What's new

The Amazing Race 12 (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

He powered through it, though so that spirit I referred to earlier is still there and that'll keep me rooting for them. The fact that he didn't get even grumpier while in pain tells me that he's a good guy, just a tad overbearing lol.

MikeEn

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, he really showed he has guts. Intestinal fortitude. Showed that can stomach anything to win...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Everyone in my family was SURE tonight that Jason & Lorena
were finishing last in a non-elimination leg of the race.

Alas, it was not to be. They sure had a good attitude about the whole thing, though.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I was kind of surprised by that, too - in the past it's been "you got yielded, but it doesn't really matter" an awful lot. I also liked that at least one person in the race just said it was part of the game and not some moral test. Admittedly, Jennifer's "we choose not to yield because we're going to run the race like men" made me dig her even more, though the complaining that Azaria & Henekea didn't let her come in first deducted a couple cool points.

I'm glad the producers finally realized that watching people stand around at a Yield is boring and the U-Turn is potentially more interesting, visually.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I hope the addition of the U-Turn will mean good riddance to the Yield. Hopefully, the Intersection will be done away with as well.

After this episode, I like the Goths more, along with Nicholas & Donald.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I can think of a few reasons why Jennifer shouldn't claim to be running the race like a man. And the third one (:D) was that very whining about not being "allowed" to finish first. Isn't the whole idea of a "race" to come in first?! :thumbsdown: [pout]...but they've already two times where they finished first...[/pout] She DID, however, dance for the LA Clippers! :emoji_thumbsup:

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
The main thing about this episode was the introduction of the U-Turn, which I certainly had not heard about before seeing the episode. It's an interesting idea. It could be a greater or lesser time penalty than the Yield was, depending on the particular circumstances that it is played and exactly how long the Yield time penalty was (did we ever know that? I have "1 hour" in my head, but I don't know where that camre from), but the good thing about it is that it actually forces the team to do something. With the Yield they would just stand around and complain how unfair it is, where the U-Turn actually forces them to stop whining and actually do something productive. If they just accept the U-Turn and just move on and do their best at the other detour, they're in a better position than if they focus on how unfair it all is and allow that to detract from their detour performance.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Already down to six teams...and there hasn't been a single non-elimination round?! :eek: Wow!

My entire family was sure this week would be a non-elimination round. We were all surprised.

I was glad the show finally left Africa behind and moved on. It seemed like they were there much longer than usual.

======================

On a side note...I cannot help but notice that so many of the male contestants left in this season are jerks...Ronald, Nathan, Azaria, Donald (?). They are simply boorish and over-bearing. It almost seems like the folks doing the casting were looking for this. I hope not. I'm not one who believes yelling automatically equals good TV.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Hey, Donald's cool. The grandfather/grandson team is one of my favorites.

Also, I find Kynt & Vyxsin hilarious. Kynt, especially, is either the posiest poser who has ever posed, or they are seriously confused as to what "goth" is. They're gothlolly at best, but I am just endlessly amused by how "dark" they think they are when they're some of the most cheerful people on the race.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Like in so many things, I am in complete agreement with you on this Jason! :) I only included him with a question mark because the rest of my family finds him "grouchy." :D They are, indeed, one of my favorite teams.

I was struck by how TK seemed to be the only racer who had seen past episodes and got a native to help him navigate that confusing Lithuanian village. Oh...and Christina knew enough to hire a taxi to help them navigate the confusing streets. :emoji_thumbsup:

Kynt seems to like to say how much they like to "play dress up!" :D Vyksin, meanwhile, comes off as "sweet."

Have I missed Rachel's tattoo during the telecasts?! I saw this picture was was surprised. It seems so...prominent! :D

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Gosh, I hated seeing those Travelocity gnomes.

No female team winning this race, again. And I'm not upset that these blondes were gone. One of them just kept second-guessing the decision to use the U-Turn.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
And now they...and the team that was U-Turned...are gone.

How long before a member of another team says the blondes are gone because of "karma!" Lame. :thumbsdown:

Gnomeaphobia, Walter? ;)

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter

So I'm suppose to like them?

I know extreme product placement is never going away, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
It was visible at the end of the previous episode, at the Hotel de Ville pitstop.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think Christina and Ronald need to be disqualified because they are competing with 3 members on their team: someone or something named Hernia. :D

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

You have to figure the editors are laughing out loud every time they get the chance to include another one!

"Yes! He said it again!!!"
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
:laugh:

================================

They sure did spend a lot of time in this past episode with the purchasing of the airplane tickets. The way they emphasized that the transaction had to be made through an "official airline agent" or whatever that someone was going to screw it up...but that didn't happen. :confused: Loved the Lithuanian challenges though. I'm surprised one or more of the racers didn't punch out the Lithuanian locals who were trying to distract them from counting the fence posts! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks