What's new

The A-Team -- The Complete Series (1 Viewer)

70sTVlover

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick
Hi folks, just thought I'd let you know that Universal Playback, that's region 2 have announced a complete set for the A-Team. Looks pretty cool, due for availability on October 8th.
Here's a link for the artwork, playback are holding a competition:
http://www.universal-playback.com/in...=425&Itemid=91

Remember this is a region 2 release, not region 1 unfortunately.
- Nick

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Same here; all 5. It will be interesting to see if an R1 release pakage will give others a price break vs the individual sets. The complete-set route is unpredictable on TV/DVD sets. Some offer reduced-pricing and others are about the same cost as buying the individual sets. I'm almost through viewing the S4 set.

70sTVlover

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick
Yeah I wont be buying it though, but isnt it Universals first complete series set?

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Technically, it's not Universal releasing this - it's one of their international companies, which aren't always associated with the U.S. divisions.

Having said that, if they did release it in R1 I might consider it, if the price is right, since I don't have any of the current sets.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
The box is neat. If it comes to the US and the discs are single-sided, it might be worth eBaying what I've got for it.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Actually, that footlocker DVD books looks kind of smooth. Not enough to replace my current sets, mind you - but it does look stylin'.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
The Complete set is getting released next Tue 06/08 . Does anyone know if the discs are single-sided in the complete series release?

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'll tell you for sure on Tuesday.

However, going by Amazon's disc count for the original season sets, there were 16 discs making up all five seasons. The new complete series box is supposed to be 25 discs.

If all that is correct, that would have to mean the new set contains single sided discs.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by The Obsolete Man

I'll tell you for sure on Tuesday.

However, going by Amazon's disc count for the original season sets, there were 16 discs making up all five seasons. The new complete series box is supposed to be 25 discs.

If all that is correct, that would have to mean the new set contains single sided discs.

Shane,

Thanks, I noticed that disc count too - it looks like it'll be s/s discs. Nice :)

ellachan91

Auditioning
Real Name
ella chan
Alias DVD boxset
Arrested Development DVD boxset
As Time Goes By DVD boxset
Battlestar Galactica DVD boxset
Buffy the Vampire Slayer DVD boxset

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Originally Posted by Jeff Willis

Shane,

Thanks, I noticed that disc count too - it looks like it'll be s/s discs. Nice :)

I agree! It's great to see that Universal is converting the doubles to singles. They did it with "Vice," and now they're doing it here. Smart move on their part!

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Now, if they would just rerelease Quantum Leap in a full series package, and pony up the cash for "Georgia on my Mind" for the episode "MIA", Everything would be fine in Universal-land.

If I remember, I'll take some pics of the A-Team packaging tomorrow so everyone can nitpick at it.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

There's a few pics of the complete set.

And, yes, single sided discs for all seasons.

The set itself is roughly the width of a single set, and a little shorter in height, so it should be easily storeable on a normal DVD rack.

Basically, you pop open the back flap, and the sets are housed inside.

Seasons 1 and 5, which have less episodes, both came with floaters. No damage to the discs, though. So if you buy the set, watch out for those.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

There's a few pics of the complete set.

And, yes, single sided discs for all seasons.

The set itself is roughly the width of a single set, and a little shorter in height, so it should be easily storeable on a normal DVD rack.

Basically, you pop open the back flap, and the sets are housed inside.

Seasons 1 and 5, which have less episodes, both came with floaters. No damage to the discs, though. So if you buy the set, watch out for those.

Shane,

Great info! Thanks for the post. I have a question about the "floaters". Do you mean that there are 2 discs that aren't housed in regular storage cases?

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Jeff Willis

Shane,

Great info! Thanks for the post. I have a question about the "floaters". Do you mean that there are 2 discs that aren't housed in regular storage cases?

No, what I meant was that in the season 1 and 5 sets is that, during shipping, a disc in each set had come loose and bounced around inside the DVD case... most likely because those seasons only have 4 and 3 discs, while the other seasons are packed in there with 6 discs per set.

It's just something to watch out for if you can find the set at a brick and mortar store. Otherwise, there's nothing you can do about it until the set arrives.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
No, what I meant was that in the season 1 and 5 sets is that, during shipping, a disc in each set had come loose and bounced around inside the DVD case... most likely because those seasons only have 4 and 3 discs, while the other seasons are packed in there with 6 discs per set.

It's just something to watch out for if you can find the set at a brick and mortar store. Otherwise, there's nothing you can do about it until the set arrives.

Thanks, I forgot about that "floater" reference.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks