What's new

The A-Team (2010) (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
After seeing The Hangover, I actually think Bradley Cooper would make a great Faceman. But Liam Neeson, while a great actor, doesn't have George Peppard's all-American grit.

But let's assume they found an actor with the qualities needed for Hannibal, and found the take on "Howling Mad" Murdock. They're still left finding a new B.A. Baracus. Mr. T is the role, and the role is Mr. T. I can't think of anyone else today that has the same mix of character and physicality.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Someone suggested Michael Clarke Duncan. Physically, not bad. Don't know about the rest. This guy is "rumored at IMDb to be the leading choice":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_(rapper)

Give him a mohawk and I can see it. Never heard of him, so I don't know about the rest with him either.

It's weird to me that Cooper is suddenly becoming popular. I knew him from Alias and then he seemed to disappear.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Oh, I thought you said Leslie Nielsen, not Liam Neeson to play Hannibal. That would've been weird.

Ben Osborne

Second Unit

At 83 years old, the A-team van would need a wheel chair ramp if that was the case. At least the white hair would match Peppard's.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Liam Neeson brings the "cred", though I agree he'll never pass for All-American. But what he does bring is worth it.

Common is a good actor with a good screen presence (I base this on Smokin' Aces, another Carnahan film). He does not have T's physical presence (he is taller, but less wide), but he does have presence.

Like I said, the talent is interesting, even if the pedigree is a little silly.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I pity da foo that tries to cast B. A. Baracus. ;)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
He seemed gritty enough (with a passable American accent) in Taken, although that may be more than necessary. Mel Gibson would probably be ideal for the role, but I don't see him as being terribly interested.

As for casting B.A., I always figured they should go as far from trying to replicate Mr. T as possible. As in, Sammo Hung (no reason he can't be a demolitions expert who hates flying as well as dropping the unexpected martial arts skillz). Of course, I'd cast Chris Tucker as Murdock, so there'd be a little something for everyone to hate.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Craig_O

Agent
And for something totally out of left field, get either Kimbo Slice or Gary Coleman for B. A. Baracus!!

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Just when you thought the world was safe for tires again. Goodyear should make a killing off of this movie.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Neeson looks just like Peppard there. The rest, not so much. I'm not a fashionista, but Cooper is making that suit look shabby. Face never would. Murdock looks like David Patrick Kelly. I expect him to say, "BA, come out to plaaaaaaaay!" Or, maybe, "Let go or you'll draw back a stump," a la Dreamscape.

Doesn't really matter. I never see these childhood favorite updates.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Greg_S_H

I'm not a fashionista, but Cooper is making that suit look shabby. Face never would.
Ironically, Bradley Cooper made the most sense of any of the casting choices and seems the least the character there. Whoever decided to give him the couple days beard growth for this movie should be shot. Of all the characters, Faceman needs to be clean shaven. Liam Neeson looks fantastic; as long as he's affecting an American accent, I hope he approximates George Peppard's voice. It'd be easy to play Hannibal with a gravelly voice, but Peppard's voice was always deceptively warm and wholesome sounding. He could be threatening an armed wacho, and it'd sound both dangerous and a bit like friendly advice from grandpa. If they wouldn't get Mr. T back, they made the right choice by hiring a fighter who can (hopefully) act, much like the show hired a bodyguard (and onscreen boxer) for "B.A." Baracus the first time. So soon after seeing the South African Copley in District 9, I had trouble picturing him as Howlin' Mad Murdock. In the baseball cap and leather flight jacket, though, it kind of works.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks