What's new

The 4400 Season 4 (1 Viewer)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
It didn't seem that the Dead Zone folk knew for certain that this was going to be the last season for it either. They did wrap a few things up, though. I am sad that they have canceled both of these series. I would really like a closing mini-series for The 4400 to bring more closure to the series.

Neil

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Oh you gotta be frigging kidding me!!! :angry:

After all these seasons as a loyar viewer of both shows, USA can't leave us hanging like this!

Bastards!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
TDZ had been pretty much cancelled before getting a last minute renewal for last season. That was a gift, owing entirely it its compatibility with the better performing 4400, that could have been used to finish the story. Instead, they wrapped up the story in one episode and went back to the mystery of the week episodes.

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

Hoping that this might be the case for ``The 4400'' and ``The Dead Zone''...a movie or miniseries to wind up all the plots. Still :frowning: that both were canceled. I echo what a lot of viewers have said about a gap now in summer programming.

LCD22

Screenwriter

Ironically, although I expect "Monk" to get renewed (I mean it’s USA's and cable’s most-watched series in television history), the network hasn't yet officially announced whether it will be back for a seventh season, and the only series whose fate is unknown. None of the cast members know if they're coming back, and they have all stated they would come back if there's a 7th. As it stands, there's no resolution to the "Trudy" arc or any of the other loose ends to bring this series to an end. The contract for the series is up, as well as Tony Shalhoub's (whose contract was up back in September). Andy Breckman said they were in renegotiations, and he talked about discussing how long to go with Tony, who both agree that eight seasons would be a good run for this series. But of course, nothing was set in stone. I guess fans will have to wait until the writers' strike ends, to learn its fate. I personally like to see one more to wrap everything up, and give this series a "classic" ending.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if it's got anything to do with The 4400 and The Dead Zone being produced by non-Universal companies. Even if The 4400 does fairly well, NBC Universal doesn't get the chance to repurpose it, sell second/third-run rights, or any of the DVD/internet money.

EDIT: Yep, a little IMDB-fu shows that the two series described more or less replacing them on USA's schedule/budget in this article are Universal productions.

LCD22

Screenwriter
There goes any chance of any kind of resurrection on USA Network. I just read the following on TV Series Finale's TV News Briefs for December 20, 2007:

If anyone wants to start voicing their desire to see a direct-to-DVD conclusion to "The 4400", you can contact CBS/Paramount through the CBS Store. I'll see if I could find a way to contact Lionsgate, which handles "The Dead Zone".

And please feel free to post any additional contact info you may have for both CBS/Paramount and Lionsgate in the meantime.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks