What's new

Thank You SVS! (1 Viewer)

ChrisBee

Stunt Coordinator
Check out Joe's post -- he gave up everyone in the photo. As Ron noted, he's 5' 10". I'm only 5' 9", and when I visited I felt like I was in the valley of the giants. They're a great group of guys.

-Robb

When you get as old as me Son. You won't know who the last guy was, let alone the next, five minutes after reading Joe's post. Some of us need captions! :wink:

Hell, I keep trying to get my wife to wear a lapel name badge. :D

Regards
ChrisBee

Colin Goddard

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Ron

Nothing gets by us Calcuttians!!;)

And I bet you thought I wouldn't notice that new proto type sub on the right side of the pic!!?

The one with the white laquer cabinet with casters so it could be easily moved about the room. Brilliant!! I also see 2 seperate tuning ports at least 5 feet in lenght. Simply amazing!! I would like to be the first to order 2 of them!!:D :D :D :D :D :D ;) ;)

Sorry Ron,Tom and everyone else,I couldn't help myself!:b :b :)

Colin

dany

Supporting Actor
Real Name
D
Besides the great CS,whats so great about the sub. I keep reading gread things about them. They seem,at the price to good to be true. What am i missing?

Colin Goddard

Stunt Coordinator
Dany,

If you are referring to my last post about a "proto type" sub on the right side of pic., Its NOT a sub, but a white shop vac. I was just kidding Ron about me being from a place called Calcutta, Ohio, which I must admit is quite unusual!! I thought most members would see what I was talking about and just get a :) on there face. No offense was intended toward SVS.

As far as what so great about SVS subwoofers, I can answer this with one word. Everything!! Just read the thousands of positive post on this forum from happy owners of SVS subs.And I am also proud to say I am one of them and recommend them highly:emoji_thumbsup:

Colin

dany

Supporting Actor
Real Name
D
Dont know what your talking about,a pic? I'm just wondering about SVS,thanks.

Lyle_E

Stunt Coordinator
Colin, I hope the white sub is not the one thats coming on the truck on monday.....

Dany, I am not sure about all the Praise on SVS subs is but it was enough to peak my curiosity, and I am sure gonna find out on monday... Delivery date of 20-39 PCi

I have to save the rest for another post though
as I am pitting the SVS 20-39 PCi against a loaner RW12

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
Dany... I have had a large Klipsch sub, after that I switched to dual 12" NHT with 800 watts each into them thinking I could do better and had them for several years until I heard of SVS. That was all that was talked about over at the AVS forum and here. The deal was how low, loud and just room shaking bass if you wanted it that bad for movies they would do. I had to try one and at the time got a PB2+ which is now the PB12+ something. Read my post above about their customer service but several friends that have bought from them as well since I have. There was not even a close comparison what this sub could do compaired to my dual ones. In fact my best friend a Klisph nut came over.. He had got the biggest sub Klisph had at the time (several years ago) I think it was a 15" with a 1000 watts to it. It still could not do the output my SVS could and cost twice as much. These guys have their subs down to an art. I am really into HT more than music so I run mine hot but love to feel those chest hairs move under my shirt when you get to a good LFE action part.
Good luck
Mike

Lyle_E

Stunt Coordinator
Ron, you said in an email that I would be impressed...

You aint kidding!!!!:D

after running thru a quick calibration... i was floored with some "pant flapping", chest thumpin', room pressurizing, window rattling, in your face BASS!!!

I had to try the Fight club scenes that you said was to wimpy for other subs and I have to say it out performed the Klipsch RSW-12 for a lot less cash!!!

i also drug home an RW-12 sub also......

Yet another happy camper with his lil SVS 20-39 PCi Sub

Oh and its a monster!! I am gonna have a fun time keeping the cats from using it as a scratching post!

it takes up alot of space in my 16 x 10 room

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Thanks Lyle,

The PCi line isn't our newest model of course, but a program of continous improvements over the years have kept its performance "up with the Jones's" ... which mostly means other SVS models ;^) For a 16x10 room you got the right model for sure (I sure hope that was due to good advice we provided ;^0)

Play with your calibration a bit to get things dialed in with music too. Many (though not all) receivers allow you to adjust levels for different playback modes. "Pants flapping" is pretty cool for movie demos but you will probably find your favorite music CD's require a more deft touch.

Still, the Fight Club scenes we highlight are pretty startling examples of what movie audio can do when rendered with power, depth and linear accuracy. Explosions, plane and car crashes are supposed to be startling of course.

Ron

Lyle_E

Stunt Coordinator
I knew it was coming but when I watched "My eyes are open" Chapter 35 (2:13:00) I jumped!!

And yes I did tone it down a little and run some music thru it - a little Joe Satriani Surfin with the Alien Track 4. Always With Me, Always With You

I am going to spend a little time with the system tonight and level it out.

dany

Supporting Actor
Real Name
D
I'd like to know for the 20-39 and 25-31pci what the db is for both at 25Hz?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks