What's new

The 4400 Season 4 (1 Viewer)

Bryan Toth

Stunt Coordinator

I thought "Tom" was going to kill Maia too ... I guess they (they - meaning the future people) figured that would just drive Diana after "Tom" too much and wouldn't help their mission in the long run.
To me, it looks like they had Jordan in the same operating room environment that Tom was in when he received his "mark" (which now appears to be some form of nanite/miniature robot). I guess that initial shot that "Tom" gave him was just some form of sedative.
I actually hope they're able to save Tom (I like Joel Gretsch too much in the role for him to be killed off) but he did take two in the gut and it *is* the season finale next week. I hadn't heard he was leaving, but it seems like it's always possible on this show.
As far as Kyle's powers go - I think she might actually be working with the same people that "Tom" and the National Security Director (or whoever she is) are working with. She's been leading Kyle to believe that he's helping the movement when maybe all along she's just been playing him to get Jordan out of the picture????

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
That seems to be the case more and more. He must be starting to realize that she is leading him down a dangerous path.

Now the big question is what is going to happen with Jordon. If they do save Tom, will he be able to turn Isabelle back into "good" quickly enough for people to know what has happened to Jordon and to reverse that process?

There are lots of balls in the air and it seems incredible that there is only one episode left. How much will be resolved?

Neil

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
with future tom "dead", that means isabella has no failsafe switch, that means she can make her own choices? man, this season has geared up to be a huge arc =). i really dig it. it has certainly come a LOOOONG ways from season1. why do TV series take 3 seasons to figure things out when shows like Lost, BSG, Heroes figured things out from the get-go?

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
How about the irony of Shawn's brother new found "ability". It seems his is the totally opposite of Shawn's. Shawn can heal people. His brother seems to either make them really ill or kill them, from the looks of his mother's reaction when he went to visit her.

Tom HAS to survive. He's the main character and one of my favorites.

This season has been great!

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Right. Just my assumption after seeing how the mother got really sick within seconds of Shawn's brother showing up. IMO, it'd really make sense in an ironic kind of way to give him this "destructive" ability after Shawn told him multiple times not to take the shot. That, plus Shawn's ability to heal would make the brothers total opposites.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Just an absolutely brilliant episode. This entire season was on fire as far as writing goes, they really found how to use the first two seasons as solid setup, and they've now changed the course of how you could view this show.

Tonight's episode was from start to finish well thought out and incredibly well scripted. The script was tight, focused and it made you feel on the edge of your seat as to what the heck was going on.

I mean, we knew in the end what was happening: the positives were taking over the city, but it's how it came about.. and the rise of the more telegenic, beer-hall-puscht Jordan Collier that was rousing for the people as well as troubling for how dismissive it was for the thousands of dead.

Incredibly well written. This opens up all sorts of avenues for how to go from here.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I just realized something about last night's episode. When Collier spoke on the capital steps and called those who died "Heralds" of a new great future.. what would that new great future be? Are they Heralds of more with abilities, or Heralds of the death of those genetically not-predestined to get abilities?

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Great finale. I thought they were going to make us wait until next season to see what abilities the NTAC agents were going to get. Still stinks we have to wait another year for new episodes. :frowning:

On a side note. Can you imagine getting an ability and its a lame one? :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
You mean like turning pens into flowers?

I watch this show, but I think I'm not enamored with it because I seldom feel much for the characters since the plot swings and changes are so fast and furious. So when stuff happens, I just brush it off, waiting for the next shoe to drop and seeing how it all plays out.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Better than a bad one, like Shawn's brother. The character was kinda annoying: "I want to be special!". OK kid, now you're special. Oops, now you're a killer. Wait -- now you're dead.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I liked that twist, though.. it basically tells us not all powers have any good to them.. some may just be bad powers from the beginning.

Bryan Toth

Stunt Coordinator
I think Adam really nailed it on the head and echoed a lot of what I wanted to say, so I won't really repeat it all, except to say that I love that each season finale has really taken this show in a new direction (in a good way, IMO) and this one was no exception. With the city under Collier's control (it didn't look like he was going to step down) and a large number of people with new abilities, It obviously has to affect the way that NTAC and the government deal with "positives" (since so many of their own are now among that group). Short of a military attack, I'm not sure how they (NTAC/police/etc) could ever forcibly get back control of the city.

I'm just hoping we get to see a season 5 ... I know numbers had been down a bit this season, but over on Jacqui McKenzie's myspace page, she said that they don't know yet if they're coming back. Let's hope USA gets on the ball and makes an announcement sometime soon. I'd hate to see the story just dropped like that. I want to see what ability Tom's going to get!! :)

todd s

Senior HTF Member

Or like in the movie Sky High. If you have no superpower or if its lame (like becoming a human glow stick) you become a "sidekick". :D

Also, I wonder if the writers showing the NTAC members powers were two-fold. The main reason being to leave you with questions for next season. And a second reason. As a gift to the fans if for some reason they DON'T get renewed for another season. They would have answered a question fans would be dying to know.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Any one here whether USA decided to renew for a fifth season? So far the only one of their summer series to get renewed for next season is Psych.

I know they were on the fence about this season, with tough budget cutbacks — they could only afford Conchita Campbell and Billy Campbell for 10 episodes each, and had to drop Peter Coyote altogether.

LCD22

Screenwriter

They've also renewed "Burn Notice" for 13 episodes next summer. There's nothing on "The 4400" yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks