What's new

Thank You SVS! (1 Viewer)

Bill Polley

Second Unit
My brother was going to buy a new SVS sub because of my recommendation. I told him they were elite subs with even better customer service.

About the time he was looking to buy one, a deal came up on ebay for a 16-46 PCi with a "buy it now" price of $450, and I think shipping was negotiated before he bought to be included in the price.

He bought the sub, and it was badly damaged in shipping. The box was ripped open and all the cushioning peanuts were gone. The top grill was dented and the plug, which had been left plugged into the amp, was broken, This made an entire new amp neccessary also.

He lives about 70 miles from SVS, and called and told Ron what happened. SVS set it up for him to go to their site and they would fix it while he waited. Today he made the trip. Their service and professionalism was second to none. My brother said the SVS people were absolutely courtious and helpful, and resolved his problem while he waited. He was quite impressed with them.

My brother was into audio back in the 70's, and is now in his 50's. He relies on my help when he looks to upgrade. Needless to say, when friends of his go to his place to watch a movie or a game on the theater we are setting up, he will definitely be singing praises to SVS.

To everyone at SVS, especially the guys in Youngstown, thanks for making me look good. :D

And congrats on impressing another very satisfied customer.

Bill Polley

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Can't say I'm surprised in the least. Great story and has been my experience to the T. If you read my last Thread, you would understand my total agreement. Service like that shouldn't be taken for granted.

mikeEB

Auditioning
I couldn't agree more. I own 2 SVS and their customer support is nothing short of incredible. I emailed tech support some questions about taking my SVS with me to Germany and Ron responded in less than 24 hours, answering every little question with great detail. It's this type of customer service that convinced my wife my "need" to add a PC-Ultra to my already awesome 20-39PCi. My PC-Ultra had a damaged grill compliments of UPS and I had a replacement in hand in less than 48 hours.

M i k e

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
I hope your brother left a very stern feedback to the SVS Ebay seller. Damaging such a fine piece of equipment should be a federal crime punishable by forcing the guilty to own a Bose lifestyle system.

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Awe shucks guys, ya'll talking like it's something unusual. We're just a bunch of softies at SVS. Stray dogs, broken subs, Girl Scout cookies, accidentally delivered pizzas...we don't turn away from anything like that.

Here's the proof:

Our own Production Manager or one of the guys that actually built that sub in the first place is usually the guy turning the wrench on a repair like this too.

And this sub WILL be refurbished, tested and (I'm told just a few minutes ago) the seller will be relisting it. With a brand new warranted amp in there it should go quick on E-bay. It'll probably just ship right from us to help the seller out a bit.

MikePR,

Start a country? We actually started to do that. We were declared persona non grata sadly and had to retreat back inside our factory. The crowd has since dispersed.

Mike,

Having been stationed in Germany during my Army days, you don't think we're gonna let your SVS show up unprepared to wreck havoc over there do you? ;^)

Garrett,

Whoha boy! Even if it is covered with soft, sensuous black cloth, well, it's a sub. I don't think I'd levy a penalty THAT harsh! 8^0

Ron

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
I live in Reynoldsburg, Ohio. . . about 3 hours away. . . I recently bought a PB12-Plus/2 and sent my friend to them to pick it up. He got there around 2:30-3:00PM put it in the back of his Cherokee and I had music and movies playing on a sub that was less than 8 hours old by dark that night.

SVS's packing is extraordinary. . . service is extraordinary. . .

I bought mine on Thursday, they built it on Friday and I was singing its praises that night. . . Now that I have re-watched most of my movie collection for the 3rd or 4th time and the newness has worn off what was extraordinary sound that first night is still extraordinary.

My room is 12x18x8H and for the first time in a long long time you can not tell where the bass comes from. Just listening you would swear that it sits inside every speaker in the room. The sound comes out of the speaker that is delivering the rest of that bass sound. Amazing. . . detail, clarity, speed, tightness, extension blow me away every time I listen.

I find myself grinning a lot more that I ever did. . .

Now how about that 8 driver unit? ? ? I can only imagine. . .

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Ron,

I would just add that as the person who I have spoken to in my purchases at SVS, Erik Kroner, has always been polite, cooperative and helpful.

Also, company co-owners who will come out on the internet and essentially say, "no (SVS) sale is complete until the customer is satisfied", are rare indeed.

You simply can't go wrong buying SVS.

Artie

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
I have shared this before but for the newbies will again and try to be brief. I was in need for an upgrade from already good speakers I just had some extra $ and wanted to try. I had dual NHT 12" subs with 800 watts or so to each of them with seperate amps. Ron at SVS first took several phone calls from and to me in hopes of getting these to work better and get more low end from them. I though this was very odd as here is an owner of a company taking the time not to do a sell on me and help me with my equipment that was not his. Anyway after trying all that and did make improvements I had to have an SVS sub. He recommended the one which was one step down from the PB2+ at the time now called the PB12+ Ultra or something. But I wanted this to be my last sub and I am 95% into HT and wanted to feel it. Needless to say I got it and there was not even a close compairson against the dual subs I had before. The SVS not only sounded good in every way but could make the floor and couch rumble and give your chest hairs going too. I love it! SVS is a great customer oriented company and run by folks that want to help. They may never be rich but all of them down there can sleep at night knowing they are putting out a quality piece of equipment and not hosing a consumer for some ungodly price.
Toasts to you Ron... Keep it up! Mike Lindsey

Axu R

Agent
There are at least 20 happy customers in FINLAND. And you guys surely won't even know where that is! :D (but I bet Ron does)

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
Hi, Ron!

Wanna know where in the picture can I find you and Tom "V"!

By the way...I'll vote for you and Tom in the next Presidential elections (God help us if a certain female Senator get in the White House!). You and Tom can duke it out as to whom becomes the President and Vicepresident... :D

-THTS

"...hi, my name is Frank...and am an SVS bassaholic..."

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
I bet thats Tom on the left bottom and Ron in the back middle in the tan shirt. I have never seen a pic of Tom, but if thats him? He looks just as I have thought. Now that never happens. :b

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
I just got a nice package from SVS... A baseball cap that actually adjusts to my big head and an XX large T-Shirt.... I am a cool hapenin fool!!!!

Thanks Ron!

John S

Senior HTF Member
Man you guys make me wish I wasn't so pleased with my getting quite old Velodyne 15'r. Just to get one of these, I'm in Denver, so no biggie on a drive down there.

Ron, you guys got a demo room down there in the Springs where I could really rattle my inards?

ChrisBee

Stunt Coordinator
You guys in the USA just don't know what you're missing!

In Europe real men run their SVSs on 240 Volts! :D

ChrisBee :laugh:

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I want to know who everyone in the picture above is. I know which one is Ron but with all the email exchanges, etc. with Tom over the years I don't have a clue what he looks like.

So how about a....In the front row we have from left to right...type of posts. Inquiring minds want to know. Or is it minds want to know what to inquire about? I can't remember which one it is.

Parker

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Thats a great idea Parker. Lets put the pressure on; My hunch is thats Tom on the bottom left? He looks (patient) anyway.;)

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
Nah, Steve...Tom V has to be the one standing second from the left flank...wanna bet?... :D

-THTS

"...hi, my name is Frank...and am an SVS bassaholic..."

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Nah, Steve...Tom V has to be the one standing second from the left flank...wanna bet?...
__________________________________________________ ____

Frank where the heck have you been? Your still bad at checking your PM's aren't you?:) Old bass heads never learn.

I have a pic of Tom coming soon and then I'll straighten this mess out. That was my 2nt choice Frank. Do I still get a prize :laugh: Which one is Eric K then?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks