What's new

The Amazing Race 7 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I love how Rob is using his and Amber's Survivor notoriety/celebrity to get help in Peru. Hilarious!

Debbie and Bianca are evil, I'm digging it. So are Mom and Son.

So, let's come up with team nicknames (not quite got a grasp of all of them yet):

Brian and Greg - Team Hermanos
Debbie and Bianca - Team Evil
Lynn and Alex - Team On Fire
Megan and Heidi - Team Barbie
Meredith and Gretchen - Team AARP
Ray and Deana - Team May/December
Rob and Amber - Team Survivor
Ron and Kelly - Team All-America
Ryan and Chuck - Team GOB (Good Ol' Boys)
Susan and Patrick - Team Mom/Son
Uchenna and Joyce - Team Ebony

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter

Hilarious nothing, it smells like a CBS plant. They just happen to stumble on a guy who speaks perfect english and spanish, who can drop what he is doing to follow them city to city, all the while getting the drivers to do his every beck and call? I smell fish.

Of course the producers can't be blamed, they know that the longer Rob and Amber stay in....$$$$$ & ratings

EDIT: Also the possibility exists that this is a publicity stunt for R & A's televised wedding

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Wow, that was one of the closest final 2 teams to arrive at the pitstop moments in TAR history.

I LOL! when they subtitled the bandana hillbilly.

Greg Krewet

Premium
Supporter
Some instant observations on the first show: Most annoying couple are Lynn and Alex. Best Line of the Evening. I'm glad I peed before I did this.
Best
Greg

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
Normally I feel like I missed out on something because of tight editing, but this episode really dragged. I really didn't need fifteen minutes of "where's the bus?" to convince me that they didn't know where the bus was.

Maybe I'm just bitter because I decided to root for Ryan and Chuck at the start of the show. :frowning:

Brad

Dave Gates

Agent
Did anyone else notice the Deliverance tempo banjo music they played when Team GOB were on the zip line. :laugh: Great start to the race.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Megan&Heidi: "Well, we started digging here first [for no reason], let's stick with it" -- not a good strategy.

Debbie&Bianca: ambiguously affectionate. And evil. Also: "Let's stop and think about which Detour to do.... Oh well, let's do the other one!"

Susan&Patrick: think they're evil. But they were in the front pack the whole time.

Ray: "Suck it up!"

I was kinda hoping Rob&Amber would be first, just because the other two teams were so worried about them, within their Evil Alliance. That would be funny, especially with their car trouble at the beginning. They were in first place for a short bit.

Guys, don't let those women ply you with their wiles. Demand actual favors.

Cold hard cash is probably better than romantic/exotic vacations.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
If Team Survivor had finished in first, and won even more money, you know the jealousy factor would have been amped up even more.

My Team Hermanos are horn-dogs, unfortunately.

Jeff*S*C*

Second Unit
I think i'm going with the Zach Braff brothers. They seem pretty cool although I keep catching myself rooting for Rob and Amber for some reason. I guess it's because I "know" them and are going to be good competitors.

AjayM

Screenwriter

I'm pretty sure it's not that hard to find an ex-pat in S. America, speaking English and Spanish isn't that big of a deal (they are probably the two most widely spoken languages in the world), and bribing a bus driver isn't that far fetched in poor(er) countries. Tipping the guy $20 doesn't seem like much, but to him it's probably 1-2 days worth of salary (if not more). We watch the wife beater and the whiner use "guides" all the time last season and is probably one of the smartest things a team could do if they had the chance.

But after all that I agree it could still be a "plant" for ratings, I certainly wouldn't hold it past a network to do it (maybe even unknowingly to the people in the race in front and behind the cameras).

Andrew

Chris

Senior HTF Member

I don't think so. In fact, I think that flying out of NY, they probably were able to strike up a kind of conversation with people on the plane that others couldn't, you know, "hey, yeah, we were the people on Survivor that won a million.. and we are guaranteed to be on TV a fair bit in this Amazing Race thing, because they will like filming us. Would you like to be on TV?"

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter

As they have every season, and no one can blame them. What stood out to me was how far this guy went with them. Most 'guides' help the teams find stuff in the city they are in, this guy went to 3 different cities with them. Last place I remember seeing him was in the rickshaw, and that was just a fleeting glance.

It's a conspiracy theory at best and most likely holds no water. Just very strange given that it happens around the same time as plans are under way for their "Ryan and Trista-esque" wedding.

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
I agree. Plenty of other AR contestants have been able to get people to do what Amber and Rob did last night. Amber and Rob should have an easier time of doing just that because they are easily recognized. I wouldn't be surprised to see them use this technique a lot during the race.

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
They're famous (somewhat). He probably got a real kick out of doing it.

If I was in that situation I would have probably done the same thing. Go Robfather! :D

Lars_J

Stunt Coordinator
I felt bad for the "hill-billies"... :frowning: I was rooting for them almost from the start.

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
What makes people think that roping and corralling two wild llama's is easier than carrying a grass filled basket for a pre-determined distance? I know nothing about llamas, but they seem like an animal that would not take kindly to abercrombie-dressed, hair gelled foreigners carrying ropes.

It seems these choices always involve picking from a choice of an unfamiliar challenge that is heavily dependent on outside forces or luck and the other a simpler task that involves walking, running or carrying something for a pre-determined distance. Someone always picks the more "interesting" one and then spends much of their time lamenting the bad decision and at times giving up and changing choices.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
The one couple (older) who figured the llamas did it the right way.. have one person hold both the reigns and move them while another stands behind them to "shoo" them. That worked. Everyone else tried this "one person per llama and let's pull them.." Once you get an animal moving in a direction, it generally will go along, and having one in front, one in back was the smart way.. I was amazed at all these people thinking they could just pull these things around like little animals.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
They made a point of mentioning that the village was at a pretty extreme altitude - 11,000 feet above sea level, right? Carrying a 35-pound basket 2/3 of a mile might seem more intimidating when you're already feeling short of breath.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks