What's new

International The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai coming to Blu...in Austrailia (1 Viewer)

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Well folks, looks like as of May 7th (according to "that other site"), one of my favorite cult favorites will be released on blu in Australia. And I've had some decent luck with Australian blu-rays (Journey to the Centre of the Earth) here in Florida, USA.

Of course this was a 1980s staple on HBO, Cinemax or The Movie Channel back in the day.
Anyone else interested in this one? Would appreciate any further info.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
AdventuresOfBuckarooBanzai.jpg

OK, had to reply to my own starter post. For some dumb reason, couldn't activate the image upload. Anyway, here it is.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
YES!!!!! Another great reason to own a region-free Blu-ray player!!! Hopefully it looks good.

"Lithium is no longer available on credit..."

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
The German disc looks and sounds great, certainly better than I've ever seen it in the theatre. Very natural looking, no noticable sharpening or DNR. I think most of the extras from the DVD have been ported over, but it's been a while since I've looked at that disc. I'm pretty sure it's region-free, too.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Thanks Worth! Looks like I'm going to have to place an order. BB is one of my favorite films of all time and I and absolutely NO idea it had been released on Blu in Germany. The DVD is pretty atrocious. Looks like an upgrade is in the offing. Too bad the extras are interlaced PAL tho...

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
dpippel said:
Looks like it's actually been available in Germany since last year and is supposedly region-free:

http://www.amazon.de/Buckaroo-Banzai-Die-Dimension-Blu-ray/dp/B00FTWJ1C2/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1399387230&sr=1-1&keywords=buckaroo+banzai

Has no one else noticed this Earth-shattering milestone or have I just missed the thread somewhere along the line???? Has anyone in North America imported this title? If so how about some impressions on A/V quality? Spill it! :)
Yes, I was aware of the German release and was considering that avenue of getting this film or waiting for a possible U.S. version. But this Australian version is a Godsend as well. Now to see where I can actually put in a order.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
My copy of the German released shipped from Amazon.de this morning. :)

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
OK, I've pulled the trigger and ordered my copy from Australia. Wanted to take advantage of the 20% off price on the intital offering.

I don't have a multi-region player yet so hope my luck with Australian blus holds. Speaking of which, I've been checking out Bombay Electronics. Have my eye on a Sony BDP 6200 Multi-Region Player. Definitely on the Christmas 2014 list.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Do you have a link to the Australian Blu? If so, can you post it and give us your review? Thanks!
Kyrsten Brad said:
OK, I've pulled the trigger and ordered my copy from Australia. Wanted to take advantage of the 20% off price on the intital offering.

I don't have a multi-region player yet so hope my luck with Australian blus holds. Speaking of which, I've been checking out Bombay Electronics. Have my eye on a Sony BDP 6200 Multi-Region Player. Definitely on the Christmas 2014 list.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
My copy of the German release should be here today or tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to it!

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Just watched the Australian blu last night on my Sony BDP-S590 and Vizio E-70. Totally blown away by the PQ and sound. It was like seeing this movie for the first time after only seeing it on late night cable TV.

I imagine you folks with higher end system will absolutely love this release.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Same thing with the German release. Other than some softness and artifacts during the title sequence, this Blu looks pretty phenomenal! It must be the oscillation overthruster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks