch.

Tammy.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
(Love asian girls)

Apparently the word 'run' isn't in the vocabulary of the wife in 'Team Bumpkin'.

I couldn't help but laugh when the def kid , Luke signed to his mother "that hill was terrifying", I said "dude, you just did a Harrison Ford off of a dam!" lol.

Did anyone else notice that they showed almost nothing of them at the airport? They went from the starting line, to the plane to the destination, they didn't even show them buying tickets. Maybe they're going to cut down on that this season?

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial

I remember reading that not only have the show runners decided the cut down on the "airport and taxi" footage, the race itself was designed to be very hectic and fast-paced, so that very little time is spent *in* in the airport. It's definately more of a race this year (at least that's the intention).

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
A very good first episode with a lot of improvements in format. Still no HD yet which is a shame, but it's probably still a lot harder to do than with Survivor because of all the moving targets and in-car footage. That day should come, especially with "HD" Flip camcorders now on the market.
;)

Not as many people to hate this year. I loved it when "Team Stewardess" announced that with their knowledge of the ins and outs of flying that they should have some advantages over the others. You made it by the skins of your pearly whites, ladies. Next to last. Thank goodness the Bickersons were worse than you.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
The opening says that it is in HD, but not widescreen HD, I guess.

As for Mike White, if any of you haven't seen CHUCK AND BUCK, a film he wrote and starred in, see it NOW. He is a great writer.

He also was a writer for FREAKS AND GEEKS and appeared on an episode of that.

gregstaten

Supporting Actor

...and then we saw them running with wheelie suitcases. Suitcases? Are they out their minds??? Considering some of the locales they go to if they last very long those wheelies are going to become a real problem.

Good first episode and I definitely like the changes they've made so far. Looking forward to a good season!

-greg

JeffO

Stunt Coordinator
The cheese activity was fantastic! So much fun. Maybe I didn't hear the clue the so well, but I thought they had to use the cheese bracket to carry the cheese down. If it only said get the cheese down, I'm surprised someone didn't roll all four down the hill towards the goal. Would have been darn quick. That being said, the hick guy did very well in that challenge.

I liked that they hardly did any plane stuff. I liked having two flights to two different cities with the destination in the middle. Strategy required.

My breakdown of the teams:

Eliminated Preston and girlfriend: Very attractive woman, but man, she had issues. "He is so good to me," after he yelled at her. At least he treated her well after being eliminated. I'm shocked they were eliminated, from first glance, but the girl was so wimpy. He carried two cheeses, and she didn't do any!

Gay dad/gay son (that sounds funny, doesn't it): no opinion other than they are stereotypical gay, and the son looks like he is 47, not 32.

Flight attendants: older than I expected them to be. The one afraid of the dam is attractive, even though she has a very strong jaw.

Red headed ex-cheerleaders: I can tell they could be b!tchy, but they need to stick around, as they are stunning.

Mother/deaf son: like them so far.

Stunt brothers: like them, and they should go far with their athleticism.

Other dating couple: both seem mellow, good attitude. The girl is very cute.

Brother/sister: good so far, but I bet the brother becomes controlling.

Athletic older married couple: like them, think they will be strong.

Hicks: the guy is a jerk, but the wife should have known the race would be super tough. I'm surprised they weren't eliminated. Of all the remaining teams, this is the only one with 0% chance of winning it all.

Sisters: no opinion of them but I have to give massive credit to one of them - the girl fell hard on her behind/back with a 50 lb block of cheese on her torso, but didn't complain at all. Massive kudos to her for that, as that must have hurt.

One of the strongest groups in a long time. Could be a great season.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I'd like to know what kind of wood those packback thingies were made of, they came apart faster than Tammy Fay Baker under hot lamps lol.

It looked like Balsa wood lol.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt

Am I the only one that sees this as a potential great advantage? I mean, it's a disadvantage in all the obvious ways, but Sign Language is universal, and active in many countries. And the ability of the two to sign means they can communicate in the open information between themselves without raising alarms
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Besides, I like them. Thought they were a great team.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks