What's new

The Alamo (2004) Director's Cut Question (1 Viewer)

mikey ra

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone read or heard anything about the possibility of getting the John Lee Hancock Director's Cut of the 2004 film version of The Alamo? I thought I read that a version being prepped, but I cannot remember what site rumored that edition.

I have read on the Alamo movie website that there was a much longer version of the film that was shown to test audiences and trimmed significantly after the test screenings.

Thanks for any info.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'd be curious to se this. I recently watched the current version, and thought it was pretty good, a little annoying with some un-necessary over-senimental scenes, but good.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I find it interesting that his upcoming project revolves around Sept 11, as I found that the Alamo had a definate post 9/11 vibe to it, too the point where my father actually commented that this is playing like propaganda. not that that's a bad thing by the way, there's nothing wrong with good propaganda, and if the Alamo qualifies as such (which it probably doesn't, the alegory is admittedly streached pretty thin), it is definately very good propaganda.

The film seemed to ring pretty true, as far as the characters behaved in ti (I'm no expert on american history or "the Alamo")so a DC that brought even more characterization would be most welcome.

mikey ra

Stunt Coordinator
I really liked it, but I'm from Texas and into reading its history and therefore probably biased.

I did think Dennis Quaid "over-acted" in some of the pre-battle speech scenes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks