What's new

The Amazing Race season 13 (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
My friend and I were talking today about the whole Toni and Dallas being stuck in Russia situation and we think that even if the cameraman who was with them saw them leave their passport they weren't allowed to tell them because it falls within the domain of making the race more interesting and a valid handicap befalling a team to trip them up.

If that's the case than that's pretty messed up lol, the show needs to think ahead and say "hey, this could possibly become a really big problem for them after the race." which at that point was very soon.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It was hard to tell from the editing how soon it was that Dallas realized what had happened.

They made it seem instantaneous...but I keep thinking that if it was me I would have taken off running after that cab until I either caught it or it disappeared out of sight! :laugh:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I was thinking about how hard that last challenge was where the teams had to re-live the ten legs of the race and match up the images on that big board. I think I would have dropped dead from exhaustion and nerves thinking about how close I was to a million dollars combined with the sheer craziness of running sprints from board to box to box to box to box to box to board to box to box to box......

The excitement on their faces in the cabs as the two front-running teams made their way to the final pit stop was cool to see, too.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Me too, and it was all summed up perfectly by Starr..."That was hard!" lol.

I had to take a couple of pulls on my asthma inhaler watching that challenge lol.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
This has sort of become a staple of the game in the past few years, I think corresponding to a Survivor producer joining the show to punch up the challenges a bit. Isn't that a regular part of that show, as well?

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed this season.

By the way, it's time for TAR and Survivor to increase the top prize. The producers have made tons of money on these shows and can afford to increase the prize.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
A million is such a nice, round figure, though. I suppose The Amazing Race can go to "a million dollars each".

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Yup. Survivor has always had a "memory challenge" looking back on different parts of that particular season. Sometimes it has featured a quiz looking back on survivors past (name as many of the survivors voted off first as you can!).

I was specifically referring to the need to run straight out...with the pressure building of being so close to the finish line...and then running some more through the entire challenge. They must've been whupped. As a wise woman once gasped, "That was hard!" :D Good quote, John! :emoji_thumbsup:

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
I didn't notice who was missing at the finish line- I was too excited to see the tie-dyed beekeepers again.

I wish they would have said how close the teams finished. The first 2 seemed to be within minutes, but who knows how long it took Dandrew to make it? It was still daylight, but could have been the next day.

Maybe next season they can have a roadblock where people have to throw their passports into a shredder, then see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks