What's new

Thank you SVS for ruining my life. (1 Viewer)

Joey_V

Second Unit
Glad to see another young-un warm up to an SVS! Raoc, I'm 22 (just one year younger than you) and I have a 25-31PC+ in my apartment... its a MONSTER for my puny 13x11 bedroom!!

All hooked up to my computer for MP3, movie, and gaming needs.... ahhhh.... this is the life!!

Congrats again on your purchase... you're lucky I'm not in the same state as the seller you bought it from or I would've snatched that PB12/2 before you did!! LOL...

raoC

Stunt Coordinator
whats up joey, ya these guys are so OOOLLLDDDDD around here.

I have your exact set up, kinda stinks watching movies on my lil 19 inch lcd monitor but i sit so close anyway its not a big deal. some dude asked me if my sub was a table, just bout knocked him out.

rao.

joey u in school?

Steve K.H.

Supporting Actor

And anyone asks if an SVS is worth it? Hell, that's priceless.:D

An excellent sub is worth the investment... no question... whether someone has an HSU or a Paradigm 2200 or an SVS as we have, it's always cool to read these stories...

Although I've got the "40" black garbage can", I have never, ever had one person look at it (along right wall, in plain view) and say to me...

"Damn that's ugly",

but I've had numerous people say...

"Damn, that's the best sub ever... you can't localize it and it just fills the room with clean sound"

Excellent subs should be illegal in multi-tenancy structures such as condos or apartments. I would go nuts listening to that coming from my neighbour...

then again I would get even by finding times when you're sleeping and crank my SVS up... :D

Joey_V

Second Unit
RaoC,
Wasssup! I'm in school. First year (M1) medical student at Rush in Chicago! You?

MikeHU

Stunt Coordinator
Rao, Glad to know that you got the sub in your place alright. I hope you had some help lugging it up all those stairs! Like finding a new home for a dog you cannot keep any longer, I'm happy to know that my old sub has found a good home.:D As far as the ringing in your ears, it just gets worse. When you get to my age, I have a good ENT that can help you out with that Tinnitus. But then again, you will be able to treat yourself by that time. I am subless until Wednesday, when the the PC-ultra is supposed to arrive. Can't wait. Enjoy your new end-table. Hey, I have 1 extra ticket to the Pacers/Toronto game this Wednesday night. Send my a PM if you are interested in it (free, of course). Lower - level, so you could always trade-up and take a friend.

RajeeK

Second Unit
Rao,

Hey, glad to see another Desi doc. here. I loved you post in the Bose thread. True dat, if your not with Bose your out with the Indians. Well you know the founder of Bose is Amar Bose our fellow brother....so we gotta support him...well maybe not. I got all Triads in my theater with a couple SVS's. Good luck in med school. It sucked the life out of me, but finally made it through it.

Raj

raoC

Stunt Coordinator
yea thats the ironic thing about bose. he is indian!

I have another question guys

when you listen to music do you use stereo usually? I like stereo but the sfc "live" on my panny sa-he200 sounds pretty good too because the sub will kick in on the deep notes.

i just bought avia now i just need a spl meter!!

Oh another reason svs ruined my life:

I CANT STUDY WORTH CRAP!

Rajeek you have tons of dvds! wow.

RajeeK

Second Unit

Ya, I got probably half of those in the internet hayday, before everything crashed. There would be days I would be late to rotations in residency, cause I was at home buying DVD's that were on sale (reel.com 800.com etc....all of them gone now)....oh well, the good old days.

MikeLi

Supporting Actor

I could turn mine up (in a big room) and do more damage than that. I think you would see sheetrock cracking if you could hold your fingers in your ears and your heart didn't stop beating...... I love it.

Seriously I have mine set just a bit under half way on the gain and its the perfect sub... couldn't be happier. I have had my PB2+ for over two years... now they are the PB12+ultras or something... One of the best pieces of gear in my set up and actually one of the least expensive too...

JohnSmith

Supporting Actor
You know, American houses must be made out of cardboard. What with all this "my SVS shakes the whole house" I've ramped my PC Plus up and you can't even hear or feel it the other side or the house. And you can't really feel or hear it outside either, even 6' from the wall.

Our house is similar to this; detached house, brick..

http://www.homeownersales.co.uk/imag...e/1911pic5.jpg

JohnSmith

Supporting Actor
nah, it's just the walls do not transmit or flex with the vibrations, there's also much higher sound isolation (brick, brezeblock, padding, then brick) I guess if you live in a condo you've only got plasterboard then padding and outer woodwork.

At least our houses have some use, they might be smaller but more suited for louder goings-on side, like HT or other things like grunting ;)

Wayde_R

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for all the hum advice in this thread guys.

For a good picture rattling movie check out Alexander. I know it's a long movie, controversial and opinions on Oliver Stone are like a$$-holes, everybodies got one. But those battle scenes in Alexander shook my house up like few movies have.

Sorry, no SVS here. I have a mere Velodyne but it makes me happy. It's paired with another sub, a Boston Acoustics 8" sub which sits in the back corner of the room for a little secondary sub action.

My gas fireplace shakes so much when the subs get going that it actually detracts from the overall acoustic effect IMHO. Anymore power or air shaking is not really desired, I have just enough.

KeithMoechnig

Stunt Coordinator
My brother's SVS on the concrete floor in my basement shut a screen door upstairs when watching finding nemo. Then again, you can hear it more upstairs because the paneling doesn't rattle upstairs. I really need to get some drywall.

Patrick Nevin

Stunt Coordinator
I love my SVS 20-39 PCi. I have it in a corner in a 12x8x8 room and run it 4dB hot for movies and t.v. per Tom V's suggestion. Man that sub really shakes the room. I am now gonna have to play an awesome bass passage just so I can fine all of the little rattles in the room and tame them down. I am just curious but how hot do most of you run your SVS?

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
"You know, American houses must be made out of cardboard. What with all this "my SVS shakes the whole house" I've ramped my PC Plus up and you can't even hear or feel it the other side or the house. And you can't really feel or hear it outside either, even 6' from the wall.

Our house is similar to this; detached house, brick.."

There is an easy solution for that. Get another one!

I have a similar house. 72 years old. Full Brick/Block/Plaster. The house is solid as a rock.

I have my twins (dual 16-46CS+) in a 12 x 13 room. I can watch any of the above movies at reference levels. Everything in my room rattles from the shear pressure of the subs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks