What's new

Directors The 00's so far- the Draft (1 Viewer)

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
I may do my future drafts 8-1, 1-8, but this one stays the same as its already begun, I have two other drafts that are the same way going right now, and several other drafts that run that way are out right now. For people who understand the rules and join, it musn't be a big deal, because they joined, and all of these 1-8 drafts have been successes. As for the fairness of it all, just ask Gon, because his points are quite good. Enough said on the subject...

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Chuck, Foreign film Draft 2 and Cinematography draft are run by SteveGon, and the Horror Draft is run by Erik. Only the 90s one is mine.

ErikG

Senior HTF Member
Yeah but when there's a limited number of quality selections, the first few guys get the shaft. I realized this from my Western Draft. True, I got the first pick, but by the time it got back to me, the fire sale on the better selections was pretty much over.

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
Yeah but when there's a limited number of quality selections, the first few guys get the shaft.
When there's a limited number of quality selections, then SOMEONE is going to get the shaft anyway. I think that's why I had trouble getting 8 people for the Television Draft.

If it's 1-8, 1-8 then the last guys get the shaft, limited number of quality selections or not.

ErikG

Senior HTF Member
Chuck, yes, it's inevitable someone will get the shaft when the quantity is limited, but it seems a bit more unfair for the person who started the Draft and the first people to join to be the ones getting it.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Hey, Justin, answer my question! Do you think going 1-8 in every round is fair? Looks like cheating to me.
:rolleyes

Going 1 - 8 (especially in eight person drafts) seems to make things go faster. It also depends on what you're selecting. In the cinematography and foreign film drafts, the pool of choices was so large, and individual tastes so varied, that there was little "pick-stealing." Besides, I thought we were supposed to pick the films we like, not just go for the "grails?" That's how I play it (of course, I always lose). Anyway, I'm getting tired of the complaining - running these drafts does take time and effort, you know.

Justin, I'd love to help you out, but I'm really a bit overwhelmed at the moment with all these other drafts. Also, I'm not that up on recent releases - gotta get out more! Sorry. :)

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
I don't want the draft to get all out of order and crap, so we'll wait for Bill
Sorry for any confusion.
I did initially pick 'Dancer', but I was thinking of another Draft when I did so.
When my post came up, I realized it was the 00's draft and quickly changed my pick (although I probably would have picked 'Dancer' at some point in this draft anyway)

If you want to forfeit my 'Mulholland Dr.' pick based on an anal rule and a whole 15 seconds...go ahead. :frowning:

I have have plenty of other films to pick from! :)

Mike Hutman

Supporting Actor
Ok I'm lost now. Am I going to pick two times or just once every turn? I don't care one way or the other. This is just for fun right? If I only get to pick once that's cool. I will not fell like I am getting screwed. I have a lot of movies to pick from, and I don't think anyone will be taken them. I have shitty taste in movies. I love crappy pop corn flicks, just ask Steve Gon.

My first pick is Road To Perdition
My second pick is The Others if it is indeed my turn. If not, don't count it and let me know when it's my turn. Thanks.

Lets just have fun with this.:)

Steeve Bergeron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steeve Bergeron
You can roll your eyes all you want, Gon, but doing 1-8 in all the rounds is basically cheating.

Lets just have fun with this.
It's a lot more fun when it's fair for everyone! Where's the fun when it's always the same people that get the advantage?

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Are we back to the draft yet?
We'll get back to the draft as soon as we get an eighth person, and if we don't have one soon, I'll personally find one myself, so it won't be too much longer. Also, rules are rules, sorry, but I don't go back on them once they're set. I've payed for that in the past.

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Yeah but when there's a limited number of quality selections, the first few guys get the shaft.
This is somewhat true. However, in exchange for getting a lower pick in the second round, you got the first pick, so it balances out. With 1-8, 1-8 order, there is no balance. The people at the top get the top selections in every single round and the people at the bottom get shafted.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Hold on guys, I promise this draft will be back on track by Wednesday. Just hold on a bit longer. Thanks for your patience. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks