What's new

The Amazing Race 21 (1 Viewer)

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Originally Posted by Stan /t/323940/the-amazing-race-21/90#post_4014461
I actually don't remember the team following another around the final city. To many seasons, to many shows. If you could refresh my memory it would be appreciated.

This is going all the way back to season 2. After running around San Francisco, Chris & Alex were in 2nd place, behind Will & Tara, who supposedly had the home field advantage. Chris & Alex decided that they just follow Will & Tara around, until they got out of their cabs to run to the final mat, as the guys knew that they could overtake the couple in a foot race.

And they were right, as Will & Tara had the lead and were running to the mat, but Chris & Alex caught up and passed them as they finished first and won the race.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Walter C said:
This is going all the way back to season 2. After running around San Francisco, Chris & Alex were in 2nd place, behind Will & Tara, who supposedly had the home field advantage. Chris & Alex decided that they just follow Will & Tara around, until they got out of their cabs to run to the final mat, as the guys knew that they could overtake the couple in a foot race.
And they were right, as Will & Tara had the lead and were running to the mat, but Chris & Alex caught up and passed them as they finished first and won the race.
Oh that's nasty. Followers until the very end, letting the other players leading them right to the end and simply winning because they had the physical ability to beat them.
Then again it's "reality" and people take advantage of others just like in the workplace, only to take credit for something and screw over the other people they work with.
But I've discovered that "karma" really does bite you in the ass. Winners like that usually regret what they did, how they treated other people and quite often end up very unhappy!

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Originally Posted by Stan /t/323940/the-amazing-race-21/90#post_4014932
Oh that's nasty. Followers until the very end, letting the other players leading them right to the end and simply winning because they had the physical ability to beat them.
Then again it's "reality" and people take advantage of others just like in the workplace, only to take credit for something and screw over the other people they work with.
But I've discovered that "karma" really does bite you in the ass. Winners like that usually regret what they did, how they treated other people and quite often end up very unhappy!
I think you are really, REALLY blowing the entire "following" things out of proportion (your use of "sheeple," for example). Much of what happens isn't following in that one team is totally and utterly lost, and must ride the metaphorical coat-tails of another team or teams. In reality, it's highly strategic to allow another team to exert energy (asking for directions, reading the map, etc) for your benefit--the strategy lies in determining whether or not you trust said judgment and are willing to accept the inherent risks involved (they could be wrong, and now you are behind).

This applies especially in the case of Walter's example from season 2: if you can gain an advantage in the FINAL LEG of a RACE FOR A MILLION DOLLARS, while ultimately relying on your own strength (foot race athleticism), then that is, in actuality, strategy. It's also how a lot of teams win. They didn't "treat" any team any specific way, and I'm sure they have no regrets.

There's also no such thing as karma.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Josh Dial said:
In reality, it's highly strategic to allow another team to exert energy (asking for directions, reading the map, etc) for your benefit--the strategy lies in determining whether or not you trust said judgment and are willing to accept the inherent risks involved (they could be wrong, and now you are behind).
This applies especially in the case of Walter's example from season 2: if you can gain an advantage in the FINAL LEG of a RACE FOR A MILLION DOLLARS, while ultimately relying on your own strength (foot race athleticism), then that is, in actuality, strategy.  It's also how a lot of teams win.  They didn't "treat" any team any specific way, and I'm sure they have no regrets.
There's also no such thing as karma.
I'm in complete agreement with you. Heck, I'd play the game, following others as long as I knew I was going the right way then bolt ahead at the end and win. May not be nice, but that final paycheck would make me feel pretty good. As I said, it's "reality" and you're in this game to win, not go down as "the nice guys who didn't quite make it".
The karma remark was meant as more of a joke. People are people, some succeed and some don't. It has just become such a popular phrase, I threw it in. I tend to be a bit sarcastic, but doesn't always come across in my writing, more of a verbal thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks