1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr. ?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Sven Lorenz, Nov 22, 2003.

1. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Well-Known Member

2. David Lambert

David Lambert Well-Known Member

"Do you have a sidekick?"

"Yeah, he's in Memphis. Tennessee. Home of Elvis, bay-bee!"

[​IMG] We're fortunate to be living in an age where the Internet lets us pursue this stuff from whereever we happen to be! :wink:

3. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Well-Known Member

I would love Brisco County on DVD but I think we'll get a couple more versions of Army of Darkness first.

4. PaulBigelow

PaulBigelow Well-Known Member

Hello,

I watched Brisco from the start. I guess this show was too much fun to have on TV. Oddly enough, I thought the pairing of Brisco followed by the X-Files was perfect. Somewhow these shows complimented each other.

Would buy the box set in a flash.

Since Bruce Campbell is in Spiderman II, there's the perfect marketing opportunity!

5. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Well-Known Member

Well, that's only a cameo. A better cross-marketing opportunity will be when Bruce gets nominated for an Oscar for his portrayal of Elvis in Bubba Ho-tep.

(One can dream)

6. Matt Pelham

Matt Pelham Well-Known Member

Not to try and hijack this thread, but while we're on the Bruce Campbell topic, how many would buy a Raimi/Campbell box set of all their early Super-8 college films and shorts?

I would love to see some of their stuff like "It's Murder" and "The Happy Valley Kid"

7. Rob Gardiner

Rob Gardiner Well-Known Member

Has there been any news on either BRISCO COUNTY JR. or JACK OF ALL TRADES?

And I think Matt has a great idea, I would love to buy a compilation of old Raimi/Campbell student films.

8. Linda Thompson

Linda Thompson Well-Known Member

9. Tory

Tory -The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-

Tory
    Count me in for a Brisco County Jr and a Jack of All Trades DVD release. Both shows were great and superior to the series they were paired with.

10. OdisN

OdisN New Member

Man, I was really hoping for some positive news on a possible release for Brisco from the Warner chat the other night.

Oh well...

11. Angela_K

Angela_K Well-Known Member

Angela
    I'd buy this in a heartbeat, I love this show, and it deserved to last longer. I'd buy a DVD release in a heartbeat [​IMG]

12. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp
    Supporter

Russell
    I was hoping for news on this as well. Looks like this is going to be the only complete series that I taped on VHS that I ewll actually have to copy to DVD to archive. My 2 other faves (Homicide and Twin Peaks) are coming out.

I'd rather buy a nice set of Brisco, I wish Warners would save me the trouble.

13. Jim Beaver

Jim Beaver Well-Known Member

I've never seen Brisco but I like Bruce Campbell his other show Jack of All Trades was pretty cool. I'm wondering why it isn't out yet? I mean Warner's got to know it's got a fanbase, it's number 3 on the most wanted dvd list at tvshowsondvd.com. I don't know why Warner isn't releasing it. Too bad Bruce isn't a bigger movie star or had a new tv show coming out. That might get the ball rolling.

Keep mentioning it in those phone calls though Gord they hasve got to crack sometime.

14. Jason Seaver

It's over ten years old, only ran for one season (a long season, 26 episodes plus two-hour pilot), and there's not an obvious other project to piggy-back it on. On top of that, it's weird - a funny western action-adventure western with sci-fi elements. If you're Warner, do you use resources on this strange niche show, or something that's either a a franchise entry or a new release?

Not that I agree with this, mind you, but I see the logic.

15. Gord Lacey

I wonder if it would be better for them to break it into 2 volumes, since there are so many episodes. A 27 episode set could be what's holding them back.

Anyone know what the music was like on the show? Should be nice and easy, since it's set awhile ago.

Gord

16. Jason Seaver

Music shouldn't be an issue; it was all score as opposed to songs. The only possible issue I can imagine is that NBC Sports was using the theme throughout much of the nineties; I've heard that they "bought" it, although that may just have been people using incorrect terms (kind of like how "syndication" is often used to mean "third-run").

17. Rick P

Rick P Well-Known Member

Gord...

I think people might be put off by making it 2 sets (and actually I think you might have to call it 28 episodes, 2 hour pilot). Remember 'Son of the Beach'

Music shouldn't be an issue, all of Dixie's performances are either original songs or 'period' pieces...

oh yeah.. speaking of SOTB....

WHERE'S MY JOHNSON?
    and WHERE'S MY BUSH!

[​IMG]

18. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley Well-Known Member

I see that Amazon.com has Brisco County Jr. DVD listed but shown as not released as of yet, but you can ask them to email you on the announcement of it's release...maybe a chance now??
    G2

19. MichaelScott

MichaelScott Well-Known Member

Just a little suggestion, if anyone wants Brisco County Jr. released on DVD go to Amazon and click on that email notification. Couldn't hurt. Between it being rated high on the wanted list on TVShowsOnDVD and Amazon maybe they'll get the hint. I've noticed within the last few months a lot of short run series being announced or released so there is hope. ex: Kolchak, Buffalo Bill, Ned & Stacey, Nowhere Man, etc..

Also Jack of all Trades is listed on amazon as well.

20. Gord Lacey

Warner Bros is VERY aware that fans want the show on DVD because I keep reminding them.

"Oh... want to know what's #3 on the site? BRISCO!"

"Soooo... are you working on Brisco yet?"

"Did you know Bruce Campbell's book was #19 on the NY Times Best Seller list..... he's the star of Brisco!"

"Hey, Anchor Bay has released the Evil Dead movies about 20 times. Did you know Bruce Campbell is in those and Brisco?"

Gord [​IMG]