What's new

The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr. ? (1 Viewer)

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor
Why isn't this show on DVD yet?

While it wasn't a big ratings success it does have a big and loyal fanbase.

Warner has put out so many TV Shows on DVD but I've never even heard a rumour about Brisco County, Jr. - it wouldn't even be that much work - it's only a single season after all.

This was a big pet project of Bruce Campbell so he would probably be happy to do some commentaries for the set.

Has anybody heard anything about a possible DVD release?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Warner has put a bunch of shows out on TV, but mostly (entirely?) current hits. A single-season show from ten years ago is a riskier proposition.

Supposedly, Columbia House was putting it out on VHS, but I don't know how well that did, if Warner was using that to gauge demand. Brisco is the sort of thing that's so far off the radar that it would probably take Bruce getting another TV series (one which does well) for Warner to consider dusting it off.

It's also the sort of thing that Anchor Bay could just kick all sorts of butt with, but unfortunately Warner doesn't license their properties out much.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Trust me, I'm working on Warner Bros to release it. Almost every time I talk to them I try and work it into the conversation. I would hope that it would sell something like B5. Not a mega hit, but nothing to ignore. With the show only lasting 1 year there's no fear from the fans that it may be dropped, and Bruce fans that haven't seen the show could make a blind purchase and know that they have the entire thing.

BTW - Warner hasn't really released tons of TV product. Compared to their catalog, they are really sitting on some gems.

Gord

Rick P

Supporting Actor
Gord.. The Columibia House tapes still sell for reasonable bucks on eBay.. it they did a good job with this it would sell like gangbusters, add some outtakes, an interview with the cast, commentary...

AND WHILE THEY'RE AT IT (It may not be a WARNER PROPERTY so it may not be feasable) get a 'same day' release with "Jack of All Trades", only a 22 epidoes 30 minute show, but was a lot of fun... )

gawd.. now I got the theme stuck in my head ("In 1861, the Revolution had been won, and Uncle Sam's favorite son, had a job that needed done...")

Jari

Stunt Coordinator
Yes thank you Gord! I really want Brisco on dvd. I still haven't seen the last episode 'cause there was electric shortage during airing...:frowning:

Jack of All Trades sound good to me too... Bring it on! Bruce is the man! :emoji_thumbsup:

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
Here's another big Bruce fan who's eagerly awaiting this. When I met him in person a couple summers ago, this is one of the things I asked him about, and he knew of no plans at the time.

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
I'd buy a Brisco Box set in a second. I really love(ed) this show and have been awaiting a DVD release for years.

Rick P

Supporting Actor
Bruce fans that haven't seen the show could make a blind purchase and know that they have the entire thing.
Ditto for JOAT (Jack of All Trades) these would fly off the shelf if someone would get their act together and get it done..

Considering the relationshop between Anchor Bay, Sam Rami (who did both Brisco and JOAT) and Bruce.. this would SEEM to be a flat NO BRAINER for them do to (in particular JOAT since Sam's Rennisance Pictures did that.. not WB).

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Sam Rami (who did both Brisco and JOAT)
Sam wasn't involved with Brisco; it was created by Jeffery Boam (Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade) and Carlton Cuse (Nash Bridges), and had a handful of other producers (who, tellingly, tended to cast the Brisco crew a lot in their later shows).

Sam did work with one of Brisco's main producers, John McNamara, later on Spy Game, another short-run series which I'd dearly love to see on DVD.

Ryan FB

Second Unit
I'd definitely love to see this on DVD, I watched quite a few of the episodes on TV and enjoyed them thoroughly. Obviously, Bruce Campbell fans are a selling force...how many times have the Evil Dead films been released (and re-released, and re-released, and re-released...), again? ;)

Rick P

Supporting Actor
Sam wasn't involved with Brisco; it was created by Jeffery Boam (Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade) and Carlton Cuse (Nash Bridges), and had a handful of other producers (who, tellingly, tended to cast the Brisco crew a lot in their later shows).
Ooops... brain slip... Sam and Bruce seem so joined at the hip at times it's hard to seperate them (grin).

(I just had a mental scene of Lord Bowler interacting with Jack Stiles.... AIEEEEEEEEE!)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'd pick this up in a heartbeat, as the show was a lot of fun!

Put my vote in for a JOAT set as well, which would be kick ass if combined with the Cleopatra show that it ran with in the "Action Pack" block (if that is in fact what they called it.)

Gord, keep up the good work banging tha drum on these releases out of E-Town! And thanks for all the work your doing on Kids In The Hall!

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
Cleopatra 2525 Season 1 is available in R2 UK. There is at least one US place renting it.

Personally I'd go for Brisco and JOAT in a HEARTBEAT!

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I'd like to see some of the early Renaissance Pictures movies released. Columbia seems to just be sitting on Lunatics: A Love Story for instance. And the Darkman movies could all stand better releases.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
And Crimewave. Surely, there has got to be a market for a movie that is both early Sam Raimi and early Coen Brothers. Why is MGM (I think) sitting on this?

Rick P

Supporting Actor
Cleopatra 2525 Season 1 is available in R2 UK. There is at least one US place renting it.
There's a better set available in R4, the R2 set crams the entire 1st season into 2 discs (and disc 2 appears to be OOP).

The R4 set cover all the 1st season, and all but 6 eps of season 2 (the last 6 1hr eps). I've contacted the publishers and the tenative plans are for another 3 disc set in '04 to Finish the entire run.

box 1

box 2

Rick P

Supporting Actor
Box 1

Season 1
1. Quest for Firepower
2. Creegan
3. Flying Lessons
4. Mind Games
5. Home (1)
6. Rescue (2)
7. Run Cleo Run
8. Choices
9. Perceptions
10. Trial and Error
11. Double
12. Last Stand

Box 2

13. Hel and Highwater (1)
14. Hel and Highwater (2)
15. The Watch
16. Baby Boom
17. Brain Drain
18. Mauser's Day Out
19. Reality Check
20. The Pod Whisperer
21. Out of Body
22. Juggernaut Down
23. Truth be Told (1 hr episodes from here till end)

Missing, should be in box 3

24. In Your Boots
25. The Soldier Who Fell From Grace
26. No Thanks for the Memories
27. Noir or Never
28. The Voice

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks