What's new

The 2004 Emmy Discussion thread (1 Viewer)

Seth--L

Screenwriter
[At the First Annual Montgomery Burns Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence awards show]
Lisa: This award is the biggest farce I've ever seen.
Bart: What about the Emmys?
Lisa: I stand corrected.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
Dead Like Me gets one nomination? Bullshit.

All three supporting actresses on Sex and the City get nominated? Bullshit.

Janel Moloney and Stockard Channing get nominated for The West Wing? Bullshit.

"The Reagans" gets nominated for writing? Bullshit.

Four writing noms for The Sopranos? Yeah, it was good, but FOUR NOMS? Bullshit.

I absolutely agree with everyone here that Ian McShane got robbed in the lead actor category, but I would have also given Willian Sanderson the nod over Brad Dourif in the supporting category. And the show definitely deserved to be in the Best Drama Series category over an unsurprisingly disappointing season of The West Wing. Bullshit.

Finally, who do I have to screw in Hollywood to get some nominations for Gilmore Girls. It's criminal how they don't recognize that show. Bullshit.

Brad

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I also thought "Dead Like Me" had an incredible first season and deserved more recognition then 1 nom.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Great to see Anthony Lapaglia nominated for Without a Trace, even though the rest of the show was completely ignored in favor of The West Wing, which most people said had an awful year.

Ritter won 20 years ago for Three's Company, so I don't know what the point of this nomination is - it's not as if his episodes were memorable. James Garner and Katey Sagal could have been nominated for their work in the "Goodbye" episode.

Betty White, Cloris Leachman, and Tyne Daly again? Bless them all, but has there ever been a year when one of them wasn't nominated?

No Jonathan Adams for American Dreams. Disappointing, but not surprising.

James_G

Stunt Coordinator
Cocksuckers! Ian McShane was a shoo-in, screw Martin Sheen. When is the Academy's hard-on for The West Wing going to go limp? Jesus.

And how did The Reagans get FOUR FREAKING NOMINATIONS? Were there only five made-for-tv movies this year or something? Did they need to pad the categories? That's just sad.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
What happenned to the effects categories? Do they still exist?

He was nominated for Guest Actor in a Drama Series.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Or they didn't think that cursing a blue streak really displays that much talent.

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
If your favorite shows didn't get enough nominations, maybe it's because:

1. They didn't kiss enough emmy butts
2. The emmys have become political (ya think?)

Remember, the org. doesn't vote for the nominations, those are chosen by groups in each section, then the whole org votes based on the nominations. Exceptions might be best drama, comedy, actor, etc.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

I was really hoping this would get a Nod too. Even Reno 911 is better than Will and Grace these days.

What is up with these people?

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Every time I think of Will & Grace anymore, I think of the Sealab2021, in which it's on their ASHDTV and a gay character replies: "Someday we will look back on this in shame of exploitation.." and so forth.. cracked me up.. because basically, that's all W&G has boiled down to.

Brad Grenz

Second Unit
Yeah, I never saw how Will and Grace was supposed to be some kind of breakthrough. It's a pretty standard minstrel show, if you ask me. Yeah, gay stereotypes are comedy genius!

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
No Emmy discussion? I usually don't care, but I've actually gotten back into TV.

So far, we've seen David Hyde Pierce and Michael Imperioli get the Supporting Actor awards and Cynthia Nixon for Supporting Actress.

Arrested Development got some love in its directing and writing categories. Hopefully, it can pull best comedy series. :)

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Drea DeMatteo just got the supporting actress drama award.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I was really happy with the two "Arrested" wins so far. Not so thrilled about David Hyde Peirce's win, but he did a really good speech. Mitch's speech has been the best so far.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Walter Hill won best drama series director for Deadwood. Go Deadwood. I'm not familiar with Hill's film work, but I know he produced some of the Alien movies. :)

I think I should quit it with these posts unless there's something really exciting going on. :)

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Darn. I was hoping they'd show a clip from Angel in their little best of montage, but I was too hopeful. :frowning:

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
Yes! I'm so happy for Arrested Development. Mitch Huritz had the funniest speech thus far. Poor Jeffery Tambor. That makes like 71 Emmys for DHP right?

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor

Me too. Blah, I'm pissed how Alias hasn't won anything. Not even a technical award. Did they show best actress in a drama series yet? I keep flipping back and forth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks