What's new

The Amazing Race 5 a go.... (1 Viewer)

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Now this is great: Allison from Big Brother (who sometimes worried about how her boyfriend would view her antics in the house) and her boyfriend are one of the teams. Self-described as ‘…the best of the new-age adults… and don’t accept not getting our way.’ Ah, the selfish generation. ;)

And who represents the gay demographic?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I noticed that was missing, too. Of course, I only counted 11 teams, so maybe they dropped out. Or maybe one of the sibling or cousin teams has a gay member.

And one of the contestants is a dwarf. I don't see how they're not one of the first teams eliminated.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
First time Amazing Race watcher, and I must say that I am totally addicted. Wow. I can't believe I missed this show in the past. :emoji_thumbsup: to CBS for making such a great show!

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
This was pretty great - although the "Yield" bit looks pretty lame (a twist that leads to a team not doing anything; that sounds like it makes for exciting television), this was one of the best episodes of TAR I'd seen - lots of lead changes, very little in terms of just sitting around an airport, cool stunts, teams getting in trouble for not following directions, and even some funny editing. If the whole race is like this, it's going to be pretty sweet.

Although I have to laugh at how everyone talks about how they plan to manipulate the other teams or play dirty - has that ever helped on this show?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

I was sort of hoping the twins got the boot.

Loved the short clip of Allison busting her butt on the stairs.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
It was amazing how bad some of those teams were at spotting the markers. The twins missed two of them, right? Don't they already know the rule about having to get all the markers?

Was there supposed to be a twist for the last team to make the cut? Maybe at the start of the next episode?

Jeff*S*C*

Second Unit
Was there supposed to be a twist for the last team to make the cut? Maybe at the start of the next episode?
I was wondering the same thing.

I finally caught on to this show a few episodes into last season so this is my first time watching from the beginning. Do alot of people eat it like that at the start of the race? :laugh:

Lee L

Supporting Actor
I think what he was saying was that it was bad to get behind anyone since they could put the yeild on you.

It was good but there seemed to be a little more than the average whine quotient this week. Hopefully people will get over themselves in the next leg.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
"Loved the short clip of Allison busting her butt on the stairs."

I didn't think she'd annoy me so much, but after watching BB and now this I can't wait for her to get her ass kicked off!

B
Sorry Daniel:)

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
It's okay brentl, I have a feeling you're not the only one who feels that way, if I hadn't picked them, I'd probably be saying the same thing. :)

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
This was pretty great - although the "Yield" bit looks pretty lame (a twist that leads to a team not doing anything; that sounds like it makes for exciting television),
It may well turn out to be a bust Jason, but I immediately began to think of when a team would want to use this—early on you would want to pass unless you were a physically slower team with a small lead over only one or two younger, faster teams and you were pretty sure that you would lose out on the last sprint.

For example if the cousins or the Internet couple had a small lead on the twins towards the end of a segment, they could insure not losing by playing the yield card.

But I don’t see a reason to use it if your team was in the top 75% or so. After all there will more than likely be a bunch up the next day, so putting another team an hour behind probably won’t help that much.

The second place that I can see it being used is when there are six or fewer teams left. By now everyone will know the other teams and playing the yield card at the right time might actually eliminate the second place team.

Basically I figure that this is a strategic item that won’t be used very much. But the threat is interesting.

Does this that the place of the ‘fast forward’? I did not catch a mention of that last night.

Kevin Eckhardt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kevin Eckhardt
The twist for the last team is supposed to happen on non-elimination rounds. I'm going to guess that the team either gets delayed additional time before leaving or has to complete an additional task.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
I read somewhere that the last team will have all their money taken away at the pit stop
but I'm not sure if this applies to all rounds or not.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
The last-place team on non-elimination rounds loses their money. Kind of an odd choice, since I don't remember the last time a team being low on funds seemed to be an issue.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'm still waiting for "The Amazing Piggyback Race" season when you have to do the entire race with teams that ride piggyback on one another. :D Mirna's team would have a leg up on that one.

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes
Am I the only one who finds the voice of the taller cousin to be like nails on a chalkboard? Her whininess while toting that haunch of beef nearly drove me out of the room. I started routing for her elimination right then and there. But then, when her little cousin gutsily carried her bag and then picked up the haunch herself, I realized that that wouldn't be fair to her (the littler one). So, I just want the bigger one to SHUT UP.

Marc_Savoie

Stunt Coordinator
Am I the only one who finds the voice of the taller cousin to be like nails on a chalkboard? Her whininess while toting that haunch of beef nearly drove me out of the room. I started routing for her elimination right then and there. But then, when her little cousin gutsily carried her bag and then picked up the haunch herself, I realized that that wouldn't be fair to her (the littler one). So, I just want the bigger one to SHUT UP.
I found that team (both of them) to easily be one of the more annoying ones. Yikes. There CONSTANT whining and complaining that no teams are helping them with anything (why would any team assumingly help others?) and overall horrible play makes me look forward to their elimination. Although they could of course fall into a classic "love to hate them with all my being" teams like Ian & Terri and so many others from the past. Especially with innane comments like "Can we play some blackjack? We could double our money!" and "I can't wait to see Phil. He's so hot".
Although, Alison takes priority now and forever in needing to go ASAP.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks