What's new

The Amazing Race 7 (1 Viewer)

Jake Gove

Second Unit
My wife and I call the brothers "Team Napoleon Dynamite", they sound just like the guy who played Napoleon, and they always have their mouths open like Napoleon.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
Well it was bound to happen. An online betting site has shutdown bets for AR7 due to an unusually high number of bets (with the max. $ possible) being placed for one team. Lightning has struck three times so far with the online betting, maybe it has struck a fourth.

1. Survivor Amazon, bets came in for Jenna and Matthew to be the final two, supposedly from CBS staffers.

2. Survivor Pearl Islands, bets came in for Sandra to win, most from near where she lived.

3. Apprentice 2, bets came in for the final 2 of Kelly and (whoever else, can't remember off hand).

4. AR7, bets have come in for......

Major spoiler possible.....

Team name deleted

Edit* forgot that the same thing happened on The Bachelor 2 and was also right, so this would be the 5th time.

(Admin note - I've deleted the team name, so if you want to find out, do so elsewhere, let's just enjoy the scenery along with the rest of the teams this season.)

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
in the background ****barrrrf****. (fingers in ears) lalalalalalala. That cracked me up. Flashback to the goulash eating task from last season. 4lbs of food, kudos to those who finished except for the gay son who's getting on my nerves.

Another close finish and I thought the possibility of a non-elimination round was imminent. Nope. Probably next week.

I'm rooting for the brothers. Napoleon Dynamite, funny with the addition of their "old school" head bands.:laugh:

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member

Jenn M.

This is my first season of TAR. I like it, but last night's episode didn't seem as intense as the first two. Maybe it's just because half of it was spent on the roadblock, but it wasn't as thrilling as the first two episodes. Still good though.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, a lot of the episode went to the unprecedented strategy of basically sitting on your butt for 4 hours to circumvent a roadblock. :D Rob learned quite a bit sitting around on the island on "Survivor" didn't he?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Yep. As clever as that strategy was (and how entertaining someone trying something new is), I'm willing to be that the penalty for punting a challenge in Race #8 will be something like a twelve hour delay.

Not that I'm terribly fond of food challenges, anyway. They're hardly exciting to watch, and this show at its best rises above snickering at people willing to make themselves sick for money.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
The ploy worked so well for Ray&Deana and Meredith&Gretchen only because Debbie&Bianca made such a bone-headed mistake. Based on that alone, I have no problem with them being eliminated. Unfortunately, they were kind of cute. No big smooch at the mat.

Rob&Amber were robbed (ahem) at the beginning; they were almost an hour ahead of 2nd place, and three hours ahead of the bottom half.

Given that the Roadblock limit is 6 per person completed -- although interestingly, Phil did not say that this time -- it may turn into a tactical advantage later for Rob and Meredith (and maybe even Deana :) )

Well, they're supposed to be predetermined. At this point, there's about a 1-in-3 chance that a round will be NE, so it could easily be dumb luck.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
NEL are planned way in advance as CBS handles ticket booking for one to "leave the race" at certain points.. so the ones were they didn't book that extra set, it's a NEL.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
As for NEL, the producers, in order to guard against being sued later on, probably provide that information to some independent third party in a sealed envelope. That way if someone were to cry foul they could just open the envelope and prove there was no behind closed doors manipulation.

I know it sounds crazy but I wouldn't doubt it at all.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I think a NEL is coming up soon...I think I read that episode 5 is two hours but I don't remember for sure.

James Landau

Stunt Coordinator
At the beginning as each team was leaving the pit stop, I found it rather amusing that Deana read their clue and couldn't pronounce the word "Andes" correctly.

I really groaned when I first heard that Rob and Amber were going to be in AR7. But now that I've seen them in competition, I've changed my mind. So far, I'm really enjoying what they've brought to the race and am even starting to root for them.

Also glad to see that all the teams seem to be getting along fairly well. No Colins or Jonathans this time out. All the bickering in the previous two races was becoming a bit of a downer for me and, had it continued, I think my interest in the show would have started to decline.

It was my impression that they never knew Rob and Amber stole their taxi. Their reaction/comments when they came back outside seemed to indicate that they thought the driver had just gotten tired of waiting and left. Did I miss something and they found out later?

todd s

Senior HTF Member
One thing that annoys me is that for example Rob and Amber, like someone mentioned before, had a 1 hour advantage to the next team. And a three hour advantage to the other teams. Yet, when they go to get their car..They all get stuck until 5am. I know its to keep the teams somewhat together. But, I think the teams in that situation should be able to get the cars in the order they finished at the last pitstop.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter

According to Tivo, you are correct. Episode 5: "I've Been Wanting a Face-Lift for a Long Time" is listed as 2 hours starting at 9pm.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks